Washington state approves ban on semi-automatic rifles: ‘We refuse to accept gun violence as normal’Story by Associated Press • 1h ago

Oh I get it but then why not ignore Heller all together? You think Maura likes the fact that handguns are sold at all, any kind? I'm playing devils advocate here for people that can't understand that just trying to understand the half-stepping they're doing. So they listen to SCOTUS a little bit before but it seems like now they don't and this is new territory
They are listening. Aggressively.

In the same way that we find the edges of laws and guidance to get what we want, they test the same edges for what they want. This back and forth is how precedent happens.

Washington State is a WEF captured State. A Government full off Climate change nut bags.

Oh I get it but then why not ignore Heller all together? You think Maura likes the fact that handguns are sold at all, any kind? I'm playing devils advocate here for people that can't understand that just trying to understand the half-stepping they're doing. So they listen to SCOTUS a little bit before but it seems like now they don't and this is new territory

Also, they're being careful to avoid being so open in their disobedience that they get challenged in court. Maura is very skilled at this: she has an intuitive sense for how far she can go without provoking a lawsuit from a good plaintiff. She knows nobody is likely to sue over safe storage, because...

a. most legal MA gun owners probably already have safe storage, or
b. (more likely) the odds of your unsafe storage actually becoming something that gets you arrested, charged, and tried, absent any other offense, are incredibly low.

She knows she can persist with these micro-tyrannies because she is confident it won't end up before a judge. Again, she's good at this.

Ignoring is 1 thing, passing laws that fly in the face of what they ruled seems like a pretty simple fix on the SCOTUS end. Maybe I'm impatient but it seems SCOTUS should take a case and strike them all down.
They practically did with Bruen, just that now Bruen standards have to be applied to all lawsuits that are in the pipeline or have been vacated and remanded.

Next 12-24 months going to be very interesting as we will see which appellate circuits actually follow the new guidelines and which cases SCOTUS is willing to grant cert when there's a split or an appeals court upholds a law that violates Bruen.

1682040236648.jpeg Come hell or high water, this is going to be the ultimate resolution of all this anti gun bullshit in the U.S.

View attachment 744486

Laws, The Constitution, case law, your rights, they don’t matter to government. They’ll always violate them and infringe upon them.
You are correct, and unfortunately we’re way past just the government not caring about laws anymore. NOBODY cares about laws anymore. This is what happens when one side of society lets go of objective reality, and the other side is too comfortable and/or intimidated to stand up and say no to the insanity for fear of losing a job, or friends, or what have you.

We live in a nation of political will, not a nation of laws. Unless and until our side wakes up enough to realize this and becomes more committed to our cause than they are to theirs, we’re going to continue to lose. Laws mean nothing to them. Why do we continue to abide by them when they don’t?

The tri lug is a way. Muzzle devices with features for the suppressor are another.

There are also firearms that can host it other than semiauto pistols. For example, bolt rifles.

I'm not saying it's okay. I'm pretty much "every law is an infringement." But acting like an obvious block is the end to all use is defeatist attitude. That's what they want: for you to pack up and go home. I feel like there's a three-word slogan out there about having the bigger brain, finding alternatives, and winning. It's right on the top of my tongue....
Adapt and Overcome.

True, noncompliance will be huge and mass shootings will not decline, but growth in ownership of AR15s in WA will decline - and not in an “equitable” fashion.

“Some Washington residents told VICE News that they're worried the ban creates a situation where 'traditional' gun owners—white, male conservatives—are sitting on an arsenal of high-powered weapons, which emerging demographics of gun owners, like LGBTQ people, leftists and minorities, no longer have access to," the publication reported last week.”

The bill bans their future sale, distribution, manufacture and importation, although some exemptions are included for sales to law enforcement agencies and the military in Washington.

f*** these people.
The funny thing is it’s always the people calling Republicans “fascist” that pass these gun control laws that exempt police and military.

Back
Top Bottom