• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump doesn't like suppressors, update post 69, he's considering ban

We really need a ROFL button next to LIKE. Sort of like the FB Smiley program. Went from a thumb to about 5 different options. Some of the posts - a good [rofl] would be great.

Of course he doesn't like them at all because he's likely clueless about what they do or don't do. [rofl]

I wish he would just punt on things like that though, instead of making the retard-populist-spew type comments.

-Mike

The person asking the questions blew a perfect opportunity to get a face palm response from him

All she/he had to do was ask him 'what don't you like about them?'

Considering what just happened in VB what politician in his right mind would come out and say “I like silencers”????? Never mind the POTUS.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe they should be legal and that the guy in VB would have done just as much damage without one. But don’t expect any political support for silencers right now or maybe forever at this point.
At this point NFA de-regulation on suppressors is going to take a SCOTUS ruling or an amendment to the Constitution.

Or the price of 3D printers that print metal drops so much that anybody will be able to make their own suppressors at home.

The person asking the questions blew a perfect opportunity to get a face palm response from him

All she/he had to do was ask him 'what don't you like about them?'
"They don't make any noise, no noise. I've seen James Bond movies, you can't hear them when they're used."

Doesn't help that the NRA is silent about suppressors either, no pun intended.

It's not like Trump is worse than Bush on 2A. With Bush, he was willing to sign an extension on the AWB. Thankfully Repubs in Congress never passed that.

We haven't really had a pro-gun president since Teddy Roosevelt.

From the perspective of a totally Hollywood educated public, I can see why this concerns a lot of people. Yes, I would rather hear shots being fired in my office building so that I could react sooner. In the movies silencers are relegated only to assassins. Why else would anyone want one?

They fail to comprehend that additional laws and restrictions won't be obeyed by people who plan to murder someone.

Doesn't help that the NRA is silent about suppressors either, no pun intended.

There is a lot to hate about the NRA but it’s not suppressor related. Ten years ago I could hunt in a handful of states with a suppressor, today I can hunt in 42. The NRA drove 99% of those changes. ASA and other lobbying groups glommed on at the end to join the party.

I don't see so much malice in his actions as it is likely just ignorance/stupidity.

He's always spouting off about details he knows nothing about before his trusted advisers have had a chance to help him sort out the facts of the matter and how it plays with his support. Then, if they can get him to change his mind, it's up to Sanders and Conway to clean up the mess, because it's not like he'll just admit it.

Basically this. The dude could sign an AWB tomorrow and there'd still be people saying "this is a brilliant move, he's eight steps ahead of Pelosi, he totally owned her!"

You're so right, dude. I'll be voting the big D all the way in 2019. Kamala Harris, now there's a woman who will protect our 2A rights. /SARC

Seriously, we live in a time of bad choices and I have no doubt it's all downhill from here. So get your licks in now, never-Trumpers.

President Trump has taken a big enough bite out of my hide that I'll be voting Honk Honkler from now on.

You're so right, dude. I'll be voting the big D all the way in 2019. Kamala Harris, now there's a woman who will protect our 2A rights. /SARC

Seriously, we live in a time of bad choices and I have no doubt it's all downhill from here. So get your licks in now, never-Trumpers.

President Trump has taken a big enough bite out of my hide that I'll be voting Honk Honkler from now on.

Damage is done. Think anyone will ever roll back the SALT poking we got from Trump?

yall trippin if you think anyone whose in a position of power would want an armed populous
This right here. The whole purpose of the 2A is to give the people a way to defend themselves against the government and to remove it if they feel its necessary. It is quite literally a threat to the government. Why people look to the government to protect their rights under the 2A is beyond me.

61828361_10213654101882424_7626869522552586240_n.jpg

I don't think he's trustworthy and worse I don't think he cares. How I score his actions re 2A,

Trump the Anti

Bump stocks
Suppressor comments
Taps an anti to head the ATF

Trump the supporter

Excellent SJC nomination

I don't see him as a supporter of 2A, I hope I'm wrong.
SJC?

Non sequitur. Calling Trump out for being a 2A flake does not equal supporting Kamala Harris. He's not the first politician to pay lip service to a voting bloc, and won't be the last. There was ample evidence before the election he wasn't the 2A savior many expected (if I recall we had a thread on here someone posted that within his first 100 days Trump would eliminate the NFA and get reciprocity passed, and take on AWB's...LOL!).

He needs to be held accountable like anyone else.

I know he's supposed to have a pistol permit from NYC, but I wonder if he could hit a barn if he was inside?

Trump is an anti. He used to be a democrat and a close friend of the Clintons. Did you expect any less of him...first the bump stocks and now this.

Well, he's certainly not a 2A absolutist. Tump's policies are a complex synthesis of his firmly held unshakable beliefs and the pragmatic need to pander for votes. The man probably sees himself a centrist in a political environment gone mad. I don't actually think Trump understands bump stocks or suppressors, either one, let alone has any firmly held beliefs about them. These decisions are made for (what he hopes are) votes. These things as "expendables", i.e. things he can leverage to appeal to centrists on while at the same time losing none of the votes of his base, disappointed and angry though they might be about it. He might actually be right because what are we going to do about it? We'd be stone cold idiots to vote for his Democratic opponent in 2020. There's no way the Democrats will produce a nominee who doesn't support a new AWB.

Damage is done. Think anyone will ever roll back the SALT poking we got from Trump?

Wouldn't that be a SALT porking? :)

Non sequitur. Calling Trump out for being a 2A flake does not equal supporting Kamala Harris. He's not the first politician to pay lip service to a voting bloc, and won't be the last. There was ample evidence before the election he wasn't the 2A savior many expected (if I recall we had a thread on here someone posted that within his first 100 days Trump would eliminate the NFA and get reciprocity passed, and take on AWB's...LOL!).

What can I say but you're right.

I used to say he was better than Killary but who knows now, eh?

I also used to be entertained but now he's breaking my balls the joke's gone sour.

He'll never be held accountable nor will any american president. They all will keep pandering enough on everything to maintain their base.

Also let's be realistic, when it comes down to it during the re-election circus, is anyone going to vote for (insert garbage dem here) because of a bump stock ban? [rofl]

Then again, for most of us on this forum its an irrelevant question, because all the EVs in the northeast now go to moonbats anyways.

At least the guy got us two supreme court justices, and might get us a third. That's about all I thought he would ever do to begin with WRT gun stuff, the rest of it he was going to be another protectionist failure just like the Bushes, etc. That is the funniest part to tell the trumpettes about. "Trump loves executive orders, so why hasn't he repealed Bush's 89 import
ban, put in place by EO? Oh wait, that's right, because he plays protectionist gun mafia games too, just like them. " [rofl]

-Mike

Primary him out of the 2020 race.

Barring the Democrats actually nailing him with something that earns him bipartisan condemnation, or the economy collapsing, I'd have to set the probability of that just north of zero, and in either case, a Democrat will be elected for sure. Anyway, right now Bill Weld is his only official competition, so ...

Of course he doesn't like them at all because he's likely clueless about what they do or don't do. [rofl]

I wish he would just punt on things like that though, instead of making the retard-populist-spew type comments.

-Mike

IMO he answered a no win question by not actually answering it. Refusing to answer lets the media make up an answer. Give constitutionally supportive answer and the left eats him alive. Give a vague personal opinion and the right eats him alive.

There are almost no politicians who care about any of our rights. Both roads lead to the same slaughter house door. One just gets the cows there faster.

Back
Top Bottom