• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walther P99C shooting impressions

Yesterday was the first chance I had to run some ammo through my new Walther P99C. I bought this gun because I really like my Walther P22 and full-size P99, and because I wanted a smaller 9mm carry gun. It is only slightly bigger than a Glock 26, and it is actually lighter than a G26. It has a 10 + 1 capacity and mine has the AS trigger. The ergonomics are wonderful - this gun just feels like it belongs in my hand.

So I was expecting the worst yesterday at the range - I had read that felt recoil was pretty snappy and was not easy to shoot well. I'm happy to report that this gun shoots like a dream. Recoil was simply not an issue. In fact, I shoot it better than any other gun I own. Maybe it was a fluke, but I was shooting tight (for me) groups with this thing at 18 yards. For targets I use a plain piece of 8-1/2" x 11" paper with two quarter-sized ink blots. Since I'm a novice shooter, it's often difficult to tell which ink blot I was shooting at! Not yesterday. I even had two shots from one 10-round mag hit the actual target, with all but one flyer grouped within about four inches of the ink blot.

I'm just really happy with this gun. I think of it as an improved Glock with better ergonomics and a nice trigger.

Thanks for the report. Pistol PEte let me try his compact .40 and I really liked it. I have a full size P99 and will be augumenting it with a compact P99 or SW99, hopefully soon.

Back
Top Bottom