Unlimited Eye Relief - Variable Powered Optic?

SMASHING MACHINE

NES Member
I've been rocking a forward mounted RDS on the railed hand guard of my personal FAL. The micro has been treating me well due to its unlimited eye relief, and I will have little issue with leaving it on for the foreseeable future. The thought of wanting to stretch my rifle out to longer distances raised the question of whether or not variable powered optics (1x4 preferably) existed that allow significant eye relief or even infinite as some RDS. Co-witnessing is of no concern to me at this time, especially since variable optics make co-witness obsolete upon turning on or twisting for increased power.

At this time, I do not want to mount a railed dust covered (DSA or otherwise) for optics, and continue with the quad-railed option up front.

Thanks for your time.

You would need to go with a scout type scope if you want more magnification and keep the optic in the same location. Scout optics are fixed power. If you want a variable, you'll need to mount the optic closer to your eye. The best 1-4X or 1-6X variables give you 3-4" of eye relief so no way you can mount them in front of receiver or over bbl.

Back
Top Bottom