Vise block gap... usable?

Just bought a set of upper and lower vise blocks. Lower one works fine. Upper blocks don't come together fully, has a gap when upper is inside.
Contacted seller, they sent me a replacement and it had the exact same issue.

Acceptable? Usable?

K3a9r1Ml.jpg

VIKXLDVl.jpg

Can't tun it around, it only fits one way due to the relief for the front pivot hole. I think it might be the extra thick/wide base on the rail... it's a DI upper.

Really don't want to spend $50 for something I'll use once or twice.

Just put it in your vice and squeeze it shut. It looks fine to me. They're designed to have a little gap there so when you put it in your vice there will be room for the plastic to mold around the upper and hold it tightly.

Last edited:
Can't tun it around, it only fits one way due to the relief for the front pivot hole. I think it might be the extra thick/wide base on the rail... it's a DI upper.

Really don't want to spend $50 for something I'll use once or twice.

Do you mean Direct Impingment? If so did you buy some sort of other vise block.
You really should not be paying 50$ for a vise block.
You can borrow mine. Give me a 50$ deposit and when your done I will refund you your deposit.

If you have a billet upper it may not fit square. Mine will not fit my billet upper BUT fits plenty good enough

Last edited:
Do you mean Direct Impingment? If so did you buy some sort of other vise block.
You really should not be paying 50$ for a vise block.
You can borrow mine. Give me a 50$ deposit and when your done I will refund you your deposit.

If you have a billet upper it may not fit square. Mine will not fit my billet upper BUT fits plenty good enough

Not Direct Impingement, Damage Industries upper. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll give it a try this weekend. Fingers crossed that nothing explodes.

Back
Top Bottom