• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ukraine Deployment Packing List

For purposes of discussion, if one were to deploy to the war zone, what would you recommend bringing?

Particularly interested in recommendations for the following items.
A quality chest rig for AK mags.
A quality shingle for AK mags to hang on the front of body armor.
Combat boots appropriate for the weather conditions.
What is the clear eye pro of choice these days
Camo pattern recommendation

Be as specific as possible, links are appreciated, price not a consideration, thanks for your ideas.

For purposes of discussion, if one were to deploy to the war zone, what would you recommend bringing?

Be as specific as possible, links are appreciated, price not a consideration, thanks for your ideas.
anti-diarrhea pills, socks, flat flask for alcohol, pills for cleaning up water and filter to clean water or drink from the puddles in the ground.

all the clothing you will get from dead bodies when your clothes will be shit in a week. there are no supplies in ukraine now, it is not an american bombing operation with actual working logistics, it is quite different there.

PS. and forgot - 10 blocks of marlboro cigarettes. a universal currency of soldiers.

I wouldn’t count on any camo, or any other item, to not be seen without getting a look at it through whatever type night vision is being used. Certain fabrics, coatings, and materials glow like the sun no mater what color they are in the daylight.
Don‘t count on surplus items being good in this regard either. With multiple washings or certain detergents even fabrics that originally didn’t can start to glow.

I'd use a pair of LL Bean boots.
you do not wear no boots in the russian mud. you wear 'kirzovie sapogi'.
everything else lets in water from the mud you have to go through.

now look at it and think what happens to your feet after you were forced to run 5 miles with a full load of gear on your back. :)
1646746951983.png

Plate carrier Crye Precision JPC 2.0 (multicam tropic), it's modular so you can attach whatever you want to feed that peasant rifle.

Whatever you choose for boots make sure they are waterproof.

Oakley Ballistic Mframe 2.0 clear

I'm 99% sure this is a troll post. However, if an American were to go to Ukraine to enlist, they would more likely than not be more of a liability than an asset.

The first issue is the language barrier. Very few Americans can speak a language native to that area, like Ukrainian, Russian, or Polish. Per Wikipedia, 18% of Ukraine's 40 million people speak English. Some of those 18% have either left Ukraine or are already dead. And having a grasp of English to order food at a restaurant, the typical amount of a foreign language someone learns in school, to being able to communicate military concepts in English, are two vastly different concepts.

Second, because of the language barrier, most Americans in Ukraine would probably be given second-line duty. Jobs that don't require plate carriers or NODs or even guns. Medical roles are a great example. Slap on a red cross armband and start dressing wounds.

At the end of the war, regardless of the outcome, this is likely to be Europe's biggest humanitarian crisis since the Balkans Wars. Crops aren't being planted. Buildings destroyed. Refugees fleeing. No food, no fuel, no clothes. Thus, Ukraine's going to need more people who know how to treat wounds and rebuild more than pull a trigger.

Finally, if you need to ask what you need to bring to Ukraine to survive a war, you probably don't have the experience or arguably mental conditioning to survive a war as a combatant. A war isn't a shopping trip. A war is going to cause severe mental and maybe physical trauma that'll haunt you until you die.

That is a shit ton of assumptions

You and I both know that if this guy was dead serious about joining the Ukrainians, he would've already done it and wouldn't be asking us these questions. We're not the Ukrainian embassy. We're not mercenaries. Most people on here are hobbyists and older, fatter ones at that.

How many people on here have actual combat experience that's relevant to being an effective combatant in Ukraine right now?

Submit (from a location outside the US) a form to renounce your US citizenship, so that you are not used as a bargaining chip should you become captured or killed while in the employ of a foreign nation’s military

Takes negotiations with a hostile foreign nation out of the equation, as you are no longer the concern of the US govt

Plate carrier Crye Precision JPC 2.0 (multicam tropic), it's modular so you can attach whatever you want to feed that peasant rifle.

Whatever you choose for boots make sure they are waterproof.

Oakley Ballistic Mframe 2.0 clear
there are shit ton of armor in post-soviet territories - any police station will have it plenty. none of it will stop a piercing projectile from a SVD or RPK.
all it gets tossed into same mud on a second day of rolling in the mud hiding from shelling and running around in the urban fight. it is a war, not a parading in the .stan nation building among local residents as it restricts your mobility and agility - the only 2 things that will keep you alive.

How many people on here have actual combat experience that's relevant to being an effective combatant in Ukraine right now?
I'm not going to out members that don't post or hardly ever post but you'd be surprised at how many in here that have recently ETS'd and are looking to shoot bad guys again.

36 posts in 13 years and this is the first one in 9 years.

shhhhh. it's not suspicious at all! It hasnt been a non stop daily trend on NES or anything. [rofl]

Also, fake account guy, if you want to bring mag pouches make sure you know what type of AK you'll get. As the 47 and 74 magazines are not shaped the same. Please report this back to your handlers at the FBI/NSA/CIA/State/NBC/MSNBC office you work at. [rofl]

I'm not going to out members that don't post or hardly ever post but you'd be surprised at how many in here that have recently ETS'd and are looking to shoot bad guys again.
i find it rather humorous to see a 'mercs 101' discussion on the forum. a lot of guys who actually get back now to ukraine are folks who did both chechen wars and then afrikan deployments and syria. a lot of them were not at all friends of anything english speaking, you need to be aware of that.

but, yes, enough people do come home now in numbers to protect and avenge what was done to their home and russians will suffer that.

i find it rather humorous to see a 'mercs 101' discussion on the forum. a lot of guys who actually get back now to ukraine are folks who did both chechen wars and then afrikan deployments and syria. a lot of them were not at all friends of anything english speaking, you need to be aware of that.

but, yes, enough people do come home now in numbers to protect and avenge what was done to their home and russians will suffer that.

enough people have come back for this to happen

You'd think that someone seriously considering going over to fight would have their finger on the pulse of "am I needed?" and "who do I contact?"

I have a lot of respect for the people who do it. I don't have much for the people who larp it though.

Back
Top Bottom