UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

Might be, but when a crowd of thugs trespasses onto their lawn, there is no requirement to hide and cower. It's already been established that the mob had forced their way onto private property, no need to "Shelter in Place". I've only had to respond once to a threat at my home, and I did so with a .357 at my side. As soon as the car pulled up, I walked out onto my porch and as the punk got out of the car, I suggested he get the F off my property. Yes, the cops were on their way, contrary to the McCloskey situation, but I certainly was not going to let him approach my door.
They should have simply come out clapping and unfurled a BLM banner.

That's because those courses are all given on private ranges with lots of "non potential target people" around AND liability issues if someone gets shot.
Get the fvck over your "Range Officer" mode.....they had potential targets right in front of them. When a split second counts, the last fvcking thing I'm going to be doing is dicking with the safety on a gun.
U ever go on a patrol?

Confiscating the guns was definitely political. Like someone said, no shots were fired. Years ago my dad was in his yard in MA walking into his house when the neighbor’s pitbull ran up to him and clamped down on his arm. He pulled out his pistol and shot the dog in the leg. Nothing illegal, no charges, and the cops came and took all his guns during the course of the “investigation”. He later spoke with an attorney who said he did NOT need to let the cops take his guns. His guns were returned eventually (and he was never deemed unsuitable). The point I’m trying to make is unless MO law is much different than MA, there’s prob nothing in the law that justifies their guns being taken

It's politically motivated theater by a fvcking black, racist, woman DA.

It's politically motivated theater by a fvcking black, racist, woman DA.

No way sir. It is 100% due to lack of basic firearms training. Low ready and finger off trigger would have saved them. These peaceful protesters were in imminent danger as the video footage shows.

At least that is what some of the most cuckhold MA gun owners have to say about it... LOL!

No way sir. It is 100% due to lack of basic firearms training. Low ready and finger off trigger would have saved them. These peaceful protesters were in imminent danger as the video footage shows.

At least that is what some of the most cuckhold MA gun owners have to say about it... LOL!
Might I sense a touch of sarcasm in your reply! ;) [laugh]

I have no idea what will come of these potential charges. But it is telling that the original lawyer, who paraded them across any media that would have them, has been replaced with another lawyer. If they want you, you can not media your way out of the situation. Now the crooked DA has tons of different statements to use against this guy if they choose to. Probably has a diverse team of lawyers picking through the statements to compare them for inconsistencies. The first lawyer should have come out swinging on behalf of the client and left them at home.

I have no idea what will come of these potential charges. But it is telling that the original lawyer, who paraded them across any media that would have them, has been replaced with another lawyer. If they want you, you can not media your way out of the situation. Now the crooked DA has tons of different statements to use against this guy if they choose to. Probably has a diverse team of lawyers picking through the statements to compare them for inconsistencies. The first lawyer should have come out swinging on behalf of the client and left them at home.

Neil I thought that they switched lawyers because their original lawyer said he had a conflict of interest as he somehow became a witness to something. I’m pretty sure that’s the case at least.

Neil I thought that they switched lawyers because their original lawyer said he had a conflict of interest as he somehow became a witness to something. I’m pretty sure that’s the case at least.
They say the original lawyer had possession of the inoperable pistol shortly after the event (“rendered inoperable a significant period before the event”), so he stood down as counsel to potentially be a witness.

Yes, I've walked the DMZ in Korea many times with angry armed north koreans 10-12 feet away. We carried locked and loaded, safeties off, at ready high port.
Yes, I've walked the DMZ in Korea many times with angry armed north koreans 10-12 feet away. We carried locked and loaded, safeties off, at ready high port.
i likeed your post cuz I’m not trying to mess with u. But u patrolled one of the most prolific and dangerous borders in the world with safeties off, high ready with muzzle in the air and your finger on the trigger? That’s a recipe for disaster for everyone but the point man, lol. We’re the NK’s doing the same at least?😂👍🏻

You are kind of making my point for me. None of this nit picking would have mattered if they guns were held at low ready or something like that.

It matters now because the wife was continually sweeping the crowd with her finger on the trigger.

Well I've already stated my opinion of how these things should go previously in one of these threads. But I'll reiterate: See - this is why I think it's a "good idea" - to just stay in the house. If you're getting pissed off about the fact that they're smashing windows and stuff like that - well then taunt them thru one of the broken windows - and have your hysterical wife shout out " they're going to break in and steal all the money in our safe!!!". You see - then - when they come thru the front door - you can shoot their asses - dead. Now , unfortunately - staying inside the house doesn't really help you much if they're throwing molotovs at the house - especially if you live in a wooden house, so I guess your mileage may vary with that advice.

But as a general rule running around pointing your gun at people - in this overly litigous - overly communist/marxist society - is going to get you screwed over one way - or another.

We can go into the subject of hysterical women with guns if you want as well, and I think the pics on this one show pretty clearly that the husband wasn't keeping his wife "under control" on this one - as she was the one who was running around screaming at people and pointing the gun at them. They both would have been better off if he told her to STFU and get in the house - and went out himself (with the gun at low ready) - if he was compelled to make some show of force.

I've been reading online the novel "Victoria - a tale of 4th generation warfare" (here: http://1414plausiblefutures.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/victoria.pdf ) and they make the point over and over again that a successful war is much more than two sides shooting at each other with the one having more firepower winning.

These two screwed up - saying "they should have been able to do this" has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
She acted in a manner consistent with an untrained, inexperienced person who is in deep fear for their personal safety - Just like the average person on the street. I feel this meets the standard of judging based on a reasonable person acting prudently.

That the mob was trying to reach the mayor's home is immaterial - they had no right to be where they were. If their purpose was only to reach the mayor's home, they should have kept to the street and not interacted with the public past chanting their positions. As soon as they trespassed, damaged private property, and threatened anyone they were the primary aggressors and had no standing from a defensive posture. The homeowner had every right to display a defensive posture equal to the aggressive ability of the mob (deadly force equal to the deadly force of overwhelming numbers)

That said, I don't condone or promote either of the McClosky's actions but taking the situation in its entirety I believe they reacted within the bounds that the average person would and therefore have zero guilt.

"Rights" have nothing to do with it any more.

It's all about what you can get away with. Or haven't you been paying attention?

If they stayed in thier humongous stone house and used it for cover to observe the mob’s actions they most likely would of marched right by them on their way to the mayors house and none of us would have a clue of who the McCloskeys are.

If one of them had calmly come out of the house - and talked to one of the "leaders" of the wanna-be rioters - and told them where the mayor's house was, and then pointed out some other known lefties houses on the street - and told them (the rioters) - that the people in those houses were known racists or had given large amounts of money to Donald Trump ......... and had then just sat back and watched it all burn afterwards - they would have scored a much bigger "victory" than with what they did by coming out with guns.

The problem here is there is a sizable portion of the rich and/or democrat left - that thinks they'll be eaten last. They need to be disabused of that notion - the hard way.

i likeed your post cuz I’m not trying to mess with u. But u patrolled one of the most prolific and dangerous borders in the world with safeties off, high ready with muzzle in the air and your finger on the trigger? That’s a recipe for disaster for everyone but the point man, lol. We’re the NK’s doing the same at least?😂👍🏻

Fingers off the trigger. Yes the NKs did the same.

Do you remember operation Paul Bunyan? Look it up if you are unfamiliar with it. I was there during that. Captain Bonifas was my FDO's closest friend and West Point roommate.

Fingers off the trigger. Yes the NKs did the same.

Do you remember operation Paul Bunyan? Look it up if you are unfamiliar with it. I was there during that. Captain Bonifas was my FDO's closest friend and West Point roommate.
I will look it up, sounds interesting. I was at the DMZ for only a few hours when I was on a deployment. We were on a joint training exercise with SK’s. Very eery place that DMZ..almost other worldly.

I will look it up, sounds interesting. I was at the DMZ for only a few hours when I was on a deployment. We were on a joint training exercise with SK’s. Very eery place that DMZ..almost other worldly.

Yes it was. There were remnants of the Korean war in many spots in there, old rusted out helmets, enbloc clips, bayonets, old wire, etc.
I had four broken Garand bayonets that I picked up but they were lost in my hold bagage that never made it to me at my next duty station.
We did lots of joint training with the ROK army. We also had lots of KATUSA soldiers assigned to our unit, I used to teach an English class to them two nights a week and they taught me some Korean. Good times for what it was.

You guys are all letting your opinions get ahead of yourselves. I know this is just a forum thread but still.

These people defended their home. They probably could've shot any one of these protesters. Who knows how violent it got or could've gotten. Fact is = it didn't get violent because they defended their homes with their legal weapons. As a person who is proud of the 2nd amendment, I'm proud of this outcome. Surprising that their gun was confiscated but this could absolutely be a legal protocol police take to ensure that these weapons used (even though they didn't shoot) are in fact legal to own/posses. If someone ever pulled a gun on me in public, for whatever reason, I'd be glad that the police ensure it's legal to own/possess for that person/anyone.

No charges were made. Therefore no rights violated. I'm sure they own other guns, and although it can be viewed as wrong their guns were taken away I'm sure the police wouldn't allow their lives to be endangered. I admit that portion of my reply MAY be uneducated/naive.

Well the last part may not be accurate .
During the ANTIFA riots in Berkley CA. the police not only stood by and did nothing they locked the doors to a building and stood inside watching through the glass as people were being beaten by the mob.
One of them into a coma.
They refused to unlock the doors to allow people inside to escape the mob.
"Following orders" not to engage .

Ok, how’s this:

They were almost certainly trespassing, I’d bet my house on it.

But nobody else on the street was freaked out about it. If they really had been an angry mob set on death and destruction, they wouldn’t have been stopped by the McCloskeys, they would have just gone to the next house. Hell, if they cared at all about the McCloskys, they wouldn’t have been stopped by them, either.

Add to that the McClosky’s history of suing everyone (for their own gain, not just for their clients) and the fights about what they own they’ve had with the HOA, and their neighbors don’t have anything nice to say about them, I’m guessing they don’t have a great sense of what trespassing is, either.

They were paid thugs with a pro wrangler.
You don't collect the check if your dead.

Yes it was. There were remnants of the Korean war in many spots in there, old rusted out helmets, enbloc clips, bayonets, old wire, etc.
I had four broken Garand bayonets that I picked up but they were lost in my hold bagage that never made it to me at my next duty station.
We did lots of joint training with the ROK army. We also had lots of KATUSA soldiers assigned to our unit, I used to teach an English class to them two nights a week and they taught me some Korean. Good times for what it was.
Lot of that shit around Okinawa and all the islands too. Frozen in time that stuff is.👍🏻

It sounds like you've never actually taken a carbine class at a reputable training site. They all are consistent. Safety comes off as the gun comes on target.

I'm not in any way advocating that you wait until you have been shot at.

Now ask , if you can get one to answer the question honestly , how much of what they teach is based on their liability insurance.
I know the answer to that question .
A friend and fellow instructor was sued years ago by some idiot who took his course to get his LTC and then shortly afterward got in a beef with his BIL and shot him. Thankfully not fatal.
Said idiot then sued the instructor claiming that if the instructor had taught him better he wouldn't have shot his BIL.
It lasted all of five minutes in court with the judge pretty much telling the idiot GTFO .
Cost to get to that point 10 grand in legal fees.

When your ass is on the line there are no rules.
I WILL take any and every advantage I can to come out of it alive.
Once people who (If true) armed start shouting they are going to kill me, my family and dog. Someone is going to be about 1 1/2 pounds of trigger pull closer to finding out if there really is a God.

Last edited:
I had a friend stationed there in the 70's .
He said the little buggers would take a pot shot at them now and then.
Don't know if that still happens.

Back
Top Bottom