• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

URI: Reports of active shooter on Kingston campus

I wonder how long it took the police to get there? There is a bill introduced that will allow campus police to carry guns, maybe it will get the support it needs now.

I second this. If this is a hoax isn't this just like SWATTING someone?

Shouldn't people who claim that they "saw a gun", when none is found, be responsible for the expenses incurred or for injuries resulting from the ensuing panic, just as someone yelling fire in a crowded public venue would be held?

Last edited:
"Active shooter" = Some dumb slut thought she saw a gun.

A couple years ago this happened at Tufts University. Someone called the campus PD and said they saw a guy walking down the street with a revolver. So security alert emails went out told everyone to stay inside. Eventually the guy called the PD and said that he fit the description and was walking down the street twirling a socket wrench at the time the call came in. No gun, just a paranoid hippy that can't tell the difference between a socket wrench and a revolver.

Of course this launched a campaign around the campus saying that the only reason the caller thought it was a gun was that the person with the wrench was black. The flyers were hilarious.
Photo0041.jpg

I wonder how long it took the police to get there? There is a bill introduced that will allow campus police to carry guns, maybe it will get the support it needs now.

According to a friend i have on campus, about 30 minutes for the lockdown to get in effect. Said there were tons of kids on the quad for 20+ minutes after the "gunman" was reported.

A couple years ago this happened at Tufts University. Someone called the campus PD and said they saw a guy walking down the street with a revolver. So security alert emails went out told everyone to stay inside. Eventually the guy called the PD and said that he fit the description and was walking down the street twirling a socket wrench at the time the call came in. No gun, just a paranoid hippy that can't tell the difference between a socket wrench and a revolver.

Of course this launched a campaign around the campus saying that the only reason the caller thought it was a gun was that the person with the wrench was black. The flyers were hilarious.

LOL. Wrench vs revolver.....look exactly the same.

URI campus in lockdown after reports of gunman - Boston.com

The University of Rhode Island says a report of an active shooter on its South Kingstown campus was a false alarm. An investigation revealed that “at no time was there a gun or an active shooter on the campus,” the university said in a statement posted on its Facebook page.

Ahnise Kassad, a student at the school, said in a telephone interview he was in a physiology class in Chafee Social Science Center when a student several rows in front of him stood up and yelled, “I’m done being a nice guy!”
Kassad said he did not see the student with a gun but heard another person scream that the student had one, prompting a rush for the classroom’s doors.
Colonel Steven O’Donnell, superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police, said that at 11:22 a.m. authorities received a call from someone reporting that a man had knocked on the door of an auditorium inside the building and said he “was a good guy and had a gun.”

It wasn’t clear if Kassad and the person who called police were describing different versions of the same incident.

lols all around.

chaffee's new gun "safety" bill will be introduced tuesday. gotta induce some healthy fear first.

Most likely!!

The report on the NECN news I heard was that some profeesor (a likely moonbat) thought he heard someone say "i'm a good guy with a gun"

Was prob some guy chatting up a girl and said... I'm a good guy, lets have some fun"

My daughter spent two hours under a desk in her lab out of sight this aft at URI. Happy to see that the idiots here think that it's funny.

Ron

My daughter spent two hours under a desk in her lab out of sight this aft at URI. Happy to see that the idiots here think that it's funny.

Ron

next time tell her to get up and GTFO! staying put in a target-rich environment like a classroom is a good way to end up dead. F what the school says about it, too.

seriouspost: i am glad your daughter is OK.

next time tell her to get up and GTFO! staying put in a target-rich environment like a classroom is a good way to end up dead. F what the school says about it, too.

seriouspost: i am glad your daughter is OK.
yes , she is ok. And her lab was in a different building. But a friend broke her ankle in the mass exodus to " get the **** out" of the classroom in question. All in all it was a monster cluster whatever, likely no gun, no shooter,. But when it is your daughter in the mess, things seem different. Ront

yes , she is ok. And her lab was in a different building. But a friend broke her ankle in the mass exodus to " get the **** out" of the classroom in question. All in all it was a monster cluster whatever, likely no gun, no shooter,. But when it is your daughter in the mess, things seem different. Ront

The only reason people are laughing now is because they know it wasn't real...so we can joke about it. Granted it gave you a heart attack but had something bad actually happened, no one would be cracking jokes. And +1 for having your daughter GTFO no matter what anyone says. Go through a window and run! Its harder to shoot a moving target 300 yards away, the shooter would go for the ones huddled up together and standing still.

Any one have any idea what kind of bullshit he'll be proposing? At least it won't be springing magically from the legislature....

No idea. Had a meeting with a state rep who had been trying to find out what is in the package to no avail. He is keeping it very quiet. Im skeptical that it will even be released tues but that is what is being reported....

Back
Top Bottom