• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart Shooting: Retribution Is Not Self-Defense

Reptile

NES Member
By Attorney Andrew Branca / July 10, 2019
Today’s post is about a Pennsylvania woman who, as reported in a headline, “Drew [Her] Weapon After Being Jumped From Behind,” and ended up charged with attempted homicide and aggravated assault., crimes carry sentences of up to 40 years and 20 years in prison, respectively.

Want to learn how what sounds like self-defense resulted in charges carrying decades in prison? At the same, time want to take yet another step along your journey to being hard to convict? Stand by!

Walmart Shooting: Retribution Is Not Self-Defense – Law of Self Defense

This is a great example of what not to do while being armed and getting attacked.
Andrew explains all the failure points of this situation NOT being legal self defense.
Shooter will be going to prison for a while. Probably.

EDIT:

The blog post above has been moved to the members section of Andrew Branca's website. It is no longer available for free.

Last edited:
She needs to get some face tats, an EBT card and join a gang ASAP, that’ll ensure that she walks.

I apply the standard of what would be the legitimate response if an law enforcement officer was jumped from behind by two dudes.
They are getting their ass shot.
There is one standard or no standards.
That and , don't start nothing, there won't be nothing .

I apply the standard of what would be the legitimate response if an law enforcement officer was jumped from behind by two dudes.

If you shoot after the threat is over, you will likely find yourself in jail for a very long time. I want to win both the fight and the legal fight afterwards.

While true, it's best to only apply that standard as a member of a jury.

If you shoot after the threat is over, you will likely find yourself in jail for a very long time. I want to win both the fight and the legal fight afterwards.
Unless you're a cop in Costco and you're "attacked" and knocked unconscious to the ground by a mentally challenged man and his geriatric parents, while carrying your child, who is miraculously (thanks to your cat-like reflexes honed by years on the job?) unhurt. In which case killing said mentally challenged man and gravely injuring his geriatric parents is perfectly ok.

Unless you're a cop in Costco and you're "attacked" and knocked unconscious to the ground by a mentally challenged man and his geriatric parents, while carrying your child, who is miraculously (thanks to your cat-like reflexes honed by years on the job?) unhurt. In which case killing said mentally challenged man and gravely injuring his geriatric parents is perfectly ok.

She should have sprung for First Class Citizenship. The benefits pay for themselves.

Funny how Walmart immediately has video of a person-on-person shooting available yet Costco still hasn't produced cop-on-person video involving a fatality. And no, I don't think public showing is in good taste, but I haven't yet seen a report that the video exists.

Sorry about that...

Andrew Branca posts material on his blog that if free for everybody. After a while, older material gets placed into the members section.

Self-defense at issue in shooting at North Versailles Walmart | TribLIVE.com

The unidentified women ran in separate directions. Alston fired at least four shots at one of them and then walked down an aisle and fired at the other, hitting her in the leg and hand, according to a criminal complaint. Police said they used Walmart’s surveillance video to piece together what happened.

she's screwed

Funny how Walmart immediately has video of a person-on-person shooting available yet Costco still hasn't produced cop-on-person video involving a fatality.

Yeah - you hear a lot about a lawyer asking an immediate subpoena for video of an officer-involved shooting and much, much later it's gone missing...

You can rest assured that Walmart and the Mall's have your security and safety in mind, and their thoughts and prayers will be with you if your killed on their property. So wear your level four vest and plates when shopping. They give new meaning to "Buyer Beware"

Walmart (WMT) CEO Doug McMillon said the retailer will be “thoughtful and deliberate” in its responses following the mass shootings and the renewed debate around gun violence.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXCTibKZhxk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom