Vietnam War hero sentenced to 7 years for decades-old rifle purchase

Do you or do you not break some laws on a daily basis, such as my examples earlier? At the very least answer this: do you think that we must blindly obey any and all laws, no matter how minor or if we consider them unconstitutional?

This conversation isn't about stolen property because he was not charged with possession of stolen property. You're desperately trying to hide the fact that you're a statist and a Fudd by making up unrelated topics. My guess is that you're once again going to not answer my questions.
Has a picture of and named his profile after A communist and calls others statists[rofl]. I know this is shocking to you anarchist types but Some of us don’t go around deciding what laws to or not to follow. I’d rather work on changing the laws I don’t like. Call me crazy but just letting everyone decide what laws they will and will not follow may have negative consequences down the road. I know I know statist!

Last edited:
Has a picture of and named his profile after A communist and calls others statists[rofl]. I know this is shocking to you anarchist types but Some of us don’t go around deciding what laws to or not to follow. I’d rather work on changing the laws I don’t like. Call me crazy but just letting everyone decide what laws they will and will not follow may have negative consequences down the road. I know I know statist!
Yes you do you just won't admit it. We all do.

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Tanstaafl!
Schmidt happens.
Why yes I'm a nationalist.

I'n no fan of the NFA, to be sure, but let's not canonize this guy just yet.

Check out this article:

There's a shitload more to this than an old vet with an illegal M14. To wit:

If this is true then there's a lot more than a stupid NFA violation, but this might be a palm off job... ATF gets a free bs "prosecution trophy" before he gets whacked by someone else, etc... dog and pony show deal at taxpayer expense.

-Mike

Who’s gun is it?
Who knows? It has an obliterated serial #. Wonder why?
If they were really, really trying to jack the guy up
they would have tried the Dick Tracy Crimestoppers Textbook "raise the digits with acid" trick,
just in case it matched inventory reported as either stolen or scrapped.

But they were at least really trying to jack the guy up (<- that's just one "really")
because part of the sentence enhancement allegedly stems
from him not just having an unlicensed NFA item,
as well as having a gun with obliterated serial number,
but also for being a fourteenfold-pothead/coke-fiend FPP in possession
(because he owned a total of 14 guns).

Maybe they figured one "really" sufficed.
Or maybe the acid trick ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Or maybe the gun was proven to not be stolen.

I wonder if it was the harassment of VA staff that sparked this as a Federal case?
Did he make ultraviolent threats to an MD ?
Or is it just that prosecutors don't play games in Texas?

Because stop me if I'm wrong, but at least in New England we don't see a lot of
anecdotes about Federal prosecutions for almost any of this stuff.

In Massachusetts, crimalien MS-13 gang-bangers could do most of this stuff
and the state would not only release them on their own recognizance,
but they would go out of their way not to refer to the Feds for bonus charges.

I decide what laws I will follow....every single day and that list is small.

Precisely as I predicted, you can't answer a simple yes-or-no question. I'll stop asking now, clearly you can't handle this.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Somehow a firearm that goes.pow,pow.pow,pow with one pull of the trigger is more dangerous than one that must have it's trigger pull for each shot?[rofl]

What a crock of shite![slap]

It's accurate shot placement that counts! Misses only waste valuable ammo and time to reacquire targets!

Oh boy, the BATF says so..

But these clowns refuse to give hefty prison terms to those that intend to use such weapons to actually cause mass casualties!

2nd Amendment..Look it up and you will see that such charges are null and void!

Murder is still against the law in every land!

This man was sent by his govt. to fight for his country.
Yet, some here say that doesn't matter.

He gave of his innocence and youth.
Has seen good friends die for a people.
A people that most of which would rather live under someone's rule than fight for their very own freedom!

Shame on those that value such sacrifice as nothing!

Shame on a govt. that forsakes the very constitution that was created to guarantee such rights of it's people!

The BATF is against "OUR" very constitution.

You don't think those patriots of long ago owned arms considered equal to those of the British military of those times?

You don't think they made beer and other alcoholic beverages the same as we enjoy today?

But without taxation or even able to produce such for our own enjoyment!

Without combat vets we would all be under someone else's rule!

To those on this forum that say it shouldn't matter..Shame on you!

Last edited:
Lex iniusta non est lex
However it’s not. We the people or at least some liberals have lawfully Instituted said laws through our freely elected legislators. And SCOTUS has upheld it. I don’t like it, you don’t like, but it is lawful until we win the argument and change it.

However it’s not. We the people or at least some liberals have lawfully Instituted said laws through our freely elected legislators. And SCOTUS has upheld it. I don’t like it, you don’t like, but it is lawful until we win the argument and change it.
Japanese internment was also the law and upheld by SCOTUS.

Somehow a firearm that goes.pow,pow.pow,pow with one pull of the trigger is more dangerous than one that must have it's trigger pull for each shot?[rofl]

What a crock of shite![slap]

It's accurate shot placement that counts! Misses only waste valuable ammo and time to reacquire targets!

Oh boy, the BATF says so..

But these clowns refuse to give hefty prison terms to those that intend to use such weapons to actually cause mass casualties!

2nd Amendment..Look it up and you will see that such charges are null and void!

Murder is still against the law in every land!

This man was sent by his govt. to fight for his country.
Yet, some here say that doesn't matter.

He gave of his innocence and youth.
Has seen good friends die for a people.
A people that most of which would rather live under someone's rule than fight for their very own freedom!

Shame on those that value such sacrifice as nothing!

Shame on a govt. that forsakes the very constitution that was created to guarantee such rights of it's people!

The BATF is against "OUR" very constitution.

You don't think those patriots of long ago owned arms considered equal to those of the British military of those times?

You don't think they made beer and other alcoholic beverages the same as we enjoy today?

But without taxation or even able to produce such for our own enjoyment!

Without combat vets we would all be under someone else's rule!

To those on this forum that say it shouldn't matter..Shame on you!
I think you know no one here means it that way. His service would weight heavily on my mind during time of sentencing and hopefully will with his judge, But if we across-the-board told all vets they can pick and choose what laws they want to obey and which ones they do not we would have millions of people running around doing whatever the hell they want to.

For me it’s not a gun thing so much as it is as the great one once said “ what we have here is a total lack of respect for the law!” And he obviously has a stolen gun ,charged or not for it yet.

I call bullshit on the guy's story that he bought it at a "gun show." I hate it when I see dealers selling FA rifles over the counter with "scratched off" serial numbers at those gun shows. Must be that "Gun Show Loophole".
You would be surprised what dealers do. Years ago at the Barre (VT) Gun Show there was a dealer from NY selling FAL-style rifles. They were set up in a complete "AWB" configuration (bayonet lugs, yada, yada) and the dealer was claiming that they were pre-ban. Only problem was, the receiver was one that was not even imported until after the '94 ban. So, he was setting up some unwitting customer for a hard fall. (Not to mention that he wasn't just "taking orders" but willing to sell the firearms out of state from his licensed location).

Why this thread is still going on? The original report left out a ton of information that would have put the sentence, which, BTW, was agreed to by the defendant and his attorney, in perspective. If the only thing relevant to the sentence were the facts of the NFA violation, it might well have been a slap on the wrist. Who knows? But clearly, the sentence had a lot to do with the big picture with this guy. I guess if you're a conspiracy theorist, you hold on to your outrage by assuming they just made all that chit up. Well, maybe they did, but maybe this guy's fuse really was lit, and they just saved more than one life, including his.

You would be surprised what dealers do. Years ago at the Barre (VT) Gun Show there was a dealer from NY selling FAL-style rifles. They were set up in a complete "AWB" configuration (bayonet lugs, yada, yada) and the dealer was claiming that they were pre-ban. Only problem was, the receiver was one that was not even imported until after the '94 ban. So, he was setting up some unwitting customer for a hard fall. (Not to mention that he wasn't just "taking orders" but willing to sell the firearms out of state from his licensed location).
Far cry from selling a full auto, with an obliterated serial number. When a gang banger gets nabbed with a gun with the serial number ground off, do the same people here jump to his defense?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom