**URGENT** Joint Committee Voting on H.4121 Tomorrow - Call them Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to Moores office. THEY HAVE ALREADY VOTED. He told me Moore voted no for the bill to be recommended and that they are tallying votes and hope to know by noon tomorrow as to whether or not to move forward with this.

OK, will update this as I go...Moore's assistant gave me info on this.

This is an ongoing process that will continue until every one of the members is polled, as most of them are not in the State House today. If someone has already been "polled," that's their official vote on the matter, and nothing further will change their vote. Don't let that stop you from calling one of the members that voted against and thanking them, or calling one of the members that voted for and expressing displeasure. The polling will continue until all votes are tallied.

Moore - Against
Chang-Diaz - Has not voted. Assistant "not authorized to let me know if she feels strongly one way or the other on the bill."

Nevermind...I'm just getting and leaving voicemails at this point. Keep going and adding onto the pile, though.

Last edited:
Email response from Vieira:
Thank you for your email. The bill is being polled by the committee this evening, and I just cast a NO vote for the recommendation of the committee.

A No vote from vice chair?
I belive the bill was subbmitted " as is"
Is Naughton running for re-election?
When will they release the final score?
ggboy

Not happening - Bad Info. See note below from my rep:

Paul
Thanks for the head’s up but someone misinformed you. Nothing is planned for tomorrow by way of a formal or informal session about which I am aware. When it does come up for consideration in the House, it will be the subject of many amendments and much debate.
John

Paul
Thanks for the head’s up but someone misinformed you. Nothing is planned for tomorrow by way of a formal or informal session about which I am aware. When it does come up for consideration in the House, it will be the subject of many amendments and much debate.
John

For my understanding, this is a vote by the committee on whether to push forward with the Bill, not for the house yet, so unless your rep is one of those on the Committee I don't know that they'd necessarily be aware. I did get through to a few voicemails and left messages, but still not getting any actual people.

Paul
John

It's a committee vote. Your rep is not on the committee.

Call him back and ask why the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security is pushing this junk bill through despite the fact that it's full of major flaws.

Let's say this passes the committee. What is the next step, where does it go from here?

So far most are not answering and all their mailboxes are full

I called and sent e-mails to all of them.
Some did not even want my name or address...so you know where that call goes!!!
Moore did ask for my name and address!!!
Most did not even want to hear my statement!!!

Not to be wearing a tinfoil hat, but this is how revolutions start. Ram things through over a weekend, without due and proper debate, ignoring the voice of the people. A man with nothing left to lose is the most dangerous kind.

Now back to the phone again.

I think at this point the calls are pouring in and they are just checking either of 2 columns. For or against.

I called and sent e-mails to all of them.
Some did not even want my name or address...so you know where that call goes!!!
Moore did ask for my name and address!!!
Most did not even want to hear my statement!!!

Some of the aids were very very kind to me and thanked me for calling, Timiltys office seemed like not one single **** was given

I'm 2 for 4 so far. Timilty and Chang-Diaz answered and took my name/address. Naughton's mailbox full, Brady was voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom