• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upside to restricted Class A?

Well, I went for my appointment to get my LTC. My town, like most of yours, does not issue ALP. [roll]

So is there an upside to this? The way I am choosing to look at it is I won't feel compelled to restrict myself to a pistol that is concelable. I can get some big hand cannon if I want, and not feel like I'm throwing away the ability to carry it.

Oh, who am I kidding... I should just move the 1000yds north to NH...

Well, at least its done. Now just wait 5+ weeks for it to come in.

Matt[/u]

I guess we can make anything sound better if we try hard enough. In my opinion you are still being screwed and you are being denied your rights. But congrats anyways at least you have the ability to legaly own a handgun now.

The upside is that you can join some awesome people, like my husband and myself, in our never ending bitch about "Sporting and Target"
or whatever your particular issuing reasons are...

Though we just moved to a better town and are in the process of trying to get our LTCs fixed.

matt said:
Well, I went for my appointment to get my LTC. My town, like most of yours, does not issue ALP. [roll]

So is there an upside to this? The way I am choosing to look at it is I won't feel compelled to restrict myself to a pistol that is concelable. I can get some big hand cannon if I want, and not feel like I'm throwing away the ability to carry it.

Matt[/u]

What town was this? I live in Leominster, and my appointment is next Monday (11/21)

I'm lucky too...our chief originally came from RI and didn't have clue one about the guns laws here, so he kept it status quo. Long as you pass the background check, you get an unrestricted A.

I'm a little surprised that Winchendon is that tight. I'm in Westford, right on 495, and our chief automatically gives LTC-A ALP regardless of what you apply for (unless you come in and insist on something else). I've never had a single interview with him or anybody else; just pick up the application, drop it off, come in for prints and photos, then pick up the license.

Ken

Try living in Boston. I've had a ALP for 25 years in Boston and they put you threw the wringer every time you renew. Last 2 times it took them 6 months.

I have to bring in the company bank reciepts, Corperation papers, utilty bills, birth certifacate, a letter stating why I need it, and some more paper work that I can't recall.

Have you have tried to qualify in December at Moon Island in a snow storm. The wind and weather there is a killer, your eyes are watering and your fingers are numb. One guy showed up 5 minutes late and they told him go back in town and get a new date.

matt said:

Matt[/u]

The upside is that you got what is right Constitutionally guaranteed to you, which really isn't an upside. That said, it's pretty sad that you have to be thankful to mortal for "allowing" you to get it and then have it restricted at that!

Back
Top Bottom