Optic bridging 510c

SwampYankee42

NES Member
Hello NES operators guild
I have a question regarding optic bridging as a big no no
I recently purchased a holosun 510c with QD mount and paired it with a holosun 3x magnifier. It was my desire to install back up irons behind the magnifier that could be deployed when the magnifier was pitched to the side. However, between the Reflex sight and magnifier I am left with only 1 rail slot on the upper if I attach the reflex sight firmly to the upper and dont allow any portion on the mount to bridge onto the floating hand guard.
My question is, due to the nature of the holosun qd mount which has a single screw running thru it is it still considered bridging the optic as long as the centering bolt on the qd mount is going thru a rail slot on the upper? If only part of the clamping mechanism is touching the hand guard is this still considered bridging? I want to mount BUIS but not at the risk of having an inconsistent zero on my reflex and the magnifier is something Id really like to keep on the rifle.
If anyone has experience with this setup and can recommend BUIS that may fit (magpul mbus2 do not) or if bridging the optic only on the very forward clamping portion is acceptable id love some guidance.

For reference this is the mount and separation of the upper and handguard. Would moving it forward one slot onto the hand guard be an issue if the main portion of the qd mount is on the upper reciever? It's the only way to retain the magnifier and also have room for a rear flip up iron sight 20230511_172308.jpg

Back
Top Bottom