Veteran deals out justice, saving American flag. Atta boy!

I'm about to make myself really unpopular...

While I agree with his sentiment, what he did was little more than theft. It was not his property to take, nor was the Mexican flag his to destroy.

Now, having said that, I'd gladly buy him a beer (hell, a whole case). And were I the judge presiding over his trial, I'd fine him exactly one peso.

Then waive it.

While I agree with his sentiment, what he did was little more than theft. It was not his property to take, nor was the Mexican flag his to destroy.

Now, having said that, I'd gladly buy him a beer (hell, a whole case). And were I the judge presiding over his trial, I'd fine him exactly one peso.

Then waive it.

Nah, I thought the same thing. While I agree that it was the wrong thing to do, I wish that it wasn't and praise him for his actions.

I wish he didn't have to do it.

I wish the immigrants coming into this country would STAY THE f*** HOME if they want to keep their flag/language/etc.

My grandparents came here from Italy. They learned English. They flew the American flag. They would have no sooner flown the flag of Italy over the American flag than they would have dropped trou in church.

There was no English as a Second Language for my grandfather, and had you suggested it to him he'd have laughed in your face. He'd point out, quite rightly, that if you moved your stupid ass to Italy, you had damn well learn Italian right quick. Then he'd kick you in the ass for wasting his time...

That was great. He acted calm and cool which I think worked the best in his/our favor.

Reminds me of when I was a senior in high school and our flag in front of the school was frayed on the edges and faded. I brought it up to some teachers - nothing, Vice Principle - nothing, Principle - nothing. I was "being a smartass". That all changed when I showed one of the teachers who was a Vietnam vet. I explained that I wasn't trying to be a smartass but trying to show respect (Grandfathers, Uncle, Father all vets) for our country and the people who fought for it. Took about a week to get a nice new flag flying outside. Some people just don't get it.

Another flag story...a local italian restaurant had 3 flags on their building - American, Italian and one for their logo. It didn't "fly" for very long once someone pointed out (ie made a HUGE stink about) the logo flag on the highest mast with the American/Italian flags flying at equal height on either side of the "logo flag".

So what you are saying is that we should always wait for the government to take care of business, even after the government publicly declares that it won't. [rolleyes]

No, what I'm saying is that it's wrong to take property that does not belong to you, no matter how vehemently you may disagree with the circumstances.

Where did you ever get that I was advocating the government get involved?

What would you do if a guy with a knife as big as that was cutting your flag ropes?e

I think he displayed good common sense !

We need more people to do what that vet did.

Ya that reporter with the mic looked pretty intimadating.

I can't find the story, but a guy I work with who I sent this link to yesterday, said he saw the story today on the news, and they said they were pursuing charges against the guy who cut the flag down... [sad]

proabably hit him with a hate crime. they should pursue charges against the police department. That looked like a busy street and you can't tell me that not one cop or town official saw that flag flying as such. And because it's against the law they were derelect in their duties by failing to take action against the shop keeper.

Unbelievable!!!!!!

But, like The People's Court used to say...."Don't take the law into your own hands......

And because it's against the law they were derelict in their duties by failing to take action against the shop keeper.

It's not a state law. It is in the Federal code of how the flag should be flown and as such no state charges can be filed for the manner it which it was flying.

I wonder if the shopkeeper was advised that the manner the flag was flying was offensive to the residents and refused. If that was the case, fu*k him and cut it down. As the victim, the owner of the flag, which MIGHT be the business owner or building owner, is responsible for filing the complaint and charges. From what I saw in the video, nothing more than the removal of the flag itself.

I doubt he/she would want to go that far. The sh*tstorm that would follow would not be worth it. The public sediment towards this guy is overwhelmingly positive and I don't think it would help their business much.

It's not a state law. It is in the Federal code of how the flag should be flown and as such no state charges can be filed for the manner it which it was flying.

I wonder if the shopkeeper was advised that the manner the flag was flying was offensive to the residents and refused. If that was the case, fu*k him and cut it down. As the victim, the owner of the flag, which MIGHT be the business owner or building owner, is responsible for filing the complaint and charges. From what I saw in the video, nothing more than the removal of the flag itself.

I doubt he/she would want to go that far. The sh*tstorm that would follow would not be worth it. The public sediment towards this guy is overwhelmingly positive and I don't think it would help their business much.

Local law enforcement could have at least said something to him... :-(

We at Calguns.net were talking about this interesting item of news but then it seems someone in control didn't like the angle that the thread was leaning toward. The part that we (some of the board membership) has no tolerance for the illegal alien presence (IM One of those that wants all of the illegal Mexicans and any other race that crossed over illegally to be deported)

I dont mind what so ever the Mexicans that are here legally.

But have no tolerance for the criminals that have crossed illegally and want ALL of them removed from my country.

Here are a couple of pics that show my point of view

calflag.jpg

MEXCREMENT.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, my thought is that he should have put the American flag ABOVE the Mexican one and left it there rather than stealing the American flag... or just steal the Mexican one.

Yes, I did say "steal"; that's what you call taking someone else's property.

I'm glad that he did something; I just think that he could have made his point without giving the alien-lovers any possibility to claim wrong-doing on his part.

I just think that he could have made his point without giving the alien-lovers any possibility to claim wrong-doing on his part.

Who cares. If more and more people start disrespecting illegals like they disrespect America maybe they will think twice about coming here.

Stealing is still stealing, no matter how noble the cause.

And that goes double for when it's the .gov stealing my pay in the guise of taxes...

Who cares. If more and more people start disrespecting illegals like they disrespect America maybe they will think twice about coming here.

See it happens everywhere.

But at least there is a lot less of it here.

Maybe Ill abdicate to this gun board and leave the California Commies far behind.

Let them sit in their own mess that they refuse to clean up.

Too much acceptance, tolerance (I'm really getting sick of it.) out here someone toss me a lifeline.

Now a mod is telling me I cant hunt on my own land without a friggin license and cant invite friends to do the same.

That sucks! F$%K censorship!

I agree with you, Jay. Although I love and understand what this American did, I would have hated to been the one to respond to that call. The more honorable thing to do would have been to change the flags around. No one could have beefed about that and it would not have opened him up to be charged with anything.

I support this guy and what he did 100%

Mexicans illegally invading this country has the full support of the US federal government. College campuses receiving federal money now welcome Mexican groups who openly call for violence against Americans.

Although what this guy did may have technically violated the law his actions are not unlike what Americans did in the years leading up to the American Revolution. Among other things Colonists broke windows of businesses whose owners supported the British law forbidding glass to be manufactured in the Colonies. They ran many other business owners out of town and ransacked their homes for supporting laws that were unfair to the Colonies. They spread tar and feathers on some of the worst loyalists which caused severe injuries including blindness.

Some of you might refer to these Colonists as law breakers. I call them Patriots.

I call the Vet in this video a Patriot. I hope his actions catch on.

Back
Top Bottom