UPS checking LTC???

I,just found this..... matt2109 maybe your UPS was not convinced your GF was 21 and if she knew it was a gun and he asked for ID she assumed LTC?
.. Adult Signature Required: UPS will obtain the adult recipient's signature and provide you with a printed copy. Adult recipients must be at least 21. You may also view the adult recipient's signature online
I know at least 4 CR deliveries to my home my wife was ID'd for age.
I get all my deliveries at work now and have had the same ups/fedex drivers for 10+years.

I think this is the most likely explanation. My GF, is hard of hearing, he may have id'd for age and she assumed LTC.....

I have received C&R guns via USPS, FedEx, & UPS, the shipping box NEVER denotes what is inside. How did the driver know it was a gun?

I have received C&R guns via USPS, FedEx, & UPS, the shipping box NEVER denotes what is inside. How did the driver know it was a gun?

It's amazing but those long thin boxes give them a clue.

Also return addresses that say "gun shop" are another clue. [as reported by OP]

Additionally they all recognize things like SWEC, 2100 Roosevelt Ave, Springfield (S&W) and GI, Smyrna, GA (Glock) on address labels. These companies don't spell out the names to try to avoid theft but those in the biz of delivery get to recognize them easily.

LTC is street for Lucious Tata's and Cans. He wasn't asking for her carry license, he was hoping for a show. ;)

I ordered something and it required a "verified signature" so I had to show my license when I signed for the package. Maybe he asked for her license and she assumed he ment her LTC?

My mailman thinks C&R purchases are car parts, probably because he's seen me wrenching on cars a number of times.

He's a nice guy and we b/s sometimes as he delivers the mail, but I'll keep letting him think they are car parts.

Regardless of the cites cited! UPS guy is not the frickken seller, he's barely qualified to hand me my guns!
he's the gopher ffs. Gopher my gun ya toolbag!
Girlfriend has to be hot...only explanation.
Half of em aren't even qualified to hand you a friggin squirt gun. I'd have politely told him to (quote) "F*ck off and give me the package as you're required to do unless it otherwise specifically states that you're to inspect the recipient's LTC".
My Sicilian wife would've been even LESS polite than me.

Some guys really think they're something when they put on the "uniform", eh?
http://www.10news.com/news/police-ups-driver-entered-home-watched-woman-bathe
Police-UPS-Driver-Entered-Home-Watched-Woman-Bathe-31106382_12738_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Last edited:
I recently purchased a vintage .22 rifle and had it shipped to me (C&R). The package required signature as expected. My girlfriend received and signed for the delivery, the UPS driver asked to see her LTC. Can they do this????? I had a fit and told here that he has no right doing that and she should have asked to see his. She showed it and took delivery, so no big deal, but I was wishing that I answered the door.

Now I am second guessing myself, so thought I would ask the NES brain trust, can a delivery driver do this (in Mass)?

This would have gotten yo nowhere. As a common carrier in MA, he doesn't need one. Unless the goal was to just be a cock to the UPS driver.....

I,just found this..... matt2109 maybe your UPS was not convinced your GF was 21 and if she knew it was a gun and he asked for ID she assumed LTC?
.. Adult Signature Required: UPS will obtain the adult recipient's signature and provide you with a printed copy. Adult recipients must be at least 21. You may also view the adult recipient's signature online
I know at least 4 CR deliveries to my home my wife was ID'd for age.
I get all my deliveries at work now and have had the same ups/fedex drivers for 10+years.

This is what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the most likely explanation. My GF, is hard of hearing, he may have id'd for age and she assumed LTC.....

Forget about the C&R. I need to get a girlfriend like that. Hard of hearing and still gets carded.

Since when is the definition of "adult" 21?

Sorry....that just pisses me off.....if you can sign up to get blown up by foreigners, you are an adult.....

Yep, you can send them to the sandbox, but they can't drink a beer.

Since when is the definition of "adult" 21?

Sorry....that just pisses me off.....if you can sign up to get blown up by foreigners, you are an adult.....

I'd love to see a "pass" for anyone in the MIL or who has served to be able to obtain all so-called "adult" privileges! They have certainly earned it.

Sadly we are in the minority.

I'd love to see a "pass" for anyone in the MIL or who has served to be able to obtain all so-called "adult" privileges! They have certainly earned it.

Sadly we are in the minority.

I disagree. That seems to me to create a special "military class" - not good, IMO.

I'd rather have the minimum enlistment age raised to 21. After all, the argument for most of the >21 age restrictions, is that the "teenage brain is not developed enough," to make important decisions. Hell, signing up to kill foreigners is a big decision.

I disagree. That seems to me to create a special "military class" - not good, IMO.

I'd rather have the minimum enlistment age raised to 21. After all, the argument for most of the >21 age restrictions, is that the "teenage brain is not developed enough," to make important decisions. Hell, signing up to kill foreigners is a big decision.

I don't mind creating a special class for those willing to sacrifice their lives for their Country.

I do see your point, but if I think back to WWI and WWII, I'm not sure we'd be here speaking English if they didn't allow <21 yo to enlist.

Mandatory service 18-21. Problem solved.

this 100%

Back
Top Bottom