UPS VS 80%

DJBrad

NES Member
They even went so far as to threaten seizure and destruction of property? Brownells is next apparently. Once thing UPS is good for is leaving my freedom seeds scattered about the floor of the truck making me count the seeds. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️. I betcha ammo will soon be on the list if the midterms don’t give us a jubilee.

I do not see any P80s frames on Brownells site anymore
Just the other parts

Yep. I've always thought "Mail Order Ammo" was on their short list...

They even went so far as to threaten seizure and destruction of property? Brownells is next apparently.
I found "UPS has made the decision to no longer accept Brownells packages" on a cached copy of their official FB page.

Still seems weird that Brownells would put a note up on social media about this, then delete it shortly after?

If UPS is single-handedly confiscating goods given to them for transport, it sounds to me that it is pure larceny and actionable in court. They aren't a law enforcement agency!
Under what authority can they do this? Sure they can refuse to ship but taking it out of the loop on their own sounds like trouble.
It’s not like they have a postal cop division or something similar

ESG raises it's ugly head...
Pretty soon insurance companies will be doing the same, Can't insure becouse of risk
End run around the constitution ......

I ordered a trigger from Brownells Wednesday night, shipped Thursday, ETA Tuesday. If UPS keeps my trigger I'll be pissed

I believe the legal theory is "our legal budget is bigger than yours".
I suspect Brownell's would be more than willing to go toe-to-toe with UPS over this, still doesn't explain why the Brownell's "UPS closed our account" social media posts all disappeared last night.
1656783268717.png

Likely the June 29th New York lawsuit is the trigger for the actions by UPS:
Pete Brownell said:
“As one of the nation’s oldest, family-owned firearms retailers, Brownells has always taken its compliance obligations very seriously and we look forward to addressing these claims through the legal system.”

Until I see this in a lot more news reports, I’m calling shenanigans. The letter is dated June 20, over ten days ago. If this were the case, the left leaning main stream media would be all over it. Just look at the way they covered Dick’s when they stopped selling AR type rifles. Plus the idea that UPS would actually destroy property and not just return it to the sender is pretty far fetched. The idea that UPS would say “... any package found in the UPS system determined to have been tendered by /company name supposedly blanked out/ may be seized and destroyed.” is very questionable. I highly doubt that UPS would ever publicly say that they will seize and destroy any package simply based on the sender.

Yup, people that stockpiled these things are going to make a lot of $$$ some day.............. Actually some day soon.
Funny how people buy into both "you haven't lost money until you sell" as well as "made money as soon as the value increases". I'm the mark to market camp.

This story must have spread across the country in mere hours, at least in shooting circles, and being a couple days old already I’d imagine if it were false UPS and/or the affected retailers would’ve put out a statement by now declaring it as such to stem any bleeding.

Whether it's real or not UPS is not likely to suffer. OTOH, Brownell's is likely to suffer if it's true and by extension gun owners as shipping costs will go up.

This story must have spread across the country in mere hours, at least in shooting circles, and being a couple days old already I’d imagine if it were false UPS and/or the affected retailers would’ve put out a statement by now declaring it as such to stem any bleeding.

I found "UPS has made the decision to no longer accept Brownells packages" on a cached copy of their official FB page.

Still seems weird that Brownells would put a note up on social media about this, then delete it shortly after?
Slander /libel evasion?

Lawsuit-happy, Marxist AG's and DA's are causing this shit, combined with weak ass companies like UPS.

So when do we get our pallets of supplies randomly dropped off on street corners at somewhat strategic locations? Instead of Antifa/BLM bricks, we get pallets like these-

ddae1b05-93c8-4b6c-b08e-b4c793ac3d98.jpg

UPS is a solidly union shop.

Which political party do the unions (not rank and file members, but leadership) support?

Which party is in control right now?

Meh, doubt it's political /at that level/ if this is legit this is feds or states strong-arming the carriers like they used to do to ups for mail order wine blockades etc.

Whether it's real or not UPS is not likely to suffer. OTOH, Brownell's is likely to suffer if it's true and by extension gun owners as shipping costs will go up.
Sure but the bolded above needs to be the sole priority before we see who’s going to suffer from anything. Not that NES ever wastes time speculating and arguing for days about stuff that’s never happened. lol

Back
Top Bottom