Very cool exp with MA State Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of posts get thrown here about negative exp with Troopers and police in general so after a very fun exp today I take keyboard to hand.

I was at my local range today meeting a non member of my club so he could get a few slugs off in his shotgun and make sure it was still inline. My buddy was already there when I arrived and let me know that a guy was shooting and was kinda rude when he walked down proclaiming something along the lines of " I am using the range you need to wait" Well being on the club range board I decided to inquire why he needed the range by himself while we waited.

I walk down to shoot house and indeed this guy proclaimed to me the same thing. Being pretty active in my club and basically knowing 99% of all members and not ever rememering seeing this guy before I asked if he was a member. His response was no but I have permission from the President of the club. I informed him right away that he needed to pack his stuff up and move on. (We do not allow non members in any capacity unless they are LEO of which we allow them access if they need it)

Dude started a squack with me but I held strong and informed him to get out the property or I will contact local police to have him arrested for trespassing ( I have no tolernece for freeloaders). He submitted and went on his way but not after calling me a few names that I will leave to your imagination.

In any case now me and my guest are now on range and after about 15 min's a State Police cruiser pulls in as well as another vehicle. I thought to myself well this could get interesting. Trooper gets out of his car and his freind got out and made thier was down range. They get to the shoot house and give the normal hello's and such and I admit i was a bit confused. So being the direct head on person I am I ask flat out what exactly the State Police is here for?

He says to take a few shots with my slug gun and make sure its on target. He states he just got off and apologizes for coming in his cruiser and in uniform. So all is fine in my mind and all of us just chatted a bit while people took shots and made adjustments. So at some point I explain the previous dude that I just kicked out (Guy claimed he was a local constable) and I thought he may have been dispatched here. He in a very serious face and tone asked if I was armed. I replied yes in fact I am...He said can I see your license and LTC. I said go F yourself and he flat out busted out laughing. He explained to me that he was in 100% favor of more armed people and etc. He said he was also a instructor in tactical combat (not exactly what he said but you get the drift) he then asked if I wanted to go through some of the drills they use..im like HELL YA. We went though a number of fairly difficult experiences that I had never thought of (he said I would pass with flying colors) and ended the encounter with a handshake and a happy holidays ending.

All in all the guy was just a regualr guy that I meet and shoot with every time I am at the range. He also gave me some solid suggestions on carry and how to handle certain situations that may require deadly force.

Bottom line to all the cop haters out there. A lot of them are just like me and you. I suspect more often then not.

Have a great Turkey day folks.

Last edited:
Awesome to hear, my old man was a state trooper for 18 years, way back in the day. may he rest in peace. It's a bit harder now with the Boston cops and the State Police combined. You got a good one, I hope there's more. At my old mans wake, the head of "d" troop (norwell) mentioned that he was trained by my dad and knowing the old man, they are probably giving out free watermelon from over turned trucks to all the kids they see...

There are some out there like that. It's too bad the d-bags ruin it for everybody.

Agreed. I've known a few staties over my short years as an adult and they all have been very kind. It just takes one dick for everyone to paint them all with a broad brush.

I do not get it. So a guy is trespassing on your property after work because he wants to play with his shotgun. Then he turns into a douchebag by asking you for LTC. When he is told to remember his place and realizes he is about to be kicked out – he starts to suck up to you by teaching you some tricks. And this is the best example of a “nice” cop you could come up with. Man… that is just sad.

I do not get it. So a guy is trespassing on your property after work because he wants to play with his shotgun. Then he turns into a douchebag by asking you for LTC. When he is told to remember his place and realizes he is about to be kicked out – he starts to suck up to you by teaching you some tricks. And this is the best example of a “nice” cop you could come up with. Man… that is just sad.

....Reread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....Reread

Which part?

“Being pretty active in my club and basically knowing 99% of all members…” “He [cop] says to take a few shots with my slug gun and make sure its on target. He states he just got off and apologizes for coming in his cruiser and in uniform.” = a non-member trespasses after work to play with his shotgun.

“He [cop] said can I see your license and LTC.” = douchebag.

“I said go F yourself and he flat out busted out laughing.” = if he continued to be a douchebag he’d be told to leave the property. So he played Mr nice guy.

Yes, # 1 and 3 is made under assumption the cop is a non-member. No assumption needed for #2. Somehow I doubt OP asked him to see his FID or LTC.

That was the hardest thing to follow. I still don't get what went down.

This. I don't get the relevance of

My buddy was already there when I arrived and let me know that a guy was shooting and was kinda rude when he walked down proclaiming something along the lines of " I am using the range you need to wait" Well being on the club range board I decided to inquire why he needed the range by himself while we waited.
Dude started a squack with me but I held strong and informed him to get out the property or I will contact local police to have him arrested for trespassing ( I have no tolernece for freeloaders). He submitted and went on his way but not after calling me a few names that I will leave to your imagination.

if that first guy had nothing to do with the cop. Did the guy call the statie? I am missing something.

Two different conversations with 2 different people, from what I get from reading it. First one is someone who should not be there, the second a trooper that was a gun guy. Get it.

This reads like a Playboy Adviser column where you are left wondering about its veracity. I am sorry, I read it several times and can't follow it. What are you trying to say? Was the guy who was trespassing also the State Trooper? Was the trespasser the "State Trooper's friend?" Did the trespasser call the State Trooper to check you out? Are they two unrelated stories? Did you meet him today, or do you meet and shoot with him every time you are at the range?

Cliff Notes: OP shows up to shoot a shotgun with a non-member. When they arrive, another guy is already there being a douche nugget and isn't a member of the club. OP tells him to GTFO or I'm calling the SWAT team. Freeloader agrees to peace out and OP and guest go back to shooting. Statie shows up and is like, yo whattup guys, I showed up in uniform with my blues and sirens on (not really). OP is curious who the guy is and was suspecting that the statie showed up because OP kicked out trespasser. Insert conversation with statie jokingly busting OP's balls about LTC and license.

The end.

Last edited:
I'm not anti-cop, but it seems like the statie thought he just had a right to use the range just due to being a cop. He then tried throwing his weight around by asking if OP was carrying and to see his LTC. OP didn't take his shit and statie backed down. Not really a good encounter.

This story needs Perry Mason to figure it out. JK
I believe the Trooper asked in a way the OP knew he was joking about the LTC request, hence the reply. I'll bet if the Trooper pulled over someone and found out the person had a handgun he would ask for the LTC and would not like the same answer if it were given.

A lot of them are just like me and you. I suspect more often then not.

I agree..minus the holier than thou attitude,entitlement mentality,not adhering to commoner laws,going to any gun club they want for free..ya,they are just like me and you !

You know things are f'd up when a "good cop story" is about not getting arrested when you didn't do a damn thing wrong.

I want to hear about someone blazing down 495 in the middle of the night at 160 mph in a Shelby GT 500,getting pulled over and not getting a ticket.

A lot of posts get thrown here about negative exp with Troopers and police in general so after a very fun exp today I take keyboard to hand.

I was at my local range today meeting a non member of my club so he could get a few slugs off in his shotgun and make sure it was still inline. My buddy was already there when I arrived and let me know that a guy was shooting and was kinda rude when he walked down proclaiming something along the lines of " I am using the range you need to wait" Well being on the club range board I decided to inquire why he needed the range by himself while we waited.

[Douche nugget]

[[B]Intro to Statie[/B]]In any case now me and my guest are now on range and after about 15 min's a State Police cruiser pulls in as well as another vehicle. I thought to myself well this could get interesting. Trooper gets out of his car and his freind got out and made thier was down range. They get to the shoot house and give the normal hello's and such and I admit i was a bit confused. So being the direct head on person I am I ask flat out what exactly the State Police is here for?

[Conversation with said Statie] He says to take a few shots with my slug gun and make sure its on target. He states he just got off and apologizes for coming in his cruiser and in uniform. So all is fine in my mind and all of us just chatted a bit while people took shots and made adjustments. [Telling Statie what just went down]So at some point I explain the previous dude that I just kicked out (Guy claimed he was a local constable) and I thought he may have been dispatched here. [Story to Statieabout conversation with Douche nugget] He in a very serious face and tone asked if I was armed. I replied yes in fact I am...He said can I see your license and LTC. I said go F yourself [Statie response to tale of Douche Nugget]and he flat out busted out laughing.[Statie Inviting a brief training] He explained to me that he was in 100% favor of more armed people and etc. He said he was also a instructor in tactical combat (not exactly what he said but you get the drift) he then asked if I wanted to go through some of the drills they use..im like HELL YA. We went though a number of fairly difficult experiences that I had never thought of (he said I would pass with flying colors) and ended the encounter with a handshake and a happy holidays ending.

All in all the guy was just a regualr guy that I meet and shoot with every time I am at the range. He also gave me some solid suggestions on carry and how to handle certain situations that may require deadly force.

Bottom line to all the cop haters out there. A lot of them are just like me and you. I suspect more often then not.

I'll help clarify this for you guys. I'm a professional at deciphering.

Being 26 I have not had years of experience dealing with staties but the past few years haven't had any bad encounters and they have been cleaning up my town quite a bit lately and glad to see them around. +1 for the staties IMO. They deal with quite a bit of BS on a regular basis so those who run in to them with no ill intentions may receive an attitude at times but I'm sure it's not always intentional.

Good thing you didn't have your dog there with you. Statie wouldn't have been so nice then.

I would also like to know what would have happened if the Statie didn't back down, and continued asking to see his LTC??? Somehow I think someone would have been eating pavement, swat would have been called in, all neighborhood dogs would be shot, your kids would be killed, your wife made to turn tricks, and your houses burnt down.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Good thing you didn't have your dog there with you. Statie wouldn't have been so nice then.

I would also like to know what would have happened if the Statie didn't back down, and continued asking to see his LTC??? Somehow I think someone would have been eating pavement, swat would have been called in, all neighborhood dogs would be shot, your kids would be killed, your wife made to turn tricks, and your houses burnt down.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

The Statie wasn't asking for his LTC. The Douche Nugget was. He was telling the story to the Trooper.

reading comprehension fail

The Statie wasn't asking for his LTC. The Douche Nugget was. He was telling the story to the Trooper.

?? I think not. Seems everyone is interpreting the story same way I did. That the statie asked for LTC, not the 1st guy.

As related, the statie asked for his LTC. I don't know why. May be because he can or may be he wanted to make sure he was licensed before teaching him? To him, it was a positive encounter and that's good. :) Yiogo

I never had any problems with the state police but the city and town cops most of them are idiots and think you should bow to their presents even if you did nothing wrong . The state troopers that I had experience with where all ways help full and nice never met a bad one yet guess I'm just lucky . Happy Thanksgiving every body

Definitely some reading comprehension fail. I think the cop was just fukkin with the guy about the LTC. Good story.

no, I asked him for his LTC. [rofl][rofl]

OP - i think you should edit the post to "interesting range day"

Situation 1: douche nugget (i like that one, gonna use that in the future)

Situation 2: encounter with state trooper, what would you have done?

your story reads like an Algebra problem where 80% of the information is irrelevant. or even a Police Exam or Foreign Language test where they give you a passage to read and then you have to try and remember the stuff that matters for questions after. [laugh]

Oh Boy. [smile][rofl][laugh] I think few guys here did not "see" the trooper facial expression while he asked for a LTC

however on the subject:
In most cases we are on the same side, so I try to not make their life's more difficult.

I do not see how this was so hard to understand for most people after the first read.

Good that you met one of the nice guys. Too bad all of them can't be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom