• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any questions about our policy?

Dont agree Dont order
I dont like that they charge your CC before its ready to ship.
I cant see any reason they cant dedicate someone to emails.

That email would motivate me to order elsewhere. I wanted to order some bullets from a vendor about 2 weeks ago, and had a couple questions. Got a reply from one of the owners on the weekend. I ordered 1,000 on the spot, and will likely order again.

Dont agree Dont order
I dont like that they charge your CC before its ready to ship.
I cant see any reason they cant dedicate someone to emails.
Lol so you're going to pay for an FTE to reply to armflapper emails all day with non answers? Most of these guys making bullets are balls to the wall right now.

Fun protip: right now in the industry an easy 50-80% of inquiries via phone or email do not result in additional economic activity for your business because once you explain to the arm flappers that they're not getting their product tomorrow they lose interest and go somewhere else.... it's literally not even a loss to just ignore them. Established/existing customers will buy everything you can make right now and then some.

This is a polite version of what I call "firing the customer."

Lol so you're going to pay for an FTE to reply to armflapper emails all day with non answers? Most of these guys making bullets are balls to the wall right now.

Fun protip: right now in the industry an easy 50-80% of inquiries via phone or email do not result in additional economic activity for your business because once you explain to the arm flappers that they're not getting their product tomorrow they lose interest and go somewhere else.... it's literally not even a loss to just ignore them. Established/existing customers will buy everything you can make right now and then some.

This is a polite version of what I call "firing the customer."
I was only taking about responding to orders in place.
I know “the Phone” hardly ever brings in additional work at the shop , its really only good for making appointments.

That email would motivate me to order elsewhere. I wanted to order some bullets from a vendor about 2 weeks ago, and had a couple questions. Got a reply from one of the owners on the weekend. I ordered 1,000 on the spot, and will likely order again.

That's not an email.

It's the notice right up front on their site.
Personally, I like it. I'm a big believer in "setting and managing expectations".

For example -
I ordered .45aarp dies from Dillon on 01/12. At the time, they said ETA 14 weeks - so I've got 04/27 marked down as a delivery date. If the dies arrive before or around that date, I'll be happy - they're managing my expectations.

I ordered a set of chokes from Briley this past Sunday, (the 7th). Since they were listed on their site as in stock, I expected them to ship out Monday or Tuesday. I got an email last night with a tracking number, they're enroute.

The places I order bullets from have been slammed. Each of them have notices front and center on their web site telling you what to expect. I'm good with that. I just thought this one was particularly funny/poignant/clear.

Saw this update from RMR. Looks like it will be up and running very soon. Good thing too because I places an order a week and a half ago.

Stole this out of another thread on here.

Hey, at least they've increased the equipment line to up production. If they're that far out for 9mm, must be a massive demand for em. Shows at least they're willing to "go extra" to meet the current shortage.
If I had to have jacketed 9, it'd be from this place.

Even a lot of the coated lead or plated places are still 12-14 weeks out.

I'm a fan.

I hate being coddled by retailers, whether it's online or in a store. I don't need anyone to hold my hand and make me feel special. Tell me upfront what you can do and what your limitations are, and let me make my own call.

The kind of notice in the OP would make me WANT to shop there.

What's the eta on those 1000 bullets you ordered?

All that post on the vendors site states is basically "were backed up as f***......your order is 12 weeks away......come to terms with it before you buy".

I see no problem with it.

What's the eta on those 1000 bullets you ordered?

All that post on the vendors site states is basically "were backed up as f***......your order is 12 weeks away......come to terms with it before you buy".

I see no problem with it.
Ordered Feb 22, received March 3rd.

I've ordered from a few different vendors, trying to stick with projectiles in-stock.

Vendors that are upfront like this are great, especially ones that put their policies right out on the website too. I hate getting to the checkout and finding that the vendor won't ship to MA, so now that's the first thing I check for when I go to a new vendor. Some make it so freakin' difficult to see their shipping policies. If I can't find the policy on their website I don't bother to even email them.

Back
Top Bottom