Trigger Jobs - Who Does These?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Hopefully Greg Derr or someone else will pipe up with some info on the following:

Who does trigger jobs on the following guns?

- H&K USP Compacts?

- Taurus PT-111?

- S&W Revolvers? [Besides Smith, of course.]

All of the above would be focused on defensive and range practice use, not precision bullseye shooting.

Karl Sokol up around Rutland VT.
# is 802-438-5732

he did a great job on a couple of my S&W revolvers, and an outstanding job converting a burned out (corrosive ammo) Savage 110 in 30-06 to a 1000 meter .223 rifle.

I have had Carl Sokol of Chestnut Mountain Sports do S&W auto work, he is very competent and I was quite pleased with the results. Mike LaRocca of La Rocca Gunworks at Union Place in Worcester did a trigger job on a Model 29 I owned once, that was superb. In my own opinion, Mike does better with revolvers than autos, as he also did a trigger job on a Colt Govt Model for me. I understand that he does a great job with Remington 870 Shotguns and has a pretty slick combat package for them.

I recently had Mike do some minor repair work for me and I was quite satisfied.

Regards,

Mark

Sig triggers can be tricky. The mechanics are much different than a gun with a hammer. They like the Glock use a striker. THe firing pin is held under a "Load" or tension by a spring. The sear releases the firing pin which strikes the round. Getting these pistols to the 2-3 pound trigger range may produce light hits since the movement of the trigger is related to the spring tension on the striker. I have done some Glocks with aftermarket components and gotten them down some. The flex in a lot of the internals of these pistols also adds to the poor trigger break. Greg

Response to the above two questions:

The DA trigger pull on my Sig 220ST is about 10lbs.

-and-

Greg, maybe I have my nomenclature wrong, but that appendage sticking out behind the slide on the Sig sure looks like a hammer. Perhaps you're thinking of its cousin Herr Glock.

Greg,

I sent you an Email asking more specifics about this post. Haven't seen a response yet. Please check your Email?

Thanks.

Greg,

Yes, the HK P7 (squeeze cocker) doesn't have a hammer. However, the HK USP's do.

I bought the Sig 220ST and installed Laser grips planning to try it for ipsc type shooting. The trigger pull is so heavy that I'm back to using an HK USP45 Expert. The HK's trigger pull in SA is significantly lighter and it has much less muzzle flip than the heavy, stainless steel framed Sig; that's saying something for a "Tupperware" gun.

Greg Derr does amazing precision gunsmithing. I have lost count of how many action jobs he has done for me, how many sights he has installed, and how many of my guns he has brought back to life.

His shop also offers the fastest turnaround time I have ever seen.

Greg Derr and his fine shop get an A+ from me!

I had Bob Javery do some work on one of my HK USPcs. He was able to improve the trigger somewhat. Bob told me that part of the problem with the gun was that a part inside the gun (trigger bar?) is relatively weak and flexes. Consequently, you just can't get a very crisp trigger feel.

Back
Top Bottom