Virginia to shut down all gun ranges not run by the state!

I was quoting Snora. Why are you running two different accounts in NES? Extra trolling accounts?
Did you already have an account banned and decided to make multiples to respond to your own drivel? I don’t get it. Please explain.
Ok, my bad, was posting in between other stuff and guess I wasn’t paying attention. I wasn’t aware I was running two accounts. First Ive heard of it.
What’s my other one?

They may end up with some extra shooting ranges trying to pull this BS.

Actually, one person or more. Is that not exactly what this bill does? It's so narrowly tailored that the victim can show he is targeted although not explicitly named.

Wow, talk about running.

These guys just got voted in and are trying to destroy the State overnight.

It is probably a good thing they are going all out, it might make it easier to strike down as opposed to taking small pieces throughout the years without people noticing or caring too much.

Virginia *proposes a bill* to shut down all *indoor* gun ranges not run by the state *unless the owner logs everyone's IDs*!
Look at the big picture, focus on the long term. It starts with the owner logging everyone. Then next year what will they do? - maybe logging every caliber and how many rounds each person fired? - then after that maybe putting a limit of once per month visit to the range? ...

Before you know it, the cancer will spread from what looks like a fairly insignificant small dot and by that time it will be too late.

I was quoting Snora. Why are you running two different accounts in NES? Extra trolling accounts?
Did you already have an account banned and decided to make multiples to respond to your own drivel? I don’t get it. Please explain.

never mind. I get it. Dan-o is your green member purchase account and snora is your throw away account. Makes sense.

That's how it looked to me too, but maybe Dan-o just wasn't paying attention.

Dem's gonna go full retard.[frown]

Like every legislature doesn't have someone on one side of the aisle or the other going FR. Stuff like this comes up all the time. Some loon drafts a bill just'b'cuz. It won't get to a vote. It won't get out of committee. Don't lose sight of the real battles. This is the QUINTESSENTIAL definition of a red herring.

You know what drives me up a wall beyond what the dims are doing in VA. It is the fact that if the republicans took the gov and both houses, they absolutely would not be acting this fast and in concert to repeal gun laws. Who actually represent us? Very few.

You know what drives me up a wall beyond what the dims are doing in VA. It is the fact that if the republicans took the gov and both houses, they absolutely would not be acting this fast and in concert to repeal gun laws. Who actually represent us? Very few.
May sound corny but we represent us and that’s the way it outta be.

HOUSE BILL NO. 567

Offered January 8, 2020

Prefiled January 6, 2020

A BILL to amend the Code of Virginia by adding in Article 3 of Chapter 12 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-511.2, relating to indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or federal government; exceptions; civil penalty.

---------- Patron-- Helmer

---------- Committee Referral Pending

---------- Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That the Code of Virginia is amended by adding in Article 3 of Chapter 12 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-511.2 as follows:

§ 18.2-511.2. Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in private buildings; exceptions; penalty.

A. As used in this section, "indoor shooting range" means any fully enclosed or indoor area or facility designed for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, or black powder or any other similar sport shooting.

B. It is unlawful to operate an indoor shooting range in any building not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or the federal government unless (i) fewer than 50 employees work in the building or (ii) (a) at least 90 percent of the users of the indoor shooting range are law-enforcement officers, as defined in § 9.1-101, or federal law-enforcement officers, (b) the indoor shooting range maintains a log of each user's name, phone number, address, and the law-enforcement agency where such user is employed, and (c) the indoor shooting range verifies each user's identity and address by requiring all users to present a government-issued photo-identification card.

C. Any person that violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation thereafter.

//////////////////////////////

So if your range has fewer than 50 employees "in the building" you are not impacted. If >90% of the range users are LEO, then you ar good to go if you log their identities and LEO affiliation. The NRA range in Fairfax would need to shut down, or get 90% LEO use.

https://nrahqrange.nra.org/

This would also impact a firearms manufacturer or ammo factory with a test/research range.

Ummmmmmm. . . . .hmmmmmmm. . . . . . . well, things don't work that way. This is NOT a bill they expect to pass. It's just a pile of BS they throw on the wall. Sort of like threatening to impeach Obama or request his birth certificate (despite being borned of a US citizen MAKES you a US citizen). The Right does just as many stupid-ass things as the Left. Know where their efforts really are and concentrate your letter-and-check-writing to those areas.

Write letters? Write CHECKS????? Who does that??? (It's supposed to be us.)

Which you're totally fine with. We get it. Why do you hang out on a gun forum?

I think he was only trying to point out that the OPs post was hyperbole laden in its composition. He wasn't trying to lessen the bad-ness of it.

The problem when people spin/lie, nobody who is on the fence about anything will take them seriously. I don't think he's disputing that it's still some kind of cancer.

-Mike

Wait, we went from:

"Virginia to shut down all gun ranges not run by the state!"

to
Virginia *proposes a bill* to shut down all *indoor* gun ranges not run by the state *unless the owner logs everyone's IDs*!

Over-hype much?

In other words, it went from something pretty bad as a done deal, to something which has a lot of conditions that is only a proposal and not even a "thing" yet.

Back
Top Bottom