Walls of Steel 2013

Well, the match starts tomorrow morning and runs through Sunday. Good luck to all of the competitors and make sure to thank the RO's and all of the other workers who help put on this wonderful match.
This is always my favorite match of the season and it kills me to say that I cannot shoot it this year due to a shattered right ankle. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/off-topic/218910-funny-story-i-just-had-share.html

I'm certain that those of you going will enjoy it!

I just sent an email to Bob P asking if there were two slots open on any squad sat or sun, anyone know?

I have a buddy who wants to shoot and I wouldn't mind going a second time through :)

Just about to head out this morning -- found some old (2005) Speer Lawman 124gr CleanFire 9mm. Price tags from Four Seasons says "$7.95", but I'm sure I paid less for a 50-rnd box at the time. Gonna' see if it still runs (built-in alibi). [rofl]

Stay safe y'all,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

My first time shooting this match. Nicely run! Hard not to want to go back once your shoot it. I thought it was a good combination of small and large targets. Picked up on a lot to improve next year and will sign up for two guns next time. Was pretty happy with 3 of 6 stages. Thanks for putting on a great match!

Ditto to what Dive Hunter said! I had a blast this morning and also have several things to work on :)

I just sent an email to Bob P asking if there were two slots open on any squad sat or sun, anyone know?

I have a buddy who wants to shoot and I wouldn't mind going a second time through :)

We have slots open or we will make them available. All are welcome! You'll have better luck coming down Saturday.

Jim

Last edited:
Great match! I shot like crap: way too many extra shots. I should have slowed down.

I still can't count to 10: I kept going to slide lock. [thinking] My M&P40 Pro doesn't slam release nearly as reliably as my 9Pro. I think I'll shoot the STI Spartan 9mm at mini-walls in the fall.

Great food too: I recommend the sausage with onion and peppers, no bun.

Great time today aside from my malfunctioning cmore. Weather was wonderful and folks were even better. Thank you to all the RO's making the match run smooth. Thank you Jim for all your hard work to make this happen, we'll maybe not in this picture
4yvezehu.jpg

Thanks to all the ROs and Staff that put on this match. A special thanks to Jim for the perfect shooting weather all weekend.
I, as well as all of my squad, had a wonderful time. And to top it off, I shot a personal best for the match.
See you all in September for Mini Walls.

What Bill said! Awesome day and awesome stages! Thank you so much Jim and crew for doing what you do so we can have fun and shoot at stuff. Very, very little stuff but.......

I didn't break any records but I was actually pleased with my performance this year!

Another "Thank You" from me also, thanks to Jim and Bobby and all the other names I can't remember that helped out at the WoS.
This years was a great match for weather and targets, the new 'front to back' racks were pretty cool. Stage 4 with the old
pin tables brought back some memories. 180 targets and I had enough ammo to finish, that's a good match [smile]

Prelim results are up at http://wallsofsteel.com/results.html

We would like to thank everyone who participated. A special thanks goes out to the R.O's and the folks who helped with everything else like setup and breakdown and grass cutting and welding and trash and there is really too much to list. Without the shooters though it would just be a lot of work for nothing.

Please check your results and email me if there any discrepancies. [email protected]

Thanks again. The final results will be posted soon with payouts and hope to see you on September 29th for the Mini Walls of Steel.

Jim

Jim and Crew,
Another well run "Walls of Steel" - every year this gets better and better..
Thanks for all your hard work making this happen.
Hope to make the Mini Walls in September.

Congratulations to Bobby D. He placed about 35 in auto.....Except he was shooting a Revolver. Wheel guns RULE.
Of course I'm biased and certifiable. ........Still a great job.

Wish I could have made it this year.

Sidematch prelim results are up as well as raffle winners.

We still need to draw for the two guns donated by our match sponsor Guns & Gear.

I'll let everyone know when that has been drawn and we should have final results with payouts soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Jim

Final results are up with payouts.

Congratulations to all of this year's winners!

It was a great match with some new and interesting targets.

See you this Sunday for Mini Walls.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom