• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Traveling to Boston tomorrow.

Not sure how to ask this, but non marathon related events have dragged me into Boston tomorrow- Anyone have any experience in regards to public transit and screening on marathon day? I won't be on the marathon route, but I will be within a few blocks and generally carry. Is it a day I should just leave the ccw at home or can I just expect street level checkpoints and applicable transit exits?

Go about your business. The "banned" items along the route do not include firearms. Trains will be crowded so be aware of how you carry, etc..

There’s no law prohibiting you from carrying on the T. Keep it concealed. Even if you run into one of the bag checkpoints entering the T they’re not going to pat you down, and you can refuse to have your bag checked if it suits you, that would only result in them saying you’d have to find another mode of transportation.

Go about your business. The "banned" items along the route do not include firearms.
Depends where. Sure, they're not officially banned. That being said, the staring line is just down the street from my office and the checkpoint to get near it is 1/2 block away. I went to to see a friend start 2 years ago and tripped the metal detector for a single key in my pocket. Had to empty everything out and get separately wanded. I'm not sure how the National Guard 20-something manning the detector would have reacted had I been carrying.

Depends where. Sure, they're not officially banned. That being said, the staring line is just down the street from my office and the checkpoint to get near it is 1/2 block away. I went to to see a friend start 2 years ago and tripped the metal detector for a single key in my pocket. Had to empty everything out and get separately wanded. I'm not sure how the National Guard 20-something manning the detector would have reacted had I been carrying.

The difference is that you purposely went thru a metal detector attempting to get to the starting line and a secured area, the OP is not attending the event, and stated he’d be several blocks away.

Just because there’s a big public event doesn’t mean all civil rights are suspended for the day within a 5 mile radius.

The difference is that you purposely went thru a metal detector attempting to get to the starting line and a secured area, the OP is not attending the event, and stated he’d be several blocks away.
Yes, he did. And the security checkpoint I went through was between 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the start, well more than "several blocks" away.

My point was that just because you're not "on the route", you may still hit security, and even though firearms are not explicitly banned items, you wouldn't be able to take them every place near the route.

looked around and didn’t find any better place to ask this:
CCW Boston Seaport Trade Center - any restrictions I should be aware of ?
Thanks in advance.

looked around and didn’t find any better place to ask this:
CCW Boston Seaport Trade Center - any restrictions I should be aware of ?
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom