trigger pull

i just bought a s&w 9ve 9mm. The trigger pull seems a bit much.Are these adjustable and if so who can do it. Where can i find info on this

I've had two of them. I sold the first one because I didn't like the trigger. I bought the second because I always regretted selling the first. It has an 11 pound trigger which can be replaced with an 8 pound trigger. Some people polish the sear.

I just shoot mine and it smooths out over time. I actually like the tough trigger because it is my primary carry piece and I feel safer with it.

I had the trigger pull on my 642 adjusted by someone at my range; no amount of shooting was going to make it usable for me. (Heck, after the first 6 rounds my hand cramped.)

I'm sure there are gunsmith recommendations on this forum if you do a search, and you can likely find one year you.

I have one and yes, the trigger is tough. Keep it nice and clean and oiled (trigger assembly) and it runs a lot smoother (no grit) which makes a big difference when shooting paper.

Take a look through the smith&wesson forum as there is a lot of talk about the trigger.

I guess the way they are built there is not alot you can do. Polishing everything certainly helps.

There is a mod you can do by taking out two springs in the trigger assembly. You'll notice there are two main springs in there. One larger diameter spring over a smaller one. Take the outer one off and reinstall with just the inner. Makes a nice difference. You don't need that other smaller pigtail spring either. Some have reported problems with reliability though. Most say it runs flawless still. I don't recommend it if you use it for defense. I did it and have run a few hundred rounds through it with not one failure. Also, I wouldn't run +P ammo in it with the springs out.

I have also read that it definitely smooths with shooting. One person on S&W put several thousand rounds (5-8+) through one with the springs and one without and there is no noticable difference after that many rounds.

Good gun to learn on though. I shoot someones Glock and I am dead nuts. And the new VEs are reliable as all hell. Nothing like the original ones.

It's funny how an 8 lb trigger pull on a Sigma seems to suck badly but the stock 8 - 9 lb pull of any S&W revolver is eminently controllable.

It's funny how an 8 lb trigger pull on a Sigma seems to suck badly but the stock 8 - 9 lb pull of any S&W revolver is eminently controllable.

It's probably because the wheelie has a lot smoother pull... the
damned smegma is a "nails across a chalkboard minus the screech"
kind of trigger pull, that's what really hurts its viability, not the
weight. An S+W wheelie that isnt broken has kind of a rolling
break... a smegma has a crunching break.... [laugh]

-Mike

On car turn signals, that is called a "breaking the chicken leg" type of "ergonomic feedback".

Back
Top Bottom