• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ultimate Carry J-Fame?

Wow. They still offered a couple J frames sans hole. No clue why they can’t just ged rid of the hole all together.
I know their quality isn’t all there but make a new hole free stainless model 16 call it the 616 and I’ll give them some money.

Wow. They still offered a couple J frames sans hole. No clue why they can’t just ged rid of the hole all together.
I know their quality isn’t all there but make a new hole free stainless model 16 call it the 616 and I’ll give them some money.
Pardon the odd question, but what is that hole for on some J frames?

Model 16 ???
Don't you mean Model 60 ???
(we're talking J frames here, right?)
The model 16 is a K frame, a K-32 Masterpiece to be specific.

Fruck, I got a shitload of 32 H&R ammo so I may have to get one just cause, and my New Year's resolution was to cut back on gun buying.

Pardon the odd question, but what is that hole for on some J frames?
Internal lock they started doing during the Clinton administration.
Model 16 ???
Don't you mean Model 60 ???
(we're talking J frames here, right?)
The model 16 is a K frame, a K-32 Masterpiece to be specific.
I’m well aware of the model numbers. I was trying to explain that if they started removing locks and added in 32 it would make a great way to reintroduce the K32. A gun that goes for wild money on the used market and they could finally make some customers happy and make money.

I have one of those Scandium 357's. (340PD???). While I have no desire to shoot 357's out of it on a regular basis, it is damned light, pretty well set up and functions perfectly. I would say it is more of the ultimate carry J frame. I'm thinking upgraded sights on a J frame are not going to be an effective add-on.

If I want "extended range" I've got a myriad of autoloaders to choose from that I can easily reload versus a 5-shot.

I like the chamfered chambers and the internal upgrades are ok, but my 642-1 is a pocket gun (carried in a pocket holster), and I'd be concerned that those sights might snag on clothing during a fast draw under stress. Those little S&W snubs are "GET OFF ME!" guns and and they perform that role pretty well. An important feature is their ability to be brought to bear quickly.

Back
Top Bottom