many questions

OK, just three questions, and only 2serious

Dillon 650: The case drops from the feed tube, but then gets cockeyed in the feed plate. This makes the block that pushes it into station 1 lock up, and I have auto manually uncock it. Other times, it pushes it into station one, but above the steel plate. Any ideas?

Dillon primer pickup tubes: Is anyone else getting primers stuck in these? This never happened in 11 years, then this year I have lost 3 tubes due to primers jammed in them. I think they were all federal.

"WMA 12” brass: Where are these manufactured, so I can hex them with witchcraft. I lose many, many primers to this lousy crimped brass. Those things ain't cheap or easy to get!

Last edited:
The first issue: are you fully pushing the press handle forward (like you are seating a primer in a case)?

>gets cockeyed in the feed plate
are you sure you run the correct adapter in there, on the tube? try the .308 one for laughs and see if other caliber cases will stop going sideways.

>"WMA 12” brass
get a primer pocket reamer, put it into a drill and run those military crimped cases through it, so it would cut off a ledge on the edge of primer pocket. just swaggin it does not help much.

Call Dillon, they are guaranteed for life, but PatMcD had a great point. I have a 650 and handle has to go ALL the way down and push back till it stops. Good luck

"Cockeyed in the feed plate"- Seems I have this problem with .223/5.56 when de-priming only. Doesn't do this when dumping primed cases to load.
(I just started to de-prime on the 650, always used another press before this...)
ETA:
Did more this morning and noticed mine are wobbling and falling forward. If I don't notice right away, they get caught in the case slide. I found a chunk of brass stuck in the grooved portion of my case slide and a gouge in it. Dressed it with a file and will see if that makes it better....
The fiber block that pushes the cases into the shell plate has what looks to me like a worn area where it hits the case, not sure if there since new? I've put an absolute shhitt load through my 650 in the years since I got it...

Attachments

• FB4BF29C-1905-40D5-B650-0B639EA5AFDB.jpeg
    FB4BF29C-1905-40D5-B650-0B639EA5AFDB.jpeg
    611.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 0998E9B5-DB7D-4BD8-B3E4-0278672FB86D.jpeg
    0998E9B5-DB7D-4BD8-B3E4-0278672FB86D.jpeg
    476.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
"Cockeyed in the feed plate"- Seems I have this problem with .223/5.56 when de-priming only. Doesn't do this when dumping primed cases to load.
(I just started to de-prime on the 650, always used another press before this...)
ETA:
Did more this morning and noticed mine are wobbling and falling forward. If I don't notice right away, they get caught in the case slide. I found a chunk of brass stuck in the grooved portion of my case slide and a gouge in it. Dressed it with a file and will see if that makes it better....
The fiber block that pushes the cases into the shell plate has what looks to me like a worn area where it hits the case, not sure if there since new? I've put an absolute shhitt load through my 650 in the years since I got it...
2nd issue likely resolved. I had a dent, a gouge and a missing chunk the slide plate. I'll get a new one from Dillon.
I’ll clean those tubes next time I am in the basement

Thank you all

The de-capping issue has been solved. Apparently having multiple crushed 22 cases impaled on the de-capping pin decreases the effectiveness of the die.

I have an RCBS Rock Chucker setup that I use to de-cap all my brass before I throw them in the cleaner. I like to get the primer pocket cleaned. By the time the brass goes through my 650 it has already been de-capped.

I've used some of the canned air to spray down the tubes and clean stuff out.
I was able to twist some 22 patches and use the primer follower rod to push them through. I also replaced the yellow pickup caps.

Also looking for some patience, so when something isn't working, I step back and analyze instead of unproductive cursing.

Bitching and moaning won't fix anything but it definitely makes you feel better. The only time I've had a shell fail to go into station 1 on the 650 was when the rim was bent or a spent primer was dragging on the slide.

Just to follow up on the falling over issue...
When I received the new case slide part from Dillon I compared the new and old. I found the old part had a dished-out/worn area where the case dropped onto it.
The new part took care of the problem...

Back
Top Bottom