Transportation in Your Vehichle

It's all good. Not to disagree, but I do, on a few points. [smile]
I don't disagree, but that baby is jammed in their tight, so it's not a major concern of mine.
Physics is not your friend here...

Whatever you might think about the forces involved in even a minor accident, you are likely underestimating them...

Unless its bolted to the floor - you should assume its going to move...

Also, I would echo the concerns about visibility and add, if it has not been done the issue of "man with a gun" cell calls from "concerned citizens"... You are not as alone as you think you are in your car. People can see you picking your nose, talking on your cell and if they are above you in a taller car, or on foot - they are going to see it...

I've been thinking about a "baby on board" suction cup job with "guns on board"... [laugh]

That could well be a part of the new and improved:

MassMark Good Citizens CCW Kit

- One Blaze Orange CCW Sash With Embroidered Gold CCW Emblem

- One Blaze Orange CCW "Man With Gun" Hat

- One Blaze Orange CCW Magnetic Car Top Flag

- One Cekim Inspired "Gun on Board!" CCW Window Bobble

- One CCW Wallet With Gold CCW Badge

- One CCW Steering Wheel Velcro Kit

- One CCW "10 and 2" Marker Kit For Proper Hand Placement

All of this for the incredibly low price of $99.95!!! Call Now!!! Operators are standing by!!!

Call Now: 1-800-URA-SHEEP

In theory, the setup I was using is similar to this but was not permanently secured. I was actually thinking before I created this thread that I would get another holster and use 3M auto adhesive tape and secure it in approximately the same spot. That clip from the product you posted looks like it wouldn't be fun to sit on!
I question whether adhesive tape would hold in a collision. I agree with you about the comfort of sitting on that holster. On the plus side, in a crash that strap would be in tension and it is likely very strong in tension.

Hyundai Genesis? How do you like it? Does it have the V8?

To be on topic, I agree with the others about the physics of a crash, etc. Some Audis have a drawer under the front seat which would be a much better location (MA laws not withstanding).

Hyundai Genesis? How do you like it? Does it have the V8?

To be on topic, I agree with the others about the physics of a crash, etc. Some Audis have a drawer under the front seat which would be a much better location (MA laws not withstanding).

375HP of Korean TAU 4.6!

Nice car, nice gun, carry method might land you in some hot water if you ever get pulled over.

I'm not a fan of carrying off my person as you were, for most of the reasons that have already been discussed. Deep bucket seats are a holster challenge, though.

I don't think that raising the rear sunshade so the LEO couldn't see you scrambling around is going to be interpreted any differently than just letting them watch you scramble. Vehicle pulls over, sunshade goes up - what are they hiding? Whatever method you end up going with, perhaps not carrying visibly should be higher on the priority list - in the interests of making your LEO interactions short and dull.

I have very deep bucket seats in my car. I carry at 4:00. My gun causes less discomfort on a drive then my wallet does.

The REAL question is....if you get pulled over, do you tell the cop you have a gun? [wink]

Do an Advanced Search here, it's been discussed many times with people saying yes as well as no. I fall into the NO category in MA. Some officers will over-react and you'll end up with a felony stop with loaded guns pointed at you, even though most officers won't go that far over-board, it's not worth the risk IMNSHO. That's the short story.

Well I like to keep my gun collection pretty quiet and only 1 or 2 of my friends even know I own guns. My girlfriend who would be with me most of the time is a LTC holder as well so she doesn't mind knowing the gun is in the car. If a long trip comes up I usually have it in the glove box, other than that it was always like in the pictures even with her in the car. For some reason it never gets in the way for her probably because she's a lot smaller than I am.

The center console of this car is soooo small. Kind of sucks actually. I guess until I find a better solution I'll keep the gun on my person.

Well I like to keep my gun collection pretty quiet and only 1 or 2 of my friends even know I own guns. My girlfriend who would be with me most of the time is a LTC holder as well so she doesn't mind knowing the gun is in the car. If a long trip comes up I usually have it in the glove box, other than that it was always like in the pictures even with her in the car. For some reason it never gets in the way for her probably because she's a lot smaller than I am.

The center console of this car is soooo small. Kind of sucks actually. I guess until I find a better solution I'll keep the gun on my person.

VERY poor location at any time and illegal in MA. On your person is where it should be while driving.

I would have to agree with the other posters that said my biggest concern would be a "man with a gun" call. But hey, You do whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally would invest in a holster that would let me keep my pistol comfortably on my person. I carry a Sig 226 in a Galco concealed carry owb holster and even when driving the wife's BMW it is held so close that it is comfortable.

Do an Advanced Search here, it's been discussed many times with people saying yes as well as no. I fall into the NO category in MA. Some officers will over-react and you'll end up with a felony stop with loaded guns pointed at you, even though most officers won't go that far over-board, it's not worth the risk IMNSHO. That's the short story.

I know, that's why I put the wink in. Those conversations usually go sour FAST....

Maybe you could find a nice shoulder holster that would hold your gun and still let you sit in your tight seat.

Dan Long
Boston, MA

ASHDUMP, you asked for opinions, and you've certainly gotten a few. If you're comfortable carrying/storing that way, then do so. I wouldn't, for many of the reasons already mentioned. One thing I've learned from reading thousands of posts on NES is that concealed means concealed. It's nobody's business but mine.

Just my $.02.

I have to side with the consensus here; concealed means concealed, and scrambling to hide a gun while being pulled over is a big red flag from the cop's standpoint. (They're watching for shenanigans like that.) I'd skip the console and the glove box, as well; on person is probably safest, legally speaking.

Get a better ccw gun and a better holster. That 84 is a chunky little 380. Keltec P3AT maybe? You could pocket carry.

Keep in mind if you have your firearm off body and you get pulled over, and then asked to exit the vehicle, the firearm would no longer be under your direct control, right?

Not only is "Direct Control" a legal requirement, it is also a good practice. Don't take chances and make yourself vulnerable in public for a little bit of comfort.

Back
Top Bottom