Very cool exp with MA State Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Statie asked for the OP's LTC, then he was being an ass.

It sounds like the range allows non-member cops to use it, apparently as a courtesy, and presumably from a "professional competency"standpoint. So, the Statie was there to sight in his hunting gun, and decided to act like an ass, just 'cause he could.

It's bad when ten people have to jump in and clarify what the OP meant. I admit I had trouble understanding the story, and I'm still not totally sure who asked to see the LTC.

The state trooper asked to see the OP's LTC after he got there, and I am assuming it was in a joking manner and without any of us being there, we can't see exactly how he asked it but since he burst out laughing afterwards, that's how I interpreted it.

With all due respect to the LEO's on the board, the best experience with MSP is no experience with MSP at least when it comes to their official capacity.

I'm not anti-cop, but it seems like the statie thought he just had a right to use the range just due to being a cop. He then tried throwing his weight around by asking if OP was carrying and to see his LTC. OP didn't take his shit and statie backed down. Not really a good encounter.

If you read the OP's post, LEO's are welcome there and don't need to be members. Doesn't sound like he was "throwing his weight around", sounds like he was busting his balls.

The people on this site are so quick to cop bash that you do not know how to read. The original OP says First the Trooper appologized for showing up in uniform and his cruiser. Second he says they shot a little and chatted. Then he tells the Trooper the story of the douche he just threw out. Then the Trooper with a serious face says were you harmed he says no and the Trooper asked to see his LTC and then he tells the Trooper to F OFF and he starts laughing. Sounds like a joke to me. Also he stated his club lets LEO shoot there with no membership. Some of you really need to get a grip.

I read the OP shortly after it was posted and STILL remember what went down, almost to the letter. It was very clear to me what happened, and what the OP was trying to say. How this story got so convoluted in the minds of so many is beyond me. I'll refer you to the "alternate" Acme giveaway thread, as another example.

Wow this got misunderstood by so many. Sorry if I did not explain this 100%.

The guy who was kicked out of range was not involved in any way with the Trooper. The trooper showed up with another club member and was not using his status of LEO in any way. It was just kinda fun and I thought I would share. Sorry to those who did not understand it.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom