• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wayne LaPierre announces resignation as NRA chief

For $500K per year, company housing, company car, clothing allowance and my choice of "personal" secretary, I humbly accept the position as head of the NRA.....

NES skinflints: not another dime until Wayne is gone

[Wayne leaves]

NES skinflints: Well yes but we have to see what happens first
In explanation, let me just say that we are not all complete fools. A few days or even weeks to wait and see the next steps taken by the new "Wayne-Free NRA" are very much in order.

Also, some of us old folks are on very tight budgets. I am not going to reallocate FPC, NAGR, GOA and SAF funds to the NRA on Day 1 or Day 2. That is not fair to the organizations that have been doing the real work for us.

No dishonesty here. I'm thinking February or March for a resumption of NRA donations. I'll let you know when I am donating again. [thumbsup]

can you cite the relative overhead costs for the NRA vs GOA vs GOAL vs Comm2A?

Apples to watermelons. The nra is a large entity. None of thebother orgs are similar size. This is like comparing the corner coffee shop with Dunkin donuts. A smaller entity has obviously smaller overhead, a large entity has much more infrastructure and overhead. Goal is 1 state organization the nra covers the country. A senator in Alabama may never have even heard of goal the organization in Massachusetts. However ever senator from city to backwater nowhere usa knows what the nra is.

Apples to watermelons. The nra is a large entity. None of thebother orgs are similar size. This is like comparing the corner coffee shop with Dunkin donuts. A smaller entity has obviously smaller overhead, a large entity has much more infrastructure and overhead. Goal is 1 state organization the nra covers the country. A senator in Alabama may never have even heard of goal the organization in Massachusetts. However ever senator from city to backwater nowhere usa knows what the nra is.

... I believe you are looking at the wrong litmus test. GOAL, COMM2A (God bless them both), similar other state level orgs and finally the NRA- those organizations were created time ago to protect the 2A state-side and nationally. Their leadership never intended to get rich quick off and their goals were patriotic, common sense and born of bloodstained knowledge about how the real world operates...

The MO and patriotic thinking is the common theme of what started these organizations.

Now on what is different. Somewhere along the way the NRA saw itself with more money and cred it knew what to do with and turned into the 2A version of the Church of Scientology. Like the Church the NRA is a great idea dressed in financial gluttony mixed with business interests . As such aligning it to its MO I believe the NRA to be broken on many levels and the only thing keeping it running is the large number of patriots in this country that see the NRA for what it is, but for one reason or another still support it. It will take a significant amount of soul searching to correct things and I am not sure it is even possible, but La Pierre leaving was a necessary starting element of the puzzle.

My 2 cents
A

Last edited:
In explanation, let me just say that we are not all complete fools. A few days or even weeks to wait and see the next steps taken by the new "Wayne-Free NRA" are very much in order.

Also, some of us old folks are on very tight budgets. I am not going to reallocate FPC, NAGR, GOA and SAF funds to the NRA on Day 1 or Day 2. That is not fair to the organizations that have been doing the real work for us.

No dishonesty here. I'm thinking February or March for a resumption of NRA donations. I'll let you know when I am donating again. [thumbsup]
Grifters gonna grift and frivolously spend donated $$$. See attahced, Goa lost close to $4 million in 2022.

Attachments

• 2022-521256643-202313179349306751-9O.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
My concern is that people will say, as has been said here, "great, now I'll sign up and donate".
The board and leadership that exist may say "See, Wayne is gone and $$$$ is coming in. We're good, not to worry".
Wayne was just step #1. The NRAs board needs a deep clean and it's credibility needs to be regained.

Apparently, his heir is Andrew Arulanandam.

Unfortunately, the apple didn't fall far enough from the tree.

LinkedIn: [ https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-arulanandam-0919793/ ]
And I honestly don't believe the apple will fall far enough away from the tree for sometime. Lapierre is a complete POS, and has been allowed to operate the way he has by surrounding himself with a bunch of like minded POS!

The idea was to be able to screw as many of us over for as long as possible, then turn things over who will probably either do the same, but more importantly, cover his shit up!

I seriously don't see any meaningful overhaul of the NRA for many years to come, unless a good portion of the board that are decent people can overthrow the majority that were that shitbags fan boys! If it can get ugly real fast, that will probably be best for all of us, otherwise the longer it goes the more shit will be forgotten and it will be business as usual!

I'm thinking the same. There needs to be some measures to prevent another Wayne and others who were part of the problem either need to check out as well or at least be subject to greater oversight. It would be pretty f-ing easy to fix the NRA with a well defined plan and leadership willing to enforce it. Reasonable limits on C-level compensation, new ethics policy, dump the ridiculous and corrupt marketing outsourcing, and take action in more challenging 2A cases. Again, self-promotion and pandering within red states only lines pockets and does little to nothing for 2A.

Wayne leaving was step 1 in the right direction, but the NRA could easily take 2 steps back. For all we know once this lawsuit by NY is over, good 'ole Wayne might come strutting back in with a $5000 suit with Gold buttons.

The NRA is not the beginning and the end of 2A organizations, there are others.

The article says a special master will be appointed so no cronies will be in charge.

Need to go bankrupt. Restructure with a stated focus on what they want to accomplish. New board. New management. No one who had a hand in previous board and management. Until that happens, it's just the definition of insanity, 'doing the same thing and expecting different results.'

If the NRA goes kaput there will be no more resources for the NRA gun safety classes that are taught for people to get their LTCs. Probably the major classes taken in MA for gun licensing.

Grifters gonna grift and frivolously spend donated $$$. See attahced, Goa lost close to $4 million in 2022.

Well, that bump stock lawsuit cost 700k just in money to the lawyer and did a whole lot of nothing. Salaries seem cheap for DC lobbyists ($80 to $120/hr). Don't know how much mass mailers cost, or "media services", so thats a toss up.

Pics are didn’t happen.. i’ll post mine if you do me after a year and a half of Covid..
I look more like some scruffy homeless Amish person. It had to go nobody would’ve hired me.
Dude after a month i look like a teenager who grew a dirt beard

I dont get carded when i shave... but if i don't i get carded every time

Grifters gonna grift and frivolously spend donated $$$. See attached, Goa lost close to $4 million in 2022.
Too Long; Didn't Study. Can you point me at what you object to? Looks to me like they are spending lots of money (maybe too much money) trying to preserve our 2A rights. If so, that's better in my opinion than a certain local group and their forever ongoing frugality campaign. 🤔

Well, that bump stock lawsuit cost 700k just in money to the lawyer and did a whole lot of nothing. Salaries seem cheap for DC lobbyists ($80 to $120/hr). Don't know how much mass mailers cost, or "media services", so that's a toss up.
Expensive mass mailer campaigns from any pro-2A organization break my heart. I am forever trying to shut them off. o_O

Too Long; Didn't Study. Can you point me at what you object to? Looks to me like they are spending lots of money (maybe too much money) trying to preserve our 2A rights. If so, that's better in my opinion than a certain local group and their forever ongoing frugality campaign. 🤔

I'd rather have them take a winning case than throw money at questionable ones. You also have other cases moving forward that would have results in our state when they finally reach the top. I understand the frugality end of it in terms of not spending trail-blazing money on an already cut path. Most anti-gun states don't appeal to the SCOTUS on a loss right now, which means we have to lose + appeal at the lower courts to get our case before SCOTUS, and if we win at the Circuit Court level, we only get a change at state level (because the losing state won't appeal to SCOTUS and risk federal-level case law).

I'd rather have them take a winning case than throw money at questionable ones. You also have other cases moving forward that would have results in our state when they finally reach the top. I understand the frugality end of it in terms of not spending trail-blazing money on an already cut path. Most anti-gun states don't appeal to the SCOTUS on a loss right now, which means we have to lose + appeal at the lower courts to get our case before SCOTUS, and if we win at the Circuit Court level, we only get a change at state level (because the losing state won't appeal to SCOTUS and risk federal-level case law).
Maybe I'm just not smart enough to know a winning case vs. a questionable one... so show me where and how frugality turned out to be the winning strategy and maybe I'll reverse my own strategy of funding the most active pro-2A organizations and fund the quiet, frugal, do-nothing ones instead. 🤔

Heres a couple of screen grabs, they took in less than the prior year and spent more. That is mismanagement.

1704587954304.png

Balance sheet shrunk, a lot.. mismangement

1704588055606.png

I think all of these orgs exist to pay salaries and benefits (that are derived from donations) to the leaders. At least with NRA members had a vote. A weak vote and things were manipulated but a vote. Members are not really members of GOA, they have no vote, no say in how the org is run.

Watch your wallet.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to know a winning case vs. a questionable one... so show me where and how frugality turned out to be the winning strategy and maybe I'll reverse my own strategy of funding the most active pro-2A organizations and fund the quiet, frugal, do-nothing ones instead. 🤔
Personally, I can only tell with the benefit of hindsight. Maybe I should have rephrased that to "I would rather see results"

As far as which one to support, that's up to the individual.

To be more specific - is there a purpose in starting, for example, a new magazine restriction lawsuit in MA when NFGR has one going already?

You are reading a subtext to my statements that is only present in your own mind. Apart from when I am being humorous, I mean EXACTLY what I write. Which I get it, isn't the way you are used to communicating based on the vague statements you have made. Who precisely is the "certain local group and their forever ongoing frugality campaign." Is it GOAL? If it is, they aren't an "in the trenches" group. Their website specifies what they do GOAL - About GOAL . If you want to support a group that actually files lawsuit, you don't mail checks to GOAL. They operate more on the education / training end of things, while also trying to put the word out when new fecal matter legislation comes from Beacon Hill.

Last edited:
Personally, I can only tell with the benefit of hindsight. Maybe I should have rephrased that to "I would rather see results"

As far as which one to support, that's up to the individual.

To be more specific - is there a purpose in starting, for example, a new magazine restriction lawsuit in MA when NFGR has one going already?

You are reading a subtext to my statements that is only present in your own mind. Apart from when I am being humorous, I mean EXACTLY what I write. Which I get it, isn't the way you are used to communicating based on the vague statements you have made. Who precisely is the "certain local group and their forever ongoing frugality campaign." Is it GOAL? If it is, they aren't an "in the trenches" group. Their website specifies what they do GOAL - About GOAL . If you want to support a group that actually files lawsuit, you don't mail checks to GOAL. They operate more on the education / training end of things, while also trying to put the word out when new fecal matter legislation comes from Beacon Hill.
Agree. A lot of people don't know the difference between organizations that lobby and those that file suits. In this case you'd have GOAL and COMM2A as examples. Nationally the NRA and GOA do both, but then you have SAF and FPC on the suit side, as just a couple examples.

I’d rather not see the NRA nose dive and have to restructure. The left would take that as a major win and would tote it as how they took down a giant pro gun organization.

Back
Top Bottom