• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update 2/21 Westford Ban

Thank you for those kind words. I may have stood up first, but I was quickly joined by a lot of good people and I will be forever grateful for their contributions.

You started a preference cascade. A lot of people felt as you did, but no one wanted to be the first to say something. You took that first, very important, step. There is no way to tell if you hadn't whether or not someone else would have. Had they not, then there is a good chance that the ban would have advanced.

You deserve the accolades you are receiving.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. I've been seeing far to many Robert Jefferies' yard signs around Westford, who are the pro-2a selectman candidates in the race?

And just in case it goes unnoticed, Deb spent time helping me and my Lady pick out a gun. Took her to the range, shot with her, provided a couple of different guns AND ammo for her to shoot, all while this crap was going on. "Tireless" doesn't even come close!

Westford residents can take just a few minutes at the polls to replace selectman Bob Jefferies tomorrow, Tuesday.

The Truth about the Attempted Gun Grab by Bob Jefferies - Westford, MA Patch

Do it!

And also, Dan Winslow is the only one of the three R's to say he would support the 2A. The D's are pretty bad all around this time.

Also, Winslow was the ONLY ONE who bothered to show up at the Mass Sportsman's Council Annual Meeting. That says something right there.

Last edited:
I voted on my way into work this morning. The counter on the machine, when I inserted my two ballots, was 13 and 14.

I doubt we will get a big turnout, but I hope like hell that Jeffries goes. I see a lot more Peraner-Sweet signs around town, so she may be tougher to oust.

Breaking news from Westford Patch, final results:
Hazelton 1859

Peraner-Sweet 1798

Jarvie 1654

Jefferies 1206

It's too bad we couldn't oust both incumbents, but chief gun grabber Jefferies came in dead last! Bye Bye.

Gut feel says if it hadn't been combined with the special primary, we would've had a better shot of beating both.

Breaking news from Westford Patch, final results:
Hazelton 1859

Peraner-Sweet 1798

Jarvie 1654

Jefferies 1206

It's too bad we couldn't oust both incumbents, but chief gun grabber Jefferies came in dead last! Bye Bye.

Gut feel says if it hadn't been combined with the special primary, we would've had a better shot of beating both.

Nice. One step at a time.

Nice. I can't wait until Ross is up for re-election.

Next year!

And so is Wormell and she helped us out. In fact she helped run Hazelton's campaign.

Not a bad showing for Jarvie. He's only been in town 3 years. Hazelton has been in town for a very long time and held many positions on town boards.

"Losing on principle is sublime."
I think someone should keep an eye on Mr. Jefferies. He doesn't sound quite right. Who knows what he's capable of after a defeat like this.

I think someone should keep an eye on Mr. Jefferies. He doesn't sound quite right. Who knows what he's capable of after a defeat like this.

Don't worry, we have our eyes on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, we have our eyes on him.

When is the next election, and is Jeffries considering running? Who can be run against him? NOW is the time to get this lined up, not after he has done all the background legwork and announces last minute.

Last edited:
...ETA: Or do you mean the next election, when he could run for a seat again? Something tells me Westford residents wouldn't even sign the petition to put him on the ballot.

Yes, the next next one, where he might run again.

Back
Top Bottom