Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

To add, in MA it just has to be removed 10 days before it can be hunted:

The bait has to be pulled more than 10 days PRIOR to the opening of archery. If not it is considered baited through the end of the year.

“Baiting is defined as the deliberate placing, depositing, distributing, or scattering of bait so as to constitute for deer a lure, attraction, or enticement to or on any area where hunters are attempting to take them.
A baited area is any area where baiting has taken place. Such area shall be considered a baited area for the period from 10 days prior to the opening of the archery season to the day following the close of the primitive firearms season.”

Screenshot_20230729_100348_ANRAN.jpg
3 mini, superfast fox , compared to the regular fox I get daily. These 3 little critters are tiny!
Also, from the video, they are making noises I've never heard before.
Also. 3 of them, but they maintain their distances and never get all 3 at once in the frame.

Ironically , this week we now have 3 baby deer.

Sometimes I share with them bad jokes via the intercom, and they freak out
Screenshot_20230731_190435_ANRAN.jpg

What state? MA; it’s legal.

You are better off putting it in a feeder than tossing it on the ground. It keeps it dry. I use a simple PVC tube feeder. Mineral licks are great attractants, and supplements when antlers are growing and moms are nursing.

Here you can see my simple PVC feeder. A 6’ piece of PVC pipe, caps, and a 45. It holds about 5 gal of corn/pellets. I had to reinforce the bottom with a metal block as the damn squirrels chewed thru the PVC drain I had on the bottom.

The main attraction at the moment in this picture are the two mineral blocks.

42614092-C1-ED-4-D6-D-8-C5-D-639-A1-BEB695-D.jpg
Thank you. I will build this
I want to try it

Thought about making my own thread but I think it fits here. I’m starting to take hunting seriously versus just deer driving in shotgun season. I’m working public land and starting to scout and hang cams. I know im behind the 8ball but it is what it is. At first I was super excited to see some bucks on my cameras. I’ve placed them in places I would have considered good hunting spots. Places I saw some scat, trails, scrapes, etc. Im getting at most 2-3 triggers per week on my cameras. Granted I placed them high angled down which might reduce trigger rates. My question is, what do you typically see for activity rates on an average/normal camera. At what point would you be moving your camera to a better location for lack of activity versus choosing to hunt a given location based on activity? Also, I’m worried about using salt or other bait to increase activity because I can’t hunt that come seasons. It’s not real activity. Thanks I’m advance brain trust

Back
Top Bottom