**URGENT** Joint Committee Voting on H.4121 Tomorrow - Call them Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Many are group numbers. You just need to press (1,2,3) for the appropriate person. I called them all. Most went to voicemail and many mailboxes are full. I did get through to Chang-Diaz. No commitment from her aide.

It's not the numbers that are wrong it's how the phones work at the statehouse. I think the influx of calls is making it even harder to get through. I called the same number 3 times and got 3 different places.

Thanks, I've been sharing that PDF not realizing those numbers aren't correct that's all. Thanks for the link.

As far as I can see they are correct, they just go to an aide of some sort. These guys are way too busy to take direct calls from peons like us.

Yeah, his box was full 2 days ago went I emailed all the committee members. Probably doesn't give a shit....

I don't think he's running for reelection (Sean Curran), so has probably already checked out...I tried to find a twitter address for him too but no success.

If anyone finds any other social media contacts (facebook, twitter, etc) for Reps/Senators please post them here. I searched for a couple but didn't see anything.

Just spoke to Moores office. THEY HAVE ALREADY VOTED. He told me Moore voted no for the bill to be recommended and that they are tallying votes and hope to know by noon tomorrow as to whether or not to move forward with this.

[puke]

May they get in car accidents.

I just talked to Sen. Moore's Aide and he told me that they are voting today, not tomorrow. He did say that the senator voted against moving the bill forward. ETA: I talked with the Aide in Chang-Diaz's office and the voting is open today until tomorrow. He would not tell me how the senator plans to vote but he did say that they were getting a lot of calls in opposition and they weren't even taking names down just. Keeping track of the "for" or "against" numbers. I called every other number on the GOAL list and those are the only two live people who I got through too.

Just called his office as well and left a message. I missed the "normal business hours" of 9-5. Work was crazy today and just now noticed this thread.

Glad to hear he was going to vote against this piece of crap moving forward.

I did NOT vote for him last time around. He votes against this moving forward, that will change.

Got my e-mails out... Working on calls now.

Good afternoon members of the Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee,

My name is RD. I am a full-time Police Officer in the Interwebs area, an advanced firearms instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Less Lethal) for the Municipal Police Training Committee, NRA Instructor, active shooter response instructor, member of my department tactical team, and owner of a firearms training company.

I am writing you because of a GOAL alert that stated you were voting to move this bill forward. I urge you to vote 'ought not to pass'. As a voter, I am first off concerned with the pace at which you've decided to vote on this such a short time after a significant amount of issues were raised at the hearing.

As a Police Officer who has done a significant amount of reading and training around the concept of violence in general, I don't see how any of the provisions of the bill that impact lawful gun owners in this state are going to have any meaningful impact on violence let alone gun violence. Furthermore, I don't think anyone has really made the case that they will do anything other than put more obstacles in the way of firearms ownership by the only people who are actually following the law.

This bill needs a lot of work. It needs the involvement of people at the front line of fighting gun violence (hint: It's NOT the Massachusetts Chiefs Association. It's actual cops you need to talk to), and proper representation of gun owners in Massachusetts (GOAL). I urge you again to take this bill back to the drawing board, and have some meaningful interaction with the real stakeholders that are impacted, instead of having rushed public hearings and last minute votes.

Respectfully,

RD

What are you guys saying when you call? How detailed of a conversation are you having?

Short and to the point, 'I heard that a vote on H4121 is imminent and I am calling to urge that Sen/Rep Donuttin vote no on that bill. The bill should not be passed as written as it has many articles that are unfair to legal gun owners and will do nothing to get guns out of the hands of criminals'... or something along those lines...

Called them all and emailed them all... done for the night.

What are you guys saying when you call? How detailed of a conversation are you having?

Good afternoon my name is tynan taylor and I'm from leominster ma. It is my understand that ______________ is part of the joint committee on yadda yadda and that today they took part in a vote to either oppose or support bill HR4121 in its current form is that correct? I'm just calling to go on record as saying that as a current LTC holder and gun owner in the commonwealth I fully oppose this bill and that it is my urging that _______________ vote the same.

then they usually just say thank you and maybe ask for some other information. On to the next one.

I called everyone on the list and only spoke to two actual people, all the rest I left messages with.

Not to be wearing a tinfoil hat, but this is how revolutions start. Ram things through over a weekend, without due and proper debate, ignoring the voice of the people. A man with nothing left to lose is the most dangerous kind.

Now back to the phone again.
It's tough to fight a revolution when no one shows up because they have to work.

Called my rep (Ross) and mailbox was full. Going to try e-mail now. A bit irritating as I sent snail mail earlier this week...I'm betting it was never looked at.

Senator Ross told me in person he was not voting for it earlier in the week when I saw him at Town Meeting. Told me to pour on the calls and emails to the rest of the committee, just like Rep Betty Poirier told me yesterday.

Got to Ross' aid said he's voting it down.

The token Republicans (Ross, Vieira, and Boldyga) are most likely going to end up on the right side of the tally. It's the 13 Democrats we need to focus on. We need at least 6 out of the 13 Democrats, plus the 3 Republicans.

Senate Members:
James E. Timilty – Senate Chair – Democrat (Walpole)
Michael O. Moore – Senate Vice Chair – Democrat (Millbury)
Sonia Chang-Diaz – Democrat (Boston)
James T. Welch – Democrat (West Springfield)
Richard J. Ross – Republican (Wrentham)

House Members:
Harold P. Naughton, Jr. – House Chair – Democrat (Clinton)
Michael D. Brady – House Vice Chair – Democrat (Brockton)
Sean Curran – Democrat (Springfield)
Linda Campbell – Democrat (Methuen)
James J. Dwyer – Democrat (Woburn)
Alan Silvia – Democrat (Fall River)
David T. Vieira – Republican (East Falmouth)
Cleon H. Turner – Democrat (Dennis)
Brian M. Ashe – Democrat (Longmeadow)
Brian R. Mannal – Democrat (Barnstable)
Nicholas A. Boldyga – Republican (Southwick)

Emailed the entire list a pretty lengthy email, including a list of the 1 year disqualifiers. I am willing to be a lot of them could be disqualified.

It's tough to fight a revolution when no one shows up because they have to work.

They are making sure most people won't have that excuse in the future. Unemployed, being kicked out of house, while being insulted for being evil and rich... By then, sure why not join a revolution.

So many of the numbers in this list are not going to the office of the listed official:

http://goal.org/Documents/Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security.pdf

This is normal, lots of the member of Public Safety are on other committees and their phone number is assigned to that committee, if a real person answers, ask them for the person you are looking for, if you get a VM, wait for the option of the person you are waiting for, they will be there, I called them all yesterday and got to each persons office or VM.

Also, everyone, please call the district office and hammer them with this fax over the weekend. http://goal.org/Documents/stop-H4121-fax-proof.pdf

We've not yet begun to fight.

This is normal, lots of the member of Public Safety are on other committees and their phone number is assigned to that committee, if a real person answers, ask them for the person you are looking for, if you get a VM, wait for the option of the person you are waiting for, they will be there, I called them all yesterday and got to each persons office or VM.

Also, everyone, please call the district office and hammer them with this fax over the weekend. http://goal.org/Documents/stop-H4121-fax-proof.pdf

We've not yet begun to fight.

Roger that. I was so dizzy with anger and confusion it threw me for a loop.

When you say district office, you'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?

Roger that. I was so dizzy with anger and confusion it threw me for a loop.

When you say district office, you'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by that?

It's exactly that, an office in their district, usually their hometown. It's common, especially for the reps that live further away from the state house to have them. Rep Viera's aid called me from his district office today.

Also, everyone, check the personal websites and social media pages of the committee members, see if you can't track them down for some face time over the weekend, many of them will be in town for graduations etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom