• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USA Poll: Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

I voted yes, but I don't want to hurt the self esteem of others who voted "no", so I have not posted my opinion that would reveal them as goobs.

90% yes
8% no
1% undecided
I'm guessing the other 1% is clueless?

The other 1% are the legitimately mentally incapacitated who are unable to feed or dress themselves let alone decide on issues of this magnitude. We need not worry about them, its the 12% commies that need to be hunted down and expelled from our shores, just like they did in the revolutionary war.

I don't get this comment from that page.

kemics wrote: 1d 21h ago
The second ammendment is out dated... When it was originally ratified most males had an arm, and were part of the military, that's how it was.

Now adays there is no need to have a gun, not with a police force... IMO

Since we now have fire departments we no longer need to keep fire extinguishers in our homes either ,Right?

I'm not sure if he's being serious or sarcastic. The fire extinguisher arguement is a good one though.

Eh.....

The second amendment is out dated... When it was originally ratified most males had an arm, and were part of the military, that's how it was.

Now adays there is no need to have a gun, not with a police force... IMO

Since we now have fire departments we no longer need to keep fire extinguishers in our homes either ,Right?

1) I keep a fire extinguisher in my home so that I can:
a) Get out if I need to be able to fight my way to a safe exit
b) Prevent a fire in my kitchen from going out of control
c) Prevent a worse fire in my basement workshop
d) SHTF and I need to put a fire out (Why? Because the fire department does not camp out at my home.)

2) I have multiple assorted firearms in my home so that I can:
a) Protect my family
b) Protect my family (Why? I do not have a 24x7x365 Police detail following me)
c) SHTF scenario, and I have to protect my family

The Golden Rule about Police: They are not obligated to protect you!
Citizens in various states have been unable to successfully sue over the following situations:

-When 911 systems have been shut down for maintenance
-When a known stalker kills someone
-When the police pull over but don’t arrest a drunk driver who runs over someone later that night
-When authorities know in advance of a plan to commit murder but do nothing to stop it
-When parole boards free violent psychotics, including child rapist-murderers
-When felons escape from prison and kill someone
-When houses burn down because the fire department didn’t respond promptly
-When children are beaten to death in foster homes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales

Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005), was a case decided by the Supreme Court of the United States, in which the court ruled, 7-2, that a town and its police department could not be sued under 42 U.S.C. §1983 for failing to enforce a restraining order, which had led to the murder of a woman's three children by her estranged husband.

So, you hope for the best and plan for the worst. You and you alone are the steward of your life, and don't let anyone tell you differently. If and when a crisis, should ever befall me, God forbid, I hope I can say that I was able to do everything I could to prevent harm to my family.

People just do not get it: The Second Amendment is the reason our country was founded. Do you think freedom of speech alone got us where we are today? Without firearms, we would be nothing.

IMHO, the Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment.

The other 1% are the legitimately mentally incapacitated who are unable to feed or dress themselves let alone decide on issues of this magnitude. We need not worry about them, its the 12% commies that need to be hunted down and expelled from our shores, just like they did in the revolutionary war.

If you think "commies" are the only threat to the Second Amendment, your grasp of the political spectrum is fatally flawed.

A 96% pro-individual interpretation vote is nice, but I think we all recognize that the results are obviously flawed, as are all these "self-selected" polls. (Hell, I set my browser to reject "cookies" and voted about 20 times myself.)

I'm curious what the public really thinks. Has anyone seen a recent scientific (as in conducted properly) and credible (as in not conducted for the Brady's or the NRA, etc.) poll on this issue?

Commies in the Revolutionary War? Is that like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Also, you ought to check the 1st Amendment. People in this country have the right to be commies whether it's stupid or not.

A 96% pro-individual interpretation vote is nice, but I think we all recognize that the results are obviously flawed, as are all these "self-selected" polls. (Hell, I set my browser to reject "cookies" and voted about 20 times myself.)

I'm curious what the public really thinks. Has anyone seen a recent scientific (as in conducted properly) and credible (as in not conducted for the Brady's or the NRA, etc.) poll on this issue?

This is a very good point. I would like to see a statistically valid poll on this subject. Also, the waters will probably be muddied if you tried to get people to distinguish between the right to bear arms and whether they should be allowed to own "assault weapons".

I bet there are plenty of people out there who think everyone should have the right to own a shotgun or typical hunting rifle but then question whether people should be able to own a Glock or an AR15.

The correct answer to the question "Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?" is NO!

It's disturbing that many pro gun rights people apparently including some posters on this board do not "get it" when it come to their rights.

Commies in the Revolutionary War? Is that like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Also, you ought to check the 1st Amendment. People in this country have the right to be commies whether it's stupid or not.

Although you do have the right to think, believe or speak like a commie you do not have the right to be one. The people did not grant to the states nor did the states grant to the federal government the power to take legal collective ownership of all property, capital or means of production.

Back
Top Bottom