walther p1 c&r arrived

*looks around*
Hey, isn't it a violation of interweb gun-forum protocol to post about a new pistol and NOT have pictures ?

Hmmmmmm ? [thinking]

True, but the place that currently has them doesn't ship pistols to Mass even to FFL 03 holders. ;)

Actually they do. I had a long conversation with the owner and explained the laws to him. As long as you have a LTC-A and a C&R you are all set. You need to send a copy of both.

*looks around*
Hey, isn't it a violation of interweb gun-forum protocol to post about a new pistol and NOT have pictures ?

Hmmmmmm ? [thinking]

Well, I will either save him, or futher violate protocol. Mine showed up today!! It was a Handpick. I have to spend the $10 or TT89 give me heck when I don't like it after. This one I like!!! it is a June 1985. I dont know how a Walther gets to be C&R before it's 50yrs old? I understand the CZ 82 is because the country is gone and its a curio. Why this one? because the model is over 50 years? -inquiring minds want to know!
This one is so nice, it makes me want to buy another one. I wish!

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

It was a Handpick. I have to spend the $10 or TT89 give me heck when I don't like it after. This one I like!!! it is a June 1985.

I have a Russian Capture P38 so I really wasn't going to buy one, but after seeing the pictures they are really nice. I just noticed they took the HP option off the website.

As much as I would like one I'm still waiting for a decent K98 and an Israeli Mauser to show up. I'll try to restrain....

Last edited:
Just curious, how much are these runing for in the U.S. - or MA, for that matter ?

The prices are all over the spectrum. Some sellers think they are the same as the wartime versions and others price them accordingly. The realistic going price is $250-$400. The last P1 I bought was an unissued 1980 for $225 that was a few months ago. If I see one that is descent fo the right price I pick it up but maninly concentrate on wartime models.

The prices are all over the spectrum. Some sellers think they are the same as the wartime versions and others price them accordingly. The realistic going price is $250-$400. The last P1 I bought was an unissued 1980 for $225 that was a few months ago. If I see one that is descent fo the right price I pick it up but maninly concentrate on wartime models.

$225, That is significantly better than what I just paid via C&R Juergen, as I am not sure of the rules on listing a price as it might pertain directly to dealers I will PM you what I paid. I dont know if my dealer ships to mass so I wont do anything to single them out. Pardon my paranoia but I want to make sure I protect my friends on the other side of the iron curtain.

Just curious, how much are these runing for in the U.S. - or MA, for that matter ?

With shipping and all, just under $350. Not exactly cheap and if more pop up I expect to see more distributors start selling them and the prices to drop a little. Years ago when they first came out they could be had for a hundred dollars less.

Oddly enough I saw someone bring one in to a local shop a month or so ago to sell on consignment.

One thing is for sure, it won't be long before they're all over the auction sites and labeled as C&R regarding the FFL info.

What is the postwar history on these things? Were they used by West German police or just a civilian sold gun?

They were used predominantly by the German Army (Bundeswehr), some police forces (i.e. Berlin, IIRC those
were made by Manurhin/France) and were sold civilian, too.

I'm in the boat with daltrey99 here, concentration on the wartime issues and occasional post-war models,
when they fly by cheaply. Still looking for a post-war steel framed one; they made a batch in the 80's IIRC.

They were used predominantly by the German Army (Bundeswehr), some police forces (i.e. Berlin, IIRC those
were made by Manurhin/France) and were sold civilian, too.

I'm in the boat with daltrey99 here, concentration on the wartime issues and occasional post-war models,
when they fly by cheaply. Still looking for a post-war steel framed one; they made a batch in the 80's IIRC.

Yes. the 50 year anniversary models have steel frames.

I'm trying to find some documentation that shows the ATF approved these things for C&R sale and I can't find anything. Does anyone have a link or any kind of 1st hand knowledge? Of course the ATF site is 7 months out of date on C&R lists....

I need to keep up on my C&R knowledge I guess. I had no idea the P1 was eligible. But then again they just became so last month?

A few years ago I bought an all-matching 1943 P38 in excellant condition for $500. I think that was a pretty decent price.

I need to keep up on my C&R knowledge I guess. I had no idea the P1 was eligible. But then again they just became so last month?

A few years ago I bought an all-matching 1943 P38 in excellant condition for $500. I think that was a pretty decent price.

$500 is a pretty good deal.

Back
Top Bottom