Using a high end gun for self defense

What's the scoop on red dot optics on self defense guns? Will a jury of your peers see you as an operator out to kill?

I don't know but I'd wan't my lawyer to argue it was a a safety choice because that would be the reason to do it. Be a bit more certain of hitting only what you're aiming at. It seems a bit less jury fraught a mod than a trigger job or some macho posturing B.S. etched onto a back plate.

Down here in ga I'm seeing a lot of high end setups for self defense

Lot of staccatos and wilson combats specifically

I always thought you pretty much could kiss your gun goodbye if you use it in self defense no?

And then i was curious how many nes'rs run a high end self defense setup

Not knocking them i want a Wilson lol... just not sure id carry it

Who cares? The cost of the gun becomes noise in the wake of attorney costs. Not something I would lose sleep over. I carry glerks mostly but if I had a 3k handgun i trained with id carry that too without hesitation. 99% of us will go through life without having to touch the thing in self defense, thankfully.

I don't know but I'd wan't my lawyer to argue it was a a safety choice because that would be the reason to do it. Be a bit more certain of hitting only what you're aiming at. It seems a bit less jury fraught a mod than a trigger job or some macho posturing B.S. etched onto a back plate.
Guess so. Like the cop who executed Daniel Shaver and later found not guilty. This was the gun he used lol.

ff8d5dd5ce8a5a2d9ed088647431fad1_md.jpg

Down here in ga I'm seeing a lot of high end setups for self defense

Lot of staccatos and wilson combats specifically

I always thought you pretty much could kiss your gun goodbye if you use it in self defense no?

And then i was curious how many nes'rs run a high end self defense setup

Not knocking them i want a Wilson lol... just not sure id carry it
You're still thinking like a subject of the Commonwealth.

You're lucky you can breathe in the freedom....

That is the least of my worries if I have to use a gun in self defense.

If the worst that could happen to me is to lose a gun, I would tell the prosecutor to pick any gun from my collection.

High end / low end / middle ... I don't care. Reliability is #1 for me. #2 is how easy I can conceal it. #3 is making sure it doesn't have all sorts of junk everywhere that can get caught on something.

If the gun costs $300, so be it.
If it costs $1.5K, I am fine with that as well.

Handing over a firearm to 'the authorities'? Imagine the fun in court when they present 'Exhibit A'.

62eabf048a94b1163fa5074bb6e5d6a2577a0035feef9.jpg

[rofl] NFW would I be able to keep a straight face, so probably not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom