Ultimate Glock Meltdown!

We are kicking Handgun Month off with a "bang" so to speak with a Glock 17 Meltdown. We had our friends over at Quiet Riot Firearms make the necessary modifications to our Gen 3 Glock 17 in order to add a registered auto sear and help make this baby cook! We think you guys are going to be impressed with the results, and you haters out there will be a bit disappointed. Special thanks to SGM Tactical for providing us with plenty of magazines for this test.

Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ultimate Glock torture test right there.

I don't think there is another handgun in the world that could perform under such conditions.

The ultimate Glock torture test right there.

I don't think there is another handgun in the world that could perform under such conditions.

I don't know about that statement, smaller rounds would produce less heat and one thing that polymer sucks at is heat dissipation. There are guns like Stetchkin that were made to be select fire (auto/semi)

I don't know about that statement, smaller rounds would produce less heat and one thing that polymer sucks at is heat dissipation. There are guns like Stetchkin that were made to be select fire (auto/semi)

Stetchkin: Makarov on steroids.

Pretty amazing though that a polymer frame gun can handle that much torture. That is the definition of a quality tool right there.

All those pretty magazines!!! Bet the video would have sucked and taken 10 times longer with crappy 10 rounders!
Yay for freedom!

Saw this over the weekend. So cool. Aside from the recoil spring rod melting, I bet it never would have stopped if it was continuous semi-auto fire. James Yeager did a torture test with 1000 rounds of semi-auto fire (used a line of shooters so peoples' fingers didn't get tired). In his test the spring guide melted and fell out of the gun, and the gun just kept running anyway. He didn't even replace it.

thats pretty cool but that looks like a test i would NOT want to be holding the glock for.

Saw this over the weekend. So cool. Aside from the recoil spring rod melting, I bet it never would have stopped if it was continuous semi-auto fire. James Yeager did a torture test with 1000 rounds of semi-auto fire (used a line of shooters so peoples' fingers didn't get tired). In his test the spring guide melted and fell out of the gun, and the gun just kept running anyway. He didn't even replace it.

Para did the same thing with a p14 1000 rounds semi auto.........

I was shocked the ak only got like 600-700 rds till the barrel dropped and shifted and prevented it going into battery .

i will admit my polymer frame pistol wouldn't last 1/4 of the time the glock did. but as zera said in planet of the apes (2? 3?) "you're just so damn ugly".

apologies to glock fans. amazing video though

Back
Top Bottom