Two masked home invaders are met by armed resident n MA today.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/15/person-shot-dorchester-boston-police-actively-investigating/UdtQq2mgTyoEiMjuT1mDeO/story.html

Two masked men who forced their way into a Dorchester apartment this morning were met by an armed resident who opened fire on the attackers, killing one and chasing the other out of the building where he was soon arrested by Boston police still armed with a firearm, Commissioner William Evans said today.

The surviving armed invader is under arrest and expected to appear in a Boston courtroom later today.
The resident at 85 Esmond St. is also in custody, but has not yet been charged with any crime because police are trying to determine if he was licensed to possess a firearm, according to Evans and Superintendent-in-Chief William Gross.
The invader who was shot ran from the apartment, but collapsed on the front steps of the building, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
Police notified the Salvation Army’s Children Learning Center on nearby Wales Street about the incident, and a staffer said in a brief telephone interview that the shooting has not impacted their program. “Everything is OK here,’’ the staffer said. “No problem.’’
Police have closed Esmond Street while they investigate.

I like how their main concern in that article is whether or not the guy was licensed to possess a firearm and not the fact that two degenerates were doing a good old fashioned B&E.

From the article:

Police notified the Salvation Army’s Children Learning Center on nearby Wales Street about the incident, and a staffer said in a brief telephone interview that the shooting has not impacted their program. “Everything is OK here,’’ the staffer said. “No problem.’’

No shelter in place, no "cowerdown", at this facility? Amazing.

I'm sure they'll throw the book at the homeowner. God forbid you don't shelter in place & wait for the police to show up so that you can be taken hostage.

Evans said the homeowner was also arrested as police work to determine if his actions were justified. Investigators also planned to check the resident's gun permit

A gun permit takes about 2 minutes to verify. This is BS.

"Police allege a resident shot one suspect on the front stoop. The suspect died from their injuries."

If it was indeed the front stoop (and not just JBT and MSM propaganda), I fear this guy is in trouble.

Why is the homeowner in custody if they don't know anything? He hasn't been charged. The police are trying to determine if he should railroaded, uhh, charged with something. Does this mean that I can be after a traffic stop to try determine if my Drivers License is valid?

“Our guys were in the right place at the right time,’’ said Superintendent-in-Chief William Gross. “What’s important here is to note that we have all involved parties accounted for.”

ah, no, actually you were not. You weren't in the property ready to defend the homeowner!
Simply one more instance where the LEO's perform clean up

check his permit? that takes literally as much time as the homeowner needs to walk to his wallet and remove his LTC.

guy has people bust into his home and has to kill one, and what do the authorities do? hassle him more.

licensed or not doesn't matter, guy was defending himself in his own home.

Why is the homeowner in custody if they don't know anything? He hasn't been charged. The police are trying to determine if he should railroaded, uhh, charged with something.

Standard procedure after most shootings, even if it is most likely a clean shoot.

- - - Updated - - -

check his permit? that takes literally as much time as the homeowner needs to walk to his wallet and remove his LTC.

guy has people bust into his home and has to kill one, and what do the authorities do? hassle him more.

licensed or not doesn't matter, guy was defending himself in his own home.

That may be true or it may not be. We just don't know. The press reports are minimal and the press often gets the facts wrong. Maybe they BPD are screwing a good guy. Or maybe not.

I wouldn't doubt that the idiot who wrote the article simlpy assumed the homeowner was arrested when in reality he may have just been taken for questioning.

Good for him. Hopefully this will get plenty of news coverage so people realize that waiting for police to come and rescue you isn't realisitic most of the time. Having a gun ready to go is a much better option.

Just remember that when men in masks enter your home in Liberalville, you're to shelter in place & call 911.

Everybody needs to slow down. After every shooting people are brought in for questioning and to get a statement. Look at Zimmerman, he was in the PD for a while.

if he shot the guy on stoop hes screwed..... if it was in the house i'd still say jail this is mass afterall. but hope he gets away with protecting himself. they propbably broke into other houses that day too...

If this wasn't in dorchester, I would probably think this is on the up and up, but the fact that they knew eachother just wreaks of a drug deal gone bad!

police said they believe the parties were known to each other

Not a big surprise, but that doesn't imply much about whether or not the shooting was justified.

- - - Updated - - -

If this wasn't in dorchester, I would probably think this is on the up and up, but the fact that they knew eachother just wreaks of a drug deal gone bad!

That was my assumption to begin with, but time will tell.

if he shot the guy on stoop hes screwed..... if it was in the house i'd still say jail this is mass afterall. but hope he gets away with protecting himself. they propbably broke into other houses that day too...

A stoop is connected to a house no? Does Mass literally only mean INSIDE the house? Meaning, if two guys (one with a gun) break down your door, and you are standing there inside looking at your now broken down door, and you shoot them you are ****ed?

Please tell me Mass isn't that bad.

A stoop is connected to a house no? Does Mass literally only mean INSIDE the house? Meaning, if two guys (one with a gun) break down your door, and you are standing there inside looking at your now broken down door, and you shoot them you are ****ed?

Please tell me Mass isn't that bad.

i think mass is this bad. I think it has to be inside the threshold to be considered inside the home. Hell even if he shot the guy at the door and the guy fell backwards outside and died it would probably be bad even if it was a good shoot.

Why does it matter if they knew each other? At the time of the shooting, the intruders were masked. I don't think the armed guy had x-ray vision.

Back
Top Bottom