Walther SP22

jar

I was looking for something on the Walther web site, and saw mention of the new SP22. A search didn't find any prior discussion. Looks like Walther might be trying to compete with the Ruger mk series in the customizable 22lr target pistol market.

The SP22 is a series of models, and it looks like you'll be able to buy the parts to change between models separately. It seems S&W is soon selling the 4" and 6" basic models, with the 6" match barrel models to come later next year.

http://www.waltheramerica.com/wcsstore/Walther/upload/other/SP22_Flyer.pdf

Last edited:
I was looking for something on the Walther web site, and saw mention of the new SP22. A search didn't find any prior discussion. Looks like Walther might be trying to compete with the Ruger mk series in the customizable 22lr target pistol market.

The SP22 is a series of models, and it looks like you'll be able to buy the parts to change between models separately. It seems S&W is soon selling the 4" and 6" basic models, with the 6" match barrel models to come later next year.

http://www.waltheramerica.com/wcsstore/Walther/upload/other/SP22_Flyer.pdf

Snazzy but I hope they work on getting the PPS approved in MA before that. I "need" a PPS.

Yeah, the PPS looks more interesting to me too. Have you handled one? I've heard from some people that the grip is uncomfortable because it's small and square. One compared it to holding a magazine.

I don't really care that much about the SP22 beyond it being interesting to follow new stuff on the market. I'm planning to buy a ruger 22 soon, and I won't have a need for a second 22 for a while.

They had an SP22 when I was picking up my PPS. They only had an M1, but that M3 looks pretty sweet. I've been thinking of getting another .22 pistol that I could put a red dot on, and until now had been thinking of a Buckmark (already have a Mark II). If I see an M3 any time soon I might just grab it.

They had an SP22 when I was picking up my PPS. They only had an M1, but that M3 looks pretty sweet. I've been thinking of getting another .22 pistol that I could put a red dot on, and until now had been thinking of a Buckmark (already have a Mark II). If I see an M3 any time soon I might just grab it.

How do you like the PPS?

C-pher: I said for a while. The next 22 will be a rifle. Then, before I need a second 22 pistol, there are plenty of other niches to fill .. . 1911, wheelgun, BHP, a shotgun, milsurps . . ow, my wallet.

A friend spoke with a rep regarding the new Walther PPS and they are suggesting first quarter of '08 for a MA compliant version.

A friend spoke with a rep regarding the new Walther PPS and they are suggesting first quarter of '08 for a MA compliant version.

Awesome. I was thinking of getting a Glock 26 but I'll wait. I'm kind of on the thin side so concealing any thick handgun would be difficult. The PPS looks pretty pocketable too.

It's great. It's a little big for pocket carry, but it's perfect for IWB. I find it a little easyer to shoot with the 7 or 8 round mag, but it's obviously more concealable with the 6 rounder.

Any recommendations for something to pocket carry?

Any recommendations for something to pocket carry?

If you are a thin build as you mentioned earlier the only real option is something real small like a Seecamp. I have the same issue, I can't conceal anything in my pockets all that well. Tried a Beretta, too big, a j-frame is way too big, etc. Settled on a Seecamp and still is hard to conceal in front pocket. Well to be honest, strangers will never question what you have in your pocket, but I am more worried about family and friends. So I carry the Seecamp back pocket in plain view and noone, I mean noone, is the wiser.

I am also very interested in the PPS. IWB with normal double stacks are almost impossible for me except in a suit or winter jacket.

If you are a thin build as you mentioned earlier the only real option is something real small like a Seecamp. I have the same issue, I can't conceal anything in my pockets all that well. Tried a Beretta, too big, a j-frame is way too big, etc. Settled on a Seecamp and still is hard to conceal in front pocket. Well to be honest, strangers will never question what you have in your pocket, but I am more worried about family and friends. So I carry the Seecamp back pocket in plain view and noone, I mean noone, is the wiser.

I am also very interested in the PPS. IWB with normal double stacks are almost impossible for me except in a suit or winter jacket.

Thanks. I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm trying to see if I can get a PM9, somehow.

I just picked up a walther p22 on friday and i've put about 250 rounds through it this weekend with no problems and i love it. It's smooth and reliable and compleatly unoticable to carry.

Back
Top Bottom