Unicorn: Modern, metal-frame .45

Please stop talking about the Korth PRS. It's going to push me into buying one, and it's going to increase the odds that I'll be competing with someone else here in MA for it. [laugh]

You won't, because you'lll be operating at the non retard level to pull that off to begin with. I think Nighthawk is the only Korth importer though, and I dont know if they do the PRS... I know they do the Revolvers.

You won't, because you'll be operating at the non retard level to pull that off to begin with. I think Nighthawk is the only Korth importer though, and I don't know if they do the PRS... I know they do the Revolvers.

Just read someone somewhere saying that they suspected <30 were brought into the US. So much for that.

My P220 is my most accurate out of the box .45auto. My Colt 1911 is more accurate but only after Greg Derr worked his magic. The Sig frame is not steel but it is metal. I'd also look at the CZ 97B.

A Korth sold in a RIA auction for $5750.

I saw that.

Probably easier to try to get one imported somehow, through a place like Edelweiss. No idea how that even works - they do have a Korth revolver up right now though. Some very cool sigs too.

I'd focus on the CZ 97 and the SIG 220. They feel different in terms of grip and balance, so try them both on.

4566, 4516, 4513TSW, 4585, 4553TSW, CS45, and my personal favorite the 457.

All out of production, but if you can find them they are still great shooters. I know of at least one LAPD officer who just bought and qualified with a 4506.

Yes... unfortunately, all becoming rapidly overpriced, as more and more smith foamers get their hands on the things.

3rd gens used to be great value guns a few years ago because they were kicked out and (wrongly, imo) derided as junk, so you could pick them up for a
song. (300, 400 bucks or less) After about 2013 or so most of that went into the shitter.

Yes... unfortunately, all becoming rapidly overpriced, as more and more smith foamers get their hands on the things.

3rd gens used to be great value guns a few years ago because they were kicked out and (wrongly, imo) derided as junk, so you could pick them up for a
song. (300, 400 bucks or less) After about 2013 or so most of that went into the shitter.

I think they got reputational AIDS by association from the Sigmas.

You have to be discerning shopper. In 2019 I bought a 6946, NIB with all paperwork and two 12 round magazines from FS for $325.00 OTD. I bought a CS9 S from a private party in SC for about $450.00. I even bought a 3914DAO from a retired NYPD officer for $480.00.

Patience is the key my friend.

I think they got reputational AIDS by association from the Sigmas.

Nah, not really. Before the Smith ball-sniffers got excited by 3rd gens, they just werent that popular in a land of used Sigs, Berettas and even Ruger robopistols,
etc. Even the ball sniffers didnt pay serious attention to the guns until they stopped making them. I think they would have been more popular, sooner, if not for the magazine
safety. The fact that many of the guns looked "ugly" didnt help either. Gaudy, huge rollmarks didnt likely help either, especialy later.

Like compare this:

1076.jpg

To somehting like this:

sw-model-cs45.gif

Like the first time I saw the CS45 I was literally like:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg02NzsXrJk

It gets better too,

tactical.jpg

In case you didnt know it.

This pistol is TACTICAL
(danger ear rape)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2RG69_PGKk

Now all of that aside. Functionally these were great guns. And once they stopped making them, everyone wants them. Go figure.

I think they would have been able to justify keeping the line going if they switched up the options and finishes a bit.

Last edited:
You have to be discerning shopper. In 2019 I bought a 6946, NIB with all paperwork and two 12 round magazines from FS for $325.00 OTD. I bought a CS9 S from a private party in SC for about $450.00. I even bought a 3914DAO from a retired NYPD officer for $480.00.

Patience is the key my friend.

That's literally "Getting lucky". On the open market none of those guns go for that cheap anymore. The DAO gun though? for what that is, thats not cheap. There was a time where someone selling a DAO 3rd gen would heavily struggle to get even 300 bucks for it, regardless of its condition. (because DAO is poop)

The DAO guns actually have a smoother trigger pull than the TDA guns. There aren't a lot of them in MA because S&W never bothered to get them on the roster..

Among 3rd Gen fans DAO guns are desirable.

Of course people like me raving about how good the 3rd Gen guns are drive up the price.
That's literally "Getting lucky". On the open market none of those guns go for that cheap anymore. The DAO gun though? for what that is, thats not cheap. There was a time where someone selling a DAO 3rd gen would heavily struggle to get even 300 bucks for it, regardless of its condition. (because DAO is poop)

Back
Top Bottom