• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wall hangers

MAGA99

NES Member
I generally try to take pretty good care of my firearms. My whole home has central air (A/C and propane forced hot air). I also heat with pellet in the great room and wood stove in basement heats whole house when it’s real cold outside.

I’ve been considering having a few wall hangers for a while now. They would be in a big vaulted ceiling room where the pellet stove cranks (when it’s below 35f outside) and A/C in summer. I don’t just want to throw a beater up on the wall, I’m talking something decent, like nice older wooden stocked bolt action and/or an AR.

I don’t keep all guns in a safe, but they stay well lived and in a favorable environment with extra precautions. I don’t currently have any hanging on the wall. What problems might I run into?? What if I don’t touch it for a year, should I worry about rust?? My house stays prettt darn
Dry year round with above mentioned climate controls. Other than some dust, should I be worried?

Whatever you put up there, just take it down 1-2 times per year and give it a bit of attention. Wipe down the exposed metal parts and swab the bore once. Put a drip of oil on your finger and rub it around where you can see. It’ll outlive you with just that attention.

Back
Top Bottom