Walther PPS reviews?

Shot a rental 9mm that the guy next to me at the range had. (he had just railroad tracked his support hand thumb so he needed a break) I was blown away by the fact I put 5 rounds in a grouping I could cover with a clinched fist at the 7 yard range. Picked it up, picked the skin out of the back of it and bam, bam, bam. very impressive.

I bought the next 40S&W one that came in. I've shot a couple hundred rounds, but the trigger was BAD. It scrunched, and stacked up before it released. I tore it down and cleaned it, lubed and dry fired the bajeez out of it. The trigger is greatly improved now that it's worn in a little. It has the 'S' disconnector. I am looking forward to getting tritium sites and a better holster than the crappy ankle unit I've got now.

The recoil is easier than my Kimber Pro Carry II .45.

[shocked] SCRATCH THE ABOVE!!! Gun had the jam to the rear failure! Should have stopped at a couple hundred I guess. The next session on the range, round 253 to be exact, the gun jammed rearward and spit off the extractor. What really makes me mad is it was made, ok, test fired, 2/24/2009.

PPS Trigger Weight

CrossX brought out his fine collection of trigger scales today. He and Negotiator tested the trigger weight on the GOAL Foundation's PPS. They took 3 readings; 19lbs!!!!!!
It will be going back to S&W tomorrow. Other than having to use my feet to press the trigger, I really like this gun.

I shot a free state .40 PPS one of my LEO buddies had, 'effen amazing for such a little gun. I really enjoyed shooting it. Got really tight groupings, and it felt good in my hand.

I had Greg Derr install an S disconnector on mine as well as tritium sights. He smoothed up the action while he was at it. Very light crisp trigger pull now. I had 200 rounds through it before the trigger job and 300 since the trigger job. Only problem was not going into battery when loading a fresh mag. Only happened once and was probably my fault not the pistol's.

Greg seemed impressed with it when he gave it back to me.

As an attorney would you recommend altering the trigger pull weight on a carry?

I have a PPS with holster wear, hate the trigger LOVE the gun though....

I may not be an attorney, but bring it down to like 5.5 lbs...

I had Greg Derr install an S disconnector on mine as well as tritium sights. He smoothed up the action while he was at it. Very light crisp trigger pull now. I had 200 rounds through it before the trigger job and 300 since the trigger job. Only problem was not going into battery when loading a fresh mag. Only happened once and was probably my fault not the pistol's.

Greg seemed impressed with it when he gave it back to me.

Greg does great work, he did my M&P's trigger and I love it! The PPS and the M&Ps seem to have the same problems...

Yup, an MA compliant trigger pull.

Well, it seems to be more than just that - since they come out of the factory with exorbitantly high trigger pulls with no consistency from one firearm to the next... Why not just pop them all out to be just barely MA compliant instead of 19, 22 lbs...

PPS trigger pull is a problem. I am waiting about 5 to 6 weeks now for a disconnector and it's not here yet. Every time I call S&W they tell me they are on order from Germany. It's poor planning to not have parts on hand for guns you sell.
If you send in a gun for repair, they will cannibalize their inventory of guns to get them back out the door. Of course, they won't fix a Mass trigger.
Very disappointing.[sad]

Well, it seems to be more than just that - since they come out of the factory with exorbitantly high trigger pulls with no consistency from one firearm to the next... Why not just pop them all out to be just barely MA compliant instead of 19, 22 lbs...

Yeah, closer would be beter, but when they decided, for what ever reason, to go as high as they did any roughness in the contact points is probably greatly exagerated and contributes to the spread. Mine is now very consistant and light.

I got my part here:

http://www.carlwalther.com/

I almost think this is intentional. If I were running S&W/Walther U.S.A., I would not want anyone to think I was such a terrible manufacturer that I decided to put an 11 pound trigger on the gun. So, I install a 15 to 20 pound trigger to satisfy the idiot AG and just assume anyone with any sense would understand the gun is essentially locked (or broken), and will get it fixed. Otherwise, people might get the idea that it was the gun maker's intention to put the lousy trigger in the gun.

If I were running a gun manufacturer and some politician forced me to install 10 pound single action triggers, I would just make the trigger as bad as possible (say, 25 pounds), yet functional enough to sell legally. Then I would make it very easy to get a cheap part to fix the gun. I might even include an insert with the paperwork saying that "due to Mass regs, this gun is almost unusable, call 1-800-SCR-EWMA to get a $0.10 replacement sear."

I almost think this is intentional. If I were running S&W/Walther U.S.A., I would not want anyone to think I was such a terrible manufacturer that I decided to put an 11 pound trigger on the gun. So, I install a 15 to 20 pound trigger to satisfy the idiot AG and just assume anyone with any sense would understand the gun is essentially locked (or broken), and will get it fixed. Otherwise, people might get the idea that it was the gun maker's intention to put the lousy trigger in the gun.

If I were running a gun manufacturer and some politician forced me to install 10 pound single action triggers, I would just make the trigger as bad as possible (say, 25 pounds), yet functional enough to sell legally. Then I would make it very easy to get a cheap part to fix the gun. I might even include an insert with the paperwork saying that "due to Mass regs, this gun is almost unusable, call 1-800-SCR-EWMA to get a $0.10 replacement sear."

that almost makes too much sense...

First Edition PPS

My fav -

Attachments

• PPS FE Left Side in Case.jpg
    PPS FE Left Side in Case.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 53
  • PPS FE Right Side - 2.JPG
    PPS FE Right Side - 2.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 40
  • PPS FE Right Side - 3.JPG
    PPS FE Right Side - 3.JPG