*Update* on the Smith and Wesson Shield w/ Kyle Lamb

Lord0fWar

NES Member
Here's our update on the Smith and Wesson Shield after a few weeks of testing it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video! Thanks for the update.

Now you made my wait for a MA compliant one even worse! [smile]

EDIT: I finally was able to get my hands on one yesterday to check it out. I am definitely sold

Last edited:
I got to handle one today at IDC in Clinton. I would definitely have picked it over my LC9 if it had been an option. The trigger pull on the demo model is nice, and I like the 8 round mag option.

Nice job Matt. Only one small critique, lose the sunglasses when you're talking to the camera, make eye contact with the viewer you'll come off more sincere that way.

I got to handle one today at IDC in Clinton. I would definitely have picked it over my LC9 if it had been an option. The trigger pull on the demo model is nice, and I like the 8 round mag option.

LC9...the most popular gun that goes back to the factory for warranty repair...its actually irresponsible that that gun is sold as a defensive firearm

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job Matt. Only one small critique, lose the sunglasses when you're talking to the camera, make eye contact with the viewer you'll come off more sincere that way.

But then I look less like a BAMF hahahahahaahahaha...thanks for the tip bro

LC9...the most popular gun that goes back to the factory for warranty repair...its actually irresponsible that that gun is sold as a defensive firearm

- - - Updated - -

Could you post the percentages, compared to other Guns percentages?

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Matt I always look
forward to your posts.
On a side note I've spoken with matt in person and he's a great guy really so nice to do business with

I agree with Mike--less emphasis on "tacticool" adds credibility.

"tacticool" would be if I threw a chest rig on and did a video...Those are just my shooting glasses

Could you post the percentages, compared to other Guns percentages?

If I had an actual percentage chart to give you, I would. How's about 2 a week returned to the factory since they were released sound?

I finally got to shoot a shield today at Bob's and I was very impressed. The guy in the next lane allowed me to shoot his M&P 9 and 9c as well. The trigger is definitely an improvement, altho not great but I was comfortable with it. The gun shot very well overall and fit me perfectly. Can't wait to pick one up.

And FWIW...I don't mind the shooting glasses in the video.

If I had an actual percentage chart to give you, I would. How's about 2 a week returned to the factory since they were released sound?

Can you post your source?

and here is why numbers mean S***. Take two companies, one that has 10 airplanes (A) and one that has 100 (B). Each plane flies 1million miles. The smaller company A loses one plane, and the other company loses 10. If you look at numbers you would say "company B sucks, 10 planes crashed" but if you look at percentages you would see that its 10% in both companies and they both flew the same amount of miles. So they both lost one plane every 10 million miles. It just happens that company B is bigger and it makes it look like a bad company. But they are both just as bad.

That is why I asked for a source and some stats.

Last edited:
Can you post your source?

and here is why numbers mean S***. Take two companies, one that has 10 airplanes (A) and one that has 100 (B). Each plane flies 1million miles. The smaller company A loses one plane, and the other company loses 10. If you look at numbers you would say "company B sucks, 10 planes crashed" but if you look at percentages you would see that its 10% in both companies and they both flew the same amount of miles. So they both lost one plane every 10 million miles. It just happens that company B is bigger and it makes it look like a bad company. But they are both just as bad.

That is why I asked for a source and some stats.

How's first hand experience? Is that a good enough source? And what does your comparison have to do with anything? Ruger is one of the largest manufacturers in the country...are you trying to compare them to Smith?

some friendly advise from someone who works with the public...don't mention stats of failure however relevant they may be and what ever your personal experiance may be. Someone will always be there to strike you down, challenge you, embarrass you, or just ruffle your feathers (and no i am not outting anyone what so ever, i work in retail and am just providing my general experience). You do a nice review, if folks don't like your glasses on...well they ain't exactly gotta watch your vid if they dont wanna. That being said, broccoli has some good points as every single manufacturer has failures of all sorts. Honda's break down, so do Benz's. Kenmore fridges die, so do sub zero's. Glocks blow up, M&P's blow up. THEY ALL BREAK. Outting a brand/gun is like wiping before you crap it just doesnt make any sense. People say PK380s blow, mine works just dandy.

Stay relevant, stay on track and you will do just fine. All that behind i like the gun, the gun review, and the niche that it fills! theres alot of people out there with small hands or small frames where a gun like this will win.

Dom

Back
Top Bottom