• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

Trump is the biggest enemy of the 2nd we may have ever had in office.

Reagan?
Bush sr?
Did you forget about the president's before Billy Clinton that took your rights?
So you must have voted for Hilary?
Better pull out that check book and send some money to Wayne LaPierre for some new suits...I mean to help fight against trump.

He's got to have people telling him that one more hit to 2A and he's going to loose a shit ton of votes.
You would hope.
I'm betting Don JR. has a few of his own.
What will be interesting is the NRA reaction.
Back the bus over us this time and the last one out can shut off the lights.

He's got to have people telling him that one more hit to 2A and he's going to loose a shit ton of votes....
Maybe, but probably not. Is it in any gun owners best interest to vote D, or 3rd party? D won't use lube and 3rd party will never win. Staying home is the same as voting D.

He doesn’t like em.

Maybe he just likes it loud!!!!!

Who cares what he likes? It’s an opinion, not a confiscation.

32kxti.jpg

Update

Trump says some Americans have a 'tremendous amount of fun' with semi-automatic assault rifles | Daily Mail Online

Trump says he will have 'serious look' at banning silencers on guns because he doesn't like 'idea' of them as he defends right to own semi-automatic weapons that can be a 'tremendous amount of fun'
  • Trump said many Americans have a 'tremendous amount of fun' with AR-15 rifles
  • He added if civilians at Bataclan shooting had guns less would have been killed
  • President added he did not like the 'idea' of silencers and is considering a ban
  • Civilians would be left as 'sitting ducks' if guns were taken away, Trump added

... Hillary didn't get in but she would've been worse
She probably would have wanted worse but when dems are in charge the RINO's seem to grow a spine and fight against gun control but when one of their own is in they seem to have no problem with passing gun control.

He's a smart man. But you can't be smart in every arena all the time. He should probably read some more two-corinthians about carrying a silencer. It's all in there. And we know he's a big fan of two-corinthians.

He, like most people, has watched too many Bourne movies.

Sounds to me like he's got his head on straight wrt firearms.....he just needs an education on silencers/accessories
Yes, if he means what he says but we've already seen that he's broken his word about the days of infringing on the 2nd are over that he said at the first NRA convention. It'll be great if you're right but his actions so far have me concerned.

Is he going to get the ATF to ignore the NFA again??? This is just a stupid side-track to a well planned appeal of our God-given (F Constitutional - they only AFFIRM that we have those rights!) rights in the court system. Making us argue the NFA is valid is NOT going to help our cause in the end.

I was thinking about this whole thing on the way into work this morning. I voted for Trump because of all he was running on, which unfortunately he has been willing to let slide and/or has had no support to get it done from even the Repub party. What I'm concerned with is if he does win in 2020, and by all indications right now, he probably will, is that as a lame duck president, what are his priorities going to be? This could be a double edged sword. He couldn't give a flip what his detractors want or are trying to do and then on the other hand he may start showing colors that we suspected he was hiding and come out as very anti 2A and clean our clocks.

Like I said, I voted for him because...Hillary but, I still don't trust him.

I was thinking about this whole thing on the way into work this morning. I voted for Trump because of all he was running on, which unfortunately he has been willing to let slide and/or has had no support to get it done from even the Repub party. What I'm concerned with is if he does win in 2020, and by all indications right now, he probably will, is that as a lame duck president, what are his priorities going to be? This could be a double edged sword. He couldn't give a flip what his detractors want or are trying to do and then on the other hand he may start showing colors that we suspected he was hiding and come out as very anti 2A and clean our clocks.

Like I said, I voted for him because...Hillary but, I still don't trust him.
The way it typically goes is they play centrist the first term and then show their true colors the second term. Hoping he's more of a 2a supporter than he's lead people to believe.

All I can hope for right now is Eric Trump, he's the big sport shooter in the family, goes to his dad and tells him why not to ban suppressors and instead get them removed from the NFA.

Unfortunately, there's next to nothing we can do to get Trump's attention on gun related issues, so it is what it is. Thankfully, Trump has absolutely no power to do anything regarding suppressors. There's no executive orders he can make that can ban suppressors (unless the argument is made that they're not firearms and thus not protected by the 2nd amendment) and nothing the ATF can do either. It's all up to Congress and congress isn't going to take suppressors from NFA status to outright ban.

They could however "Hughes" suppressors and actually "Hughes" all NFA items, short barrel rifles/shotguns included, and remove the ability to register guns and suppressors and leave us stuck with whatever has already been registered.

The way it typically goes is they play centrist the first term and then show their true colors the second term. Hoping he's more of a 2a supporter than he's lead people to believe.

I suspect it will go the other direction - he paid enough lip service to gun owners to convince just enough of them that he was on our side to get elected. If he wins a second term then his true colors will show through even more than they already have and he'll support even more bans.

"But mlaboss, wouldn't that infuriate a large portion of the Republican base and potentially tank the Republicans' chances of winning the presidency for decades?"

Probably. You think Trump gives a shit?

That would require him to think about what he says for at least a millisecond.

On the plus side, maybe this will convince even more people that Trump is no friend to gun owners.

Yes, but let's pause for a moment and reflect on Hillary's reaction, had she won the election.

"I have asked Congress to draft emergency legislation banning these devices of silent death and will sign it, unread, even before it is passed." -Cankles

Yes, but let's pause for a moment and reflect on Hillary's reaction, had she won the election.

"I have asked Congress to draft emergency legislation banning these devices of silent death and will sign it, unread, even before it is passed." -Cankles

But if Hillary was in office, all the Fudds would fight her on principle, her being an eeevil Democrat and all.

Because Trump wants it, they'll gladly roll over.

I think Mike hit the nail on the head. It's just grandstanding. Maybe he'll have the ATF do a "study" on the topic. One that will conveniently run until just after he gets reelected.

But if Hillary was in office, all the Fudds would fight her on principle, her being an eeevil Democrat and all.

Sadly, lots of fudds don't see her as evil. Just another politician they don't care for.

I sometimes grit my teeth over Trumps actions, but it is far, faaaaaar better than the alternatives last go round. And the crop for 2020 so far isn't looking much better.

He's a smart man. But you can't be smart in every arena all the time. He should probably read some more two-corinthians about carrying a silencer. It's all in there. And we know he's a big fan of two-corinthians.

He, like most people, has watched too many Bourne movies.

Or if he just asked to try one or for a demo - probably a few silenced somethings tucked away in the white house Im sure he could get his hands on :)

It's not good anyway you look at it, it shows he's wavering even if he would never actually consider the ban. But we dont know either way so we just need to speak up and apply pressure

He's already demonstrated he's willing to infringe on the 2A (EO bump stock ban) and he's already voiced support for more infringements and violation of other amendments with his take the guns first comment. He's doing just like the NRA, voice support for the 2A while stabbing gun owners in the back. I have very major concerns about his 2A support. If a national ERPO gets in front of him and he signs it I'd say that will give us a very good idea how important gun owners and the 2A are to him.

When the R's propose a VIABLE candidate other than Trump, I'll happily jump ship. That has not yet happened.

Until that time, he has my mildly reluctant support as the lesser of two evils.
The time for that was the last presidential primary. Rand Paul was one of the only truly pro-liberty candidates. Republicans can't have that, though and we got reality TV in the white house.

Lol what were they going to "fight" her with? Jingoservative version of fighting for RKBA issues consists of buying guns and ammo, forwarding fear-laden email bulletins in their knitting circles and not doing much else, maybe throw the NRA a few bucks (instead of other orgs that need the cash over them) outside of armflapping.

Also what are we going to do about it? Primary out Trump? yeah good luck with that idea....

The only functional difference with jingos between Trump and Shitlery with guns is with Trump they will buy less, because they're fully invested in the conservative mysticism that somehow Trump will only throw them halfway under the bus...... [rofl]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom