• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TSA@LaGuardia saves passengers from injection-molded Airsoft triggers,...

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
...claims they are "3-D printed gun triggers."
Thread by @TSA_Northeast on Thread Reader App
The @TSA team at @LGAairport caught these two 3-D printed gun triggers inside a traveler's carry-on bag this morning. So yes, even 3-D printed weapons (or gun parts) can be detected by the security checkpoint technology. They would be okay to have been packed in a checked bag.

Farbstein runs a good, tight ship. I feel safer now. Maybe we need TSA screening illegals rather than DHS. DHS and BPS allow fully functional weapons to cross the boarder.

What danger does a plastic trigger shaped object pose?
TSA is 99% BS in their decision making. They've stopped me before for a fishing hook I forgot on my hat, but did not mention anything about the retractable razor in my carry on.

They do have a strict "no parts" policy from what I understand. I think they're imagining some ridiculous movie plot where dozens of passengers each bring in one part of a gun and it gets assembled in the air.

What danger does a plastic trigger shaped object pose?
1sc9q1.jpg
TSA is 99% BS in their decision making. ... They do have a strict "no parts" policy from what I understand. I think they're imagining some ridiculous movie plot where dozens of passengers each bring in one part of a gun and it gets assembled in the air.
Hence the term "Airsoft"...

TSA is 99% BS in their decision making. They've stopped me before for a fishing hook I forgot on my hat, but did not mention anything about the retractable razor in my carry on.

They do have a strict "no parts" policy from what I understand. I think they're imagining some ridiculous movie plot where dozens of passengers each bring in one part of a gun and it gets assembled in the air.
TSA told me that even though one part is meaningless, if enough people took one part a gun could be assembled

Last edited:
I must be confused about how a gun works because it seems to me that if TSA simply prevented, oh, I dunno, the BARREL from getting through then maybe it doesn’t matter a monkey’s flea’s scrotum how many other parts are in some peoples’s pocketses.

I swear TSA hires on a bell curve; you must score below this number to be hired. Uncontrolled drooling syndrome automatically deducts 5 points.

Can I find 34 friends who like Glocks and want to go on a vacation?

Let's test this out.

If you are more sacred than the other 33 air travelers you can carry a pair of spring cups.

I got dibs on the trigger housing pin. Maybe I can hide it in my shoe.

Back
Top Bottom