UPS VS 80%

Sure but the bolded above needs to be the sole priority before we see who’s going to suffer from anything. Not that NES ever wastes time speculating and arguing for days about stuff that’s never happened. lol
Pretty much still isolated to gun news circles as stated. Waiting to hear more but seeing more capitulation to 2021R-05F should be expected.

Here is the autistic slideshow or sideshow 🤪😜🧠

Reeeeeeeee!

I posted this in the other thread. I've been a damage clerk there for 12 years and an employee for 23. I'm assuming if this is real (which I don't think it is because I would have heard about it) they will treat them like alcohol shipments. Meaning that if we discover alcohol damaged in a package we destroy it all if it's going to or through Massachusetts because Massachusetts doesn't allow certain shipments of alcohol. If it's something allowed like certain wine shipments we also destroy it all because we become the shipper and we don't have a license for that.
I have had UPS packages destroyed by UPS en-route. In my case it was bags of medical solutions that leaked - which meant that the entire bag, even if patched and delivered, could not be used for the intended purpose. The UPS tracking sight made it easy to determine what happened - there was a notation like "package leaked fluid, destroyed by UPS".

As to the second part - what about the protections afforded by common carrier status?

Hmmmm I guess we will see what the real story is soon enough, but I gotta say UPS is my favorite - I even like the local UPS guy who likes to chat a little and at times even takes a peek at my projects.

I order from a place in CT for boat parts, I'm in NH. UPS ground about 95% of the time has it to me next day, ie order at 10 AM on Monday and Tuesday it shows up. They are good.

USPS - holy phuck forget about them, they suck. Pretty much all the shipping horror stories I've got over the years was on them. FedEx is alright if its not an economy level service, but the typical cheapest way is as bad as USPS as far as delays and things disappearing for days that should've been delivered already.

I have had UPS packages destroyed by UPS en-route. In my case it was bags of medical solutions that leaked - which meant that the entire bag, even if patched and delivered, could not be used for the intended purpose. The UPS tracking sight made it easy to determine what happened - there was a notation like "package leaked fluid, destroyed by UPS".

As to the second part - what about the protections afforded by common carrier status?

Had the same thing happen with resins before, no big deal, vendor got notified somehow by them and re-shipped, only was a day late.

Shippers are blind to what's inside the cardboard or box unless it's poorly packaged, stinking, smoking, leaking, undec haz, etc. The Purple Promise phrase about ten years ago was 'see something, say nothing,' especially when it came to high dollar (P1/early am) deliveries. UPS isn't a startup and they've been moving illicit stuff for decades, much like every common carrier, 3PL, LTL, etc. Suddenly there's a concern now? For pieces of plastic?

The teamster leadership doesn't give a shit about what's being shipped in the boxes nor do they have any control over policies like this.

I posted this in the other thread. I've been a damage clerk there for 12 years and an employee for 23. I'm assuming if this is real (which I don't think it is because I would have heard about it) they will treat them like alcohol shipments. Meaning that if we discover alcohol damaged in a package we destroy it all if it's going to or through Massachusetts because Massachusetts doesn't allow certain shipments of alcohol. If it's something allowed like certain wine shipments we also destroy it all because we become the shipper and we don't have a license for that.

If this is the policy to not ship to states that ban 80% kits then it's the policy of the corporation. I don't think Corporate UPS wants to be complicit in shipping products to states that ban those products. Again they won't actually open a package unless it's damaged or it's suspected of being an undeclared hazmat.

UPS corporate is getting pretty woke with the phony virtue signaling stuff lately though.
So how does their common carrier status square with destroying non-hazardous shipments, rather than returning them to the sender?

I know they put up the big bluff of "contract of carriage", but as a common law common carrier, they are responsible to the shipper for all packages placed in their care.

Their How to Ship Firearms FAQ doesn't line up with their actual published tariff/TOS.

I remember when UPS and FedEx both changed their tariffs regarding firearms shipping, to the exact same language, at nearly the same time (a few weeks apart, or less). That was in the early aughts, IIRC. They denied any collusion, but they adopted the same language at the same time. Curious, wot?

So how does their common carrier status square with destroying non-hazardous shipments, rather than returning them to the sender?

I know they put up the big bluff of "contract of carriage", but as a common law common carrier, they are responsible to the shipper for all packages placed in their care.

Their How to Ship Firearms FAQ doesn't line up with their actual published tariff/TOS.

I remember when UPS and FedEx both changed their tariffs regarding firearms shipping, to the exact same language, at nearly the same time (a few weeks apart, or less). That was in the early aughts, IIRC. They denied any collusion, but they adopted the same language at the same time. Curious, wot?
If common carrier didn't cover them, then every UPS office would have to be an FFL and every driver/handler would have to go thru the NICS level background check. Sorry, this doesn't compute!

The UPS/FedEx change you refer to was first told to me by a mid-level BATFE manager (this person is well known to me for many years). A coincidence? I think not!!

I personally don't think this is real as I haven't heard about it and it's something I would have to deal with being a damage clerk. I just think they don't want to knowingly ship something to a state where it is banned. Yes they should be shipping it back instead of destroying it considering it's not an actual firearm. Again I think UPS just like any corporation is afraid of the internet mob.
Lol i doubt they care about internet bs but fed/state government entities pressure players like that all the time. You know why they got in the middle if the wine thing right? Shit state AGs went after UPS and other shippers.

If UPS is single-handedly confiscating goods given to them for transport, it sounds to me that it is pure larceny and actionable in court. They aren't a law enforcement agency!
This! Go ahead and confiscate and destroy packages UPS!…I triple dog dare you. Charge every suit at UPS involved with it with federal crimes.

Destroying packages is still a major federal crime to the highest degree. The Post Office is all smiles today! There major competitor just f***ed up.
There's a law specific to US Mail. Common carriers such as UPS have contract terms like "Where carriage is suspended, UPS may return the package or shipment in question to the shipper at its own discretion"

I found "UPS has made the decision to no longer accept Brownells packages" on a cached copy of their official FB page. Still seems weird that Brownells would put a note up on social media about this, then delete it shortly after?
Slander /libel evasion?
In the USA, in a case with these facts, "truth" would be an absolute defense against any defamation claim. UPS would be laughed out of court.

Last edited:
In the USA, in a case with these facts, "truth" would be an absolute defense against any defamation claim. UPS would be laughed out of court.
Truth is not an absolute defense to slander or libel in MA if actual malice on the part of the truth teller is proven.

Truth is not an absolute defense to slander or libel in MA if actual malice on the part of the truth teller is proven.
It was specifically MA case law I was thinking about. Using a companies name in print, ANY print, enters into the potential shit show that is MA slander / libel rules.

I got dinged once for using a car manufacturers name in a fictional work which "sounded" like it was a slight on their name, or could have been interpreted as a sleight on there name.

Upside is, even though the editor dinged me, I got permission from the company to use the name as chosen. (the PR contact person actually ually enjoyed the book. )

There's a law specific to US Mail. Common carriers such as UPS have contract terms like "Where carriage is suspended, UPS may return the package or shipment in question to the shipper at its own discretion"

Yes. Returning is one thing but if they start destroying shit they are f***ed

So I haven't really been keeping up with this.. New legislation deems 80% to now be considered firearms and being as they are now considered firearms they need to be serialized otherwise UPS won't ship them?
Of what use is a serial number in tracking a gun if there is no way to do a trace on that number?

UPS stated will deliver everything in transit unless they have undisputed knowledge the contents are illegal.
UPS is f***ed either way. If they start destroying shit because they, per ATF new frame BS, say it’s illegal then there willfully destroying evidence the ATF says is illegal…how do you prosecute someone for a federal offense and destroy the actual evidence your charging them with. Makes no sense. And if it’s technically not illegal because they smack down ATF frame bs then they are willfully destroying peoples property. They are f***ed!

If I was UPS I would tell Biden to loosen up his hair plugs….there pulling on his lebodomies!

I think UPS has already made that clear, twice in the last week.
There does not seem to be any requirement the serial number on a non-gun be unique, or that it not be engraved on the part of the metal that must be removed to make room for the fire control group.

Are there any criminal penalties for not following UPS directions on shipments that are not hazmat, firearms, or regulated in any way?

There does not seem to be any requirement the serial number on a non-gun be unique, or that it not be engraved on the part of the metal that must be removed to make room for the fire control group.

Are there any criminal penalties for not following UPS directions on shipments that are not hazmat, firearms, or regulated in any way?

Are your posts just poor attempts at being purposly obtuse?

Back
Top Bottom