Want to be green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is that time of year for me to send of a check to renew my membership.
Since One Eyed Jack is giving out a freebie I decided to do the same.

Heres the deal if your not green yet and want to be call in and I'll pick a number using the random site on Oct 2nd and announce the winner on the 3rd. Best of luck to everyone.

For anyone who isnt green and wants to be call in.

Last edited:
If I don't win One Eyed Jacks, please count me in on this one. I'd love to be green again! Thanks!

It's $19 dude.

Unfortunately I got laid off from work about three months ago, so right now to me $19 is a lot of money. I have a very carefully balanced budget. Until I'm able to find work again, and then pay off some debt, $19 spent here means I don't eat for three days. I'm hoping soon I'll find something, and once I am able to get my life back on track, I plan on paying forward the karma.

Unfortunately I got laid off from work about three months ago, so right now to me $19 is a lot of money. I have a very carefully balanced budget. Until I'm able to find work again, and then pay off some debt, $19 spent here means I don't eat for three days. I'm hoping soon I'll find something, and once I am able to get my life back on track, I plan on paying forward the karma.

Good luck with the job search! I hope you find something soon. Not sure what line of work your in, but indeed.com seems to be the best job board I have found.

I wasn't meaning to be a dick, probably should have thought before i shot my mouth off. my bad.

So you're saying being a green member is less important than eating? It's only 72 hours without food, you'll live. Seriously though, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Best of luck with the job search! [grin]

Good luck with the job search! I hope you find something soon. Not sure what line of work your in, but indeed.com seems to be the best job board I have found.

Thanks. I hope so too. I worked as a mechanic for about 15 years, then got laid off a few years ago. I then decided to try my hand at something different, and started working as a computer repair technician. I also hold a class b cdl with air brake and tanker endorsements. Hopefully one of those skills will pay off with something soon. Right now, finding a job has become my full time job.

I wasn't meaning to be a dick, probably should have thought before i shot my mouth off. my bad.

Believe me, I didn't take any offense to that whatsoever. Up until now, I would've thought the exact same way. If I were to judge you for what you said, I'd be a hypocrite. I knew you weren't being a dick. I just felt like I needed to explain that I wasn't trying to be cheap and get something for nothing. The fact is that I genuinely cannot afford it right now.

Well it is that time of year for me to send of a check to renew my membership.
Since One Eyed Jack is giving out a freebie I decided to do the same.

Heres the deal if your not green yet and want to be call in and I'll pick a number using the random site on Oct 2nd and announce the winner on the 3rd. Best of luck to everyone.

ETA: Please only call in if you havent called in to Jack's thread. thank you.

Damnit, where were you three days ago. [laugh]

You can go ahead and take my name out of the hat. bostonasphalt2 has generously offered to help me out and pay for my membership! +1 to him! Once I get my life back on track, I will definately pay it forward and do the same for someone else. It's members like him that make this forum such a great place. His kindness and generosity is a shining example of the type of community that Northeastshooters is all about.

I am headed to work to hopefully pick up my stuff, so I can take care of you tonight, rapture. (that SOOOO didnt sound right, damnit)

im in on jacks so i will pass here.........at this time i just cant pony up 19 bucks.......been out of work for over a yr now and going through chemo.........hopefully be able to get back to work next spring.

im in on jacks so i will pass here.........at this time i just cant pony up 19 bucks.......been out of work for over a yr now and going through chemo.........hopefully be able to get back to work next spring.

I'll keep your name in the running. One never knows who will win Jacks 19 bucks.

Jack announced his winner. Who's next. Picking a number on Friday night with the post of who wins on Sat the 3rd.

Wow. Only five users want to take a chance at getting a free membership for one year.
I'm picking a number Friday night. Still time to jump in.

Hell, maybe I'll even pick two numbers instead of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom