U. S. Navy Presidential Drill Team

(MODS: I put this in General because it is firearms related. If incorrect, please move. Thank you.)

(I did a search for this and came up with no hits.)

A friend of mine recently sent me an email with a link attached. I'm posting them below. I found it extremely impressive. I hope you will as well. [grin]

About three years ago, our US Navy Ceremonial Guard Silent Drill Team was Invited to compete in an International Tattoo in Norway . The Navy competed Against military units from all over NATO and won first place.

Once you see the video you'll understand why they won.

Link to video.

I was in the Honor Guard in boot but we did not drill like that. Outstanding!

When I was in boot camp I was in in the Honor Guard as part of a State Flag drill team. We would march with flags mixed in with the Rifle Honor Guard, who would drill similiarly like the guys on the video. They were obviously not of that caliber, but they were pretty good. It was a LOT of fun. Yep, I said it. Fun at Boot Camp. Go figure. We marched together in three parades, including one through downtown Chicago. What a thrill that was.

I remember watching two of the rifleman practicing one night and one of them made a mistake and actually cracked the rifle across the head of the other guy. Luckily he was OK, but he had a massive headache for a few days. He was down and unconscious for several minutes though.

Outstanding drill !

When I served, the Navy had just transitioned away from the crackerjacks and we had those god-awful bus driver dress uniforms.

Damm, those crackerjacks are sharp !

Outstanding drill !

When I served, the Navy had just transitioned away from the crackerjacks and we had those god-awful bus driver dress uniforms.

Damm, those crackerjacks are sharp !

I guess I'm in a minority for not liking the Crackerjack uniforms. I'm not fond of uniforms where I can't carry my wallet or keys and have a ton of buttons [thinking]

I guess I'm in a minority for not liking the Crackerjack uniforms. I'm not fond of uniforms where I can't carry my wallet or keys and have a ton of buttons [thinking]

I thought the Crackerjack uniform was sharp, but I agree they were a big PITA. Had to wear them for Liberty Call in Australia. Imagine thousands of sailors migrating into Sydney wearing thier Crackerjacks after being at sea for 6 months in the Indian Ocean. Everyone looked great. Now picture the same thousands of drunk off their ass sailors at Kings Crossing in their Crackerjacks. Flap hanging open, flap only up part way, flap completely ripped off, pants gone, etc'. What a site. I have a pic somewhere. I need to dig that out. Those were the days! [laugh]

I thought the Crackerjack uniform was sharp, but I agree they were a big PITA. Had to wear them for Liberty Call in Australia. Imagine thousands of sailors migrating into Sydney wearing thier Crackerjacks after being at sea for 6 months in the Indian Ocean. Everyone looked great. Now picture the same thousands of drunk off their ass sailors at Kings Crossing in their Crackerjacks. Flap hanging open, flap only up part way, flap completely ripped off, pants gone, etc'. What a site. I have a pic somewhere. I need to dig that out. Those were the days! [laugh]

Yeah, those guys gave us good drunk sailors a bad name. All you needed was the two top corner buttons on the flap if you were doing serious drinking.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom