Typical Anti response to shooting - NSFW-

" I don't advise convenience stores to keep weapons on the premises, because that just escalates the violence"

You really can't escalate it much more when the BG pulls a gun on you. It's pretty much "escalated"...

" I don't advise convenience stores to keep weapons on the premises, because that just escalates the violence"

A$$Hat

Convenience Store Robbery - Clerk Wins

what the guy fails to realize is, that gun at the convenience store STOPPED the violence. If that guy can guarantee me that someone who is pulling a gun on me isnt going to fire it, then perhaps he might be able to make his argument (I will still disagree with him). However, since he cannot see even one second into the future, I would rather dictate how those seconds are spent, not by him and certainly not by the assailant.

what the guy fails to realize is, that gun at the convenience store STOPPED the violence. If that guy can guarantee me that someone who is pulling a gun on me isnt going to fire it, then perhaps he might be able to make his argument (I will still disagree with him). However, since he cannot see even one second into the future, I would rather dictate how those seconds are spent, not by him and certainly not by the assailant.
Actually, it escalated it. What's important is that it stopped the clerk from becoming a victim.

Thats exactly why they make guns. [smile]
Exactly, exactly.

Those who have the desire and will to victimize another by means of violence will not be stopped while committing an act of violence by nonviolent means. However, they may be prevented from committing an act of violence by nonviolent means.
Until that understanding is included into the lexicon of those who would disarm law-abiding citizens then there is nothing to discuss with these folks.
They have their statistics, we have our's. And, as the great H J Simpson stated "Facts can be used to prove anything even remotely true."

The outcome is exactly how it should be with the bad guy dead or dying on the ground. What gets me is how the would be robber reacted to the gunshots. Instead of running, he jumps on the counter "into" the line of fire"? That makes no sense at all. Yeah, I know that some people or just dumbasses, but geez, that takes stupid to a whole new level. At least he's been removed from the gene pool.

It is necessary to escalate the violence when confronted with violence. Playing dead only works on certain species of bear. Violent criminals are a slight bit smarter.

first video: shot placement, shot placement. she should have dropped the BG with the first shot. period.

second video: why was that lady that came in after the clerk got dropped not jumping over the counter to get on the phone to get him some assistance?

"For make no mistake: Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism -- it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason."

Barack Hussein Obama, Dec 10, 2009

"For make no mistake: Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism -- it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason."

Barack Hussein Obama, Dec 10, 2009

That may be the most truthful thing [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] his teleprompter has ever said.

Maybe a SMAW or something?
I blew wine out my nose when I read that!

Did you ever see the Blues Brothers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWHSwj1_ieQ
500px-BB-SP1-2.jpg

Last edited:
You really can't escalate it much more when the BG pulls a gun on you. It's pretty much "escalated"...

That's just a ruse.

They just don't like confrontation and people defending themselves.

I'll simplify their pacifist mantra: If you are ever confronted, don't defend yourself, give the robber anything he wants and don't be a hero.

The outcome is exactly how it should be with the bad guy dead or dying on the ground. What gets me is how the would be robber reacted to the gunshots. Instead of running, he jumps on the counter "into" the line of fire"? That makes no sense at all. Yeah, I know that some people or just dumbasses, but geez, that takes stupid to a whole new level. At least he's been removed from the gene pool.

Sort of. The best outcome would be the situation never coming to fruition.

I don't think the old lady noticed him on the ground, I think they fired shots at her on the way out and she didn't notice that either. It is very disturbing to see what really happens out there to people. I can't understand why people wouldn't want to be armed knowing that violent threats are out there especially at stores and such. That clerk didn't even notice the second guy come in! It would have been nice to see him draw a .45 and drop the POS!

This one bothers me more....one BG gets the drop on 4 guys.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=68b_1172991463

What is apparent in all these vids, is how quickly the situation goes from ok to bad...the clerk who was killed didn't have a chance because of the counter setup and the BG's at 90deg positions. [thinking]

OK! that one is pretty bad too! Situations do happen quickly and you really only seconds to read whats going on. It would have been nice to see the guy who knocked the gun out of the way actually take it out of the situation, he did try though. I can say one thing if one of them knew t just get a finger in his eye as far into his head that would have stopped him...[thinking]

That clerk didn't even notice the second guy come in!
Kind of odd, that - many Stop & Robs have a sensor that rings a bell or beeps or something when the door opens, especially at night. Or at least they did when I worked at one while in college, back in the early 80s.

These videos just reinforce my desire to NEVER work at one again. And to always carry whenever possible.

Back
Top Bottom