U.S. Soldier Survives Taliban - Helmet Cam

There's an airsoft place in the mall here, I think it would be fun to try, and go through the game only trying to hit people in the crotch.

I was struck by how beautiful the landscape is over there... It's a shame the country is populated with such a**h***s.

What distance do you think there shooting? I know when you take pics/record something the camera makes distance seem bigger, I can't see the enemy and wonder how someone could make accurate shots with iron sights at that distance.

What distance do you think there shooting? I know when you take pics/record something the camera makes distance seem bigger, I can't see the enemy and wonder how someone could make accurate shots with iron sights at that distance.

You'd be surprised. I've seen and heard some crazy stories about long range shots with iron sights. Hickok can hit his 230yd 36" gong with a Glock 23. Everything comes into play when shooting long distance and some are better than others.

He's using some sort of ACOG, probably a TA31RCO-M150CP so he's got a decent reticle and some magnification to work with. Still an off the rack M4 is probably a 4 or 5 minute gun at best so even if he's breaking perfect shots the maximum effective range is going to be well under 500-600 yards. Beyond that's it's just suppressive fire really.

I'd say it was closer than it looks based on the accuracy of the fire coming in - they were peppering the ground around him. Well, the ground, his sapi plates, the tube for his M203, his eyepro, etc.

How far do those gernade launchers shoot?

The max i ever got one to is 400ish, and at the point you have no real control over where the hell the thing is going to hit. Just lobbing a 40mm to 400m is a challenge in its own.

I was never good with a 203, but what Jason said, 150, is probably as far as I would dream of hitting anything worth hitting.

I'd say it was closer than it looks based on the accuracy of the fire coming in - they were peppering the ground around him. Well, the ground, his sapi plates, the tube for his M203, his eyepro, etc.

Ahh, he was talking about the bad guy. Hard to say really, depends on what he was shooting. I would guess that even an RPD fired from a stable position could provide reasonably effective area coverage out to 1,000 yards at least. I sure wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of one at that range or even further.

Last edited:
The max i ever got one to is 400ish, and at the point you have no real control over where the hell the thing is going to hit. Just lobbing a 40mm to 400m is a challenge in its own.

I was never good with a 203, but what Jason said, 150, is probably as far as I would dream of hitting anything worth hitting.

I never got to play with any real ones, just the marker rounds, but those were hard to be very precise with. They were in the air for a long time and a lot of things can happen.

Back
Top Bottom