Two questions

1903Collector

NES Member
1. Neck turning and reaming - Any one here do it? None of my bolt guns have match chambers and such so would it be worth it to do for 308. This is about the only step I don't do to squeeze every little bit out of a round and I already get nice groups out to 300 which is as far as I can shoot around here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. I bought four bags of Win 308 brass a while back and just started to use them this weekend. I noticed there were quite a few that measured less than the 2.005" trim length listed in the manuals. They went from 2.001"-2.004". They were not all like that many went up to 2.011" but the whole bag was very inconsistent. I ususally use once fired brass not brand spankin new and have never run into this before. Are there any safety considerations on using those below minimum case.. I imagine they will stretch a bit after the first or second firing and be above minimum.

Thanks.

On question one,unless you've had a custom match rifle built neck turning doesn't help that much. On the short cases after sizing and being fired a few times they will stretch some trim as needed

Back
Top Bottom