• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

U.S. Soldier Survives Taliban - Helmet Cam

I've never been in combat, much less been shot at, so this is this is mind blowing stuff to me. The channel has a number of "helmet-cam" video of similar nature.

[video=youtube_share;rLHU-_OhT8g]http://youtu.be/rLHU-_OhT8g[/video]

From the notes under the video:

No rounds penetrated his body armor, and he made it home with no permanent injuries. This happened in Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
*READ* From the cameraman:
" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

This footage is part of an ongoing documentation of the war in Afghanistan. Subscribe for more footage uploaded daily.

Last edited:
You could see the rounds hitting the ground as he ran across the hill. Those guys sure do muster up some courage I'm not sure I'd have. I'm glad the body armor saved him.

You could see the rounds hitting the ground as he ran across the hill. Those guys sure do muster up some courage I'm not sure I'd have. I'm glad the body armor saved him.

I definitely makes you wonder how you'd handle something like that. I'd like to think I somehow muster the courage, but really, I have no idea.

that's what it's all about right there. [cheers] real bullets coming and going.

i'm sure every ninja training institute out there can relate to the reality of this. oh wait.

For all of you that say "It's go time"...this is what it's going to be like when the sh*t really does hit the fan....are you really ready for this???

Good on the soldier in the video for reacting the way he did. If I had to guess I'd say this wasn't his first time being shot at. Taking a few rounds in the armor plates has to be about the scariest thing in the world.

For all of you that say "It's go time"...this is what it's going to be like when the sh*t really does hit the fan....are you really ready for this???
You never are, but you adapt and overcome your fear and your enemy.
You'd be very surprised at the amazing fortitude of some people, when literally, the bullets start flying.

-JR

I have the utmost respect for the men and women that serve in our armed forces, and especially those that experience combat. I humbly thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Is anyone ready to be fired on or fire at someone else? Our forefathers were most likely not ready for it either but they did it and if need be some of us will be too. Am I? I wont know till the time comes and unless you have been in combat,neither will you.Or,we can all just say we don't know if we are ready to engage at go time so lets just let the govt run right over us and do nothing.That doesn't sound good to me.

Is anyone ready to be fired on or fire at someone else? Our forefathers were most likely not ready for it either but they did it and if need be some of us will be too. Am I? I wont know till the time comes and unless you have been in combat,neither will you.Or,we can all just say we don't know if we are ready to engage at go time so lets just let the govt run right over us and do nothing.That doesn't sound good to me.

Very well said! I think the best we can do is just keep our skills sharp, and do the best we can to keep our mindset prepared so that if the SHTF we have a plan of some sort to guide us. You can't live a happy life if you go about your day to day activities worried that something bad could happen, but having the right mindset can go a long way to making the right choices if/when something does happen.

This guy made a baddecision. He is risking his team mate's life and his life as well. Really running down the mountain is not a good idea. Running up is not a good idea either. It will wear you down fast with those sapi plates -_-". Poor guy. I hope he didn't get PTSD after this mission or a nightmare. God bless our troops and Remember those Army ranger and Delta force lost their life in Operation Irene oct 03 1993.

This guy made a baddecision. He is risking his team mate's life and his life as well. Really running down the mountain is not a good idea. Running up is not a good idea either. It will wear you down fast with those sapi plates -_-". Poor guy. I hope he didn't get PTSD after this mission or a nightmare. God bless our troops and Remember those Army ranger and Delta force lost their life in Operation Irene oct 03 1993.

You are awesome.

I disagree with your assertion that he made a bad decision. You may think running up or down the mountain are bad choices but a) you don't have all the information on the situation that he did on the ground and b) what you are suggesting leaves him mostly with sitting in one spot and anyone with combat experience will tell you that rule number one is ANY decision is better than no decision at all.

Pretty easy to Monday Morning QB a guy from the comfort of your house 6000 miles from the action. Unless you are currently in Afghanistan and I missed that or your post was somehow supposed to be sarcastic and my sarcasm-meter needs to be calibrated, in which case, carry on.

I disagree with your assertion that he made a bad decision. You may think running up or down the mountain are bad choices but a) you don't have all the information on the situation that he did on the ground and b) what you are suggesting leaves him mostly with sitting in one spot and anyone with combat experience will tell you that rule number one is ANY decision is better than no decision at all.

Pretty easy to Monday Morning QB a guy from the comfort of your house 6000 miles from the action. Unless you are currently in Afghanistan and I missed that or your post was somehow supposed to be sarcastic and my sarcasm-meter needs to be calibrated, in which case, carry on.

You can be right and wrong but i have no military experience so i can't judge or say anything on how the guy should have done but if i were him. i will make sure my guys will cover me while i am moving down the mountain. But after all he is safe that is matter. Hhaha that would be scary if he got lost with his squad and they couldn't find him. He didn't have a radio on him either. Well my buddy is in Kunar, Afghanistan right now. :D

This guy made a baddecision. He is risking his team mate's life and his life as well. Really running down the mountain is not a good idea.

he was running down the mountain to draw fire so his squad, who was pinned down, could escape.....
he made the best decision and could've paid for it with his life.

why don't you try to learn something before you flap your empty head....

What side is he on?

bwah ha ha haha +1

Last edited:
He's our resident airsoft pro.

He's our resident airsoft pro.

(grizzled voice with 1000 yard stare)
Have you ever been pinned down with the polypropylene flying? Seen your brothers screaming for eye pro, and you can't do anything about it.... Yeah I thought so. Ever battled a type 4 magazine malfunction or been in the shit with no green gas.... (voice trails off)

(grizzled voice with 1000 yard stare)
Have you ever been pinned down with the polypropylene flying? Seen your brothers screaming for eye pro, and you can't do anything about it.... Yeah I thought so. Ever battled a type 4 magazine malfunction or been in the shit with no green gas.... (voice trails off)

WTF, hahahaha. You win an internet.

You seem to know an awful lot about Airsoft... [wink]

Hahahaa.
Fif.jpg

WTF, hahahaha. You win an internet.

:D rainy day stuck in house with kids

Back
Top Bottom